Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

GaGa AI Lensa

CaliforniaDreamin

Featured Posts

RahrahWitch
30 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

I don't think its that serious. Art will always have a place, even if its AI

It's very serious. The whole goal of AI Art is to take Artists out of the equation.

CaliforniaDreamin
43 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Oh, sorry, thought you might actually give a sh*t when livelihoods of other people were at stake, my mistake :kiss:

I’m an artist.   And I don’t feel threatened. If people are insecure about their art they will feel threatened 

i don’t see y’all going back in time and canceling digital art when real physical art was the thing 

CaliforniaDreamin
7 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

I’m at artists.   And I don’t feel threatened. If people are insecure about their art they will feel threatened 

i don’t see y’all going back in time and canceling digital art when real physical art was the thing 

Also it’s been happening for years now.   One style of art will never be a good career interest       Sign painting used to be popular.   Graphic design used to pay good.   Some People should just pick better career paths tbh and keep art as a side hustle 

CautiousLurker
15 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

I’m an artist.   And I don’t feel threatened. If people are insecure about their art they will feel threatened 

Link your insta, lets see... cuz I lowkey don't believe you - what kind of artist are you? Do you know how digital illustration is made? Cuz if you do, you can't in good consciousness make that comparison - AI GENERATES AN ENTIRE IMAGE FOR YOU, you don't need to touch or retouch it, it does not involve any acquired skill beyond perhaps prompt writing know-how... Digital illustrators still have to think about composition, lighting, color theory, perspective, structure, anatomy... Yeah sure, Photoshop removed the tedium of creating a perspective grid by hand - you still have to make an illustration yourself tho - I don't understand how that escapes people :fail:

Digital softwear is not comparable to AI image generators in any way, and people making that comparison, pointing at artists and saying 'you're just insecure' are either extremely gullible and fed into the rhetoric designed to allow for work of artists to be stolen, or are aware but just looking for excuses to justify using their new toy because it doesn't affect them personally and they don't care how it will affect working professionals.

CaliforniaDreamin
40 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Link your insta, lets see... cuz I lowkey don't believe you - what kind of artist are you? Do you know how digital illustration is made? Cuz if you do, you can't in good consciousness make that comparison - AI GENERATES AN ENTIRE IMAGE FOR YOU, you don't need to touch or retouch it, it does not involve any acquired skill beyond perhaps prompt writing know-how... Digital illustrators still have to think about composition, lighting, color theory, perspective, structure, anatomy... Yeah sure, Photoshop removed the tedium of creating a perspective grid by hand - you still have to make an illustration yourself tho - I don't understand how that escapes people :fail:

Digital softwear is not comparable to AI image generators in any way, and people making that comparison, pointing at artists and saying 'you're just insecure' are either extremely gullible and fed into the rhetoric designed to allow for work of artists to be stolen, or are aware but just looking for excuses to justify using their new toy because it doesn't affect them personally and they don't care how it will affect working professionals.

girl it’s not that deep, I will litterally use mid-journey for inspiration in digital and my hand skills for graphite.  

if anything I’ve been drawing and creating more because of ai 

go be upset about something else 

machines make clothes go attack a loom or something 

CautiousLurker
24 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

girl it’s not that deep, I will litterally use mid-journey for inspiration in digital and my hand skills for graphite.  

if anything I’ve been drawing and creating more because of ai 

go be upset about something else 

machines make clothes go attack a loom or something 

You haven't actually countered any of my arguments, all you did was use the old 'why so triggered' line that anyone with no argument uses as a last ditch effort :vegas:

Oh wait, 'machines make clothes' - that was your argument... Damn, how do people survive with skulls that thick :laughga:

CaliforniaDreamin
1 hour ago, CautiousLurker said:

You haven't actually countered any of my arguments, all you did was use the old 'why so triggered' line that anyone with no argument uses as a last ditch effort :vegas:

Oh wait, 'machines make clothes' - that was your argument... Damn, how do people survive with skulls that thick :laughga:

art forms evolve.   Point blank, if in this way ai was to copy/ copyright artistic styles or artists so in a sense so would gaga in making music inspired by 70s music and Bowie. Or even pop music in general because it existed before her. The machine takes millions of references   So do artists from every day life. 

Putting people out of business is a very broad statement to make as well, art forms always evolve and to say it wasn’t coming would be to turn a blind eye.  It’s giving 2007 robots will take over jobs but vise versa as well though.  There will always be demand for art… wether that be someone’s 3 million followers or someone’s granny asking for a picture of her dog. 

And finally just like Facebook you can always read the terms   And conditions   That being you’re capable of reading, and decide if allowing an app to access personal data is worth the outcome. Point blank      

also re read the OP    This was just a question 

not a who can be more triggered about new technology. 

didn’t feel the need to counter at that point cause I didn’t care enough. But here you go 

skedaddleBItCh
1 hour ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

art forms evolve.   Point blank, if in this way ai was to copy/ copyright artistic styles or artists so in a sense so would gaga in making music inspired by 70s music and Bowie. Or even pop music in general because it existed before her. The machine takes millions of references   So do artists from every day life.

Except that contemporary art was defined and made distinct through how the art was made, specifically through hardwork and passion, not through automation. Art form evolves, but we have the right to subject newer art movements to a stop due to ethical, economic, and aesthetic issues, just like with any other. Also the issue with this is that artists actually lose their job and affect their portfolio because people accuse them of using AI. I have a friend who was kicked out in many art commission groups because they accused them of using AI art when in fact they do not. There's also the issue of stealing copyrighted digital art of artists in which companies use in their AI-made art works.

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

CaliforniaDreamin
20 minutes ago, skedaddleBItCh said:

Except that contemporary art was defined and made distinct through how the art was made, specifically through hardwork and passion, not through automation. Art form evolves, but we have the right to subject newer art movements to a stop due to ethical, economic, and aesthetic issues, just like with any other. Also the issue with this is that artists actually lose their job and affect their portfolio because people accuse them of using AI. I have a friend who was kicked out in many art commission groups because they accused them of using AI art when in fact they do not. There's also the issue of stealing copyrighted digital art of artists in which companies use in their AI-made art works.

Automation is the same thing as digital art being created so you don’t have to swap between physical medias, brushes and etc… 

And the accusations are per whoever’s making them.  It’s not products fault 

there may be kinks to be worked out. But half way boycotting AI isn’t gonna make it go away.  

Anveeroy
7 hours ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

@CautiousLurker I also have the slightest feeling you went to school for some pointless career like theatre, or some media field and now your blaming the world on your incapability to find a well paying job or to earn a living on a 14 y/os fantasy dream and this is one of your ways to vent cause it has to do with the art field 

Eh, what's up with this kind of demeaning comment 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

people defending this AI garbage as "not a big deal" aren't truly understanding that artists out there who NEED these careers are having their artwork stolen and mutilated without permission

7 hours ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

Point blank, if in this way ai was to copy/ copyright artistic styles or artists so in a sense so would gaga in making music inspired by 70s music and Bowie. Or even pop music in general because it existed before her. The machine takes millions of references   So do artists from every day life. 

inspiration is not stealing, referencing is not stealing (when done right). AI is not being inspired or using references, it is literally taking somebody else's work without permission. when somebody samples a song or wants to make art based on another piece, they seek permission so both parties have legal protection.

mother, what must i do?

• River locked this topic

Archived