Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

GaGa AI Lensa

CaliforniaDreamin

Featured Posts

CaliforniaDreamin

So the new Lensa that’s going around makes intense ai art based on 20 selfies you upload 

can someone make some and upload them. I’m broke and it’s like $6.   That is all 

And read the terms and conditions to see if you’re allowed to upload someone else’s photos without their consent :ohwell:

Submitting 20+ photos of yourself from different angles and full body photos just doesn’t seem right to me

darkgaga

They already increased the price a lot this past week, so I wont spend anymore money on it. Already got like a 1000 images of me hahaha

6 minutes ago, Benji said:

Submitting 20+ photos of yourself from different angles and full body photos just doesn’t seem right to me

You just upload selfies. I did just some of my insta pics so nothing no one can't access already

I have mixed feelings about it— you’re essentially paying a company to make their product better by uploading your photos, the software learns better for face recognition. 

Also the ai is taking designs/ styles from artists and using it on their own accord without the artists consent. Now I know art is subjective so it's hard to say how you "steal" a style, but a number of artists have been making a fair point on twitter.

✧ ✧ ✧

RahrahWitch
31 minutes ago, Leo said:

And read the terms and conditions to see if you’re allowed to upload someone else’s photos without their consent :ohwell:

Considering their using stable diffusion/LAOIN that's got billions of stolen art, medical records, nudes and even photos of killings, I doubt they care.

CautiousLurker

I get that most people don't give a sh*t that these companies shamelessly used art made by actual living people WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION to create these AIs that are meant to make visual artists obsolete, but at least for your own sake, don't use that app :cyanlights:

318779369_10160623424098522_143526747943

It's literally in their terms of service that they can use and monetize whatever you upload

CaliforniaDreamin
1 hour ago, RahrahWitch said:

Considering their using stable diffusion/LAOIN that's got billions of stolen art, medical records, nudes and even photos of killings, I doubt they care.

I have midjourney but I’m so new to it I don’t fully understand how to use reference photos 

RahrahWitch
7 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

I have midjourney but I’m so new to it I don’t fully understand how to use reference photos 

The AI itself uses all those things in it's data set, The whole thing is pretty scummy to be honest.

I've no issue with AI itself as a tool but the way these companies stole billions of hours worth of labor from artists without consent to make a product that aims to replace them is evil. And it wont just be art, It's going to be music, books, play, content creation, anything really.

If it goes unchecked the internet will just be a constant flood of AI generated content that no person will be able to compete with. 

HermioneT

As fascinating this technology is, it's threating real artists work and taking their efforts, time and artistry away. Please do not feed this AI.

She / hers

Space Cowboy
1 hour ago, HermioneT said:

As fascinating this technology is, it's threating real artists work and taking their efforts, time and artistry away. Please do not feed this AI.

I don't think its that serious. Art will always have a place, even if its AI

CautiousLurker
17 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

I don't think its that serious. Art will always have a place, even if its AI

Maybe if you don't look/consume visual art, but for people who do and people who make visual art this is absolutely that serious, it has already started forcing people out of work, and making newbies abandon their aspiration to pursue visual arts altogether, because they simply can't compete.

Maybe you're ok with internet being populated almost exclusively by AI generated imagery - I think that's a pretty bleak prospect... I know I've stopped looking at deviantart altogether cuz its nothing but AI generated imagery now, and Atrstation and Instagram are slowly going that route as well - it all looks the same and there is so much of it, it already feels overwhelming.

And on the off chance you do spot an AI generated piece you like, there's no way to communicate with a person who made it that you like it, that wouldn't feel disingenuous cuz... whoever posted it didn't make it - if I want to comment on the nuances of their palette or shading, I can't because they didn't make those choices, they just wrote a prompt.

Space Cowboy
5 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Maybe if you don't look/consume visual art, but for people who do and people who make visual art this is absolutely that serious, it has already started forcing people out of work, and making newbies abandon their aspiration to pursue visual arts altogether, because they simply can't compete.

Maybe you're ok with internet being populated almost exclusively by AI generated imagery - I think that's a pretty bleak prospect... I know I've stopped looking at deviantart altogether cuz its nothing but AI generated imagery now, and Atrstation and Instagram are slowly going that route as well - it all looks the same and there is so much of it, it already feels overwhelming.

And on the off chance you do spot an AI generated piece you like, there's no way to communicate with a person who made it that you like it, that wouldn't feel disingenuous cuz... whoever posted it didn't make it - if I want to comment on the nuances of their palette or shading, I can't because they didn't make those choices, they just wrote a prompt.

Girl I am NOT reading all that

CautiousLurker
5 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Girl I am NOT reading all that

Oh, sorry, thought you might actually give a sh*t when livelihoods of other people were at stake, my mistake :kiss:

• River locked this topic

Archived