💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Cardi B sued for unauthorized use of the artwork with a clear commercial purpose

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

On October 31, Cardi B posted a series of images on Instagram taken by photographer Jora Frantzis in which she dressed up as the cartoon character Marge Simpson for Halloween.
FgcF9CoXwAMroIp?format=jpg&name=small

Artist aleXsandro Palombo is claiming that one of Cardi B’s photographs is directly lifted from a piece in his artwork series, Marge Simpson Style Icon that he designed in 2013:
original
https://www.vogue.co.uk/gallery/marge-simpson-alexsandro-palombo-iconic-dresses

Palombo also claims that the rapper and her photographer, Frantzis shared his picture on social media without credit.

card.jpg

Palombo’s lawyer, Claudio Volpi of Barberi & Volpi, says that the artist is taking legal action against the American pop star and her “closest collaborators” for unauthorized use of the artwork.

“Cardi B has illegitimately appropriated the work of aleXsandro Palombo for mere business purposes in defiance of the most elementary rules on copyright and Instagram policies, with the consequent serious risks, both of compensation and of discredit for her public image,” Volpi says.
source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

It's Halloween costume/cosplay :awkney:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Shipper

Imagine getting sued by Andy Warhol when you dressed up as Campbell soup for Halloween AND posting it in social media.

campbells-tomato-soup-costume.jpg

andy warhol GIF

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Teletubby
5 minutes ago, Dancerinthedark95 said:

Imagine if Sandro Botticelli sued Gaga for Venus wig :saladga:

Italy’s Uffizi Galleries sues for unauthorised use of of Botticelli’s The Birth of Venus.

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Meta Mart

I mean it totally is that. Relevance is that the creator of that wouldn't have copyright over either creative output really, just his interpretation, which is valid as his own copyright of his construction. But it really depends on the ownership of the property he's using. It's not really his place to sue unless he has the full ownership for what he's represented. But certainly being regarded as the artist from whom the image is derived, is the whole point. Cardi would arguably need to account for the longer train of copyright issues, and as such, would involve this artist too.

By Century's End We Will Have Another Lady Gaga Album

RahrahWitch

She definitely just recreated his photo, He basically made fan art that he can't even copyright considering he himself used another person's IP. 

He could ask for credit but that's about it, unless this is all a PR stunt :oops:

myluis617

Wouldn’t Mugler or whoever took the picture of that mugler look sue him?Also cant the creators of the Simpsons sue him too? Talk about throwing stones in a glass house. 

ProfessionalClown
9 hours ago, Teletubby said:

On October 31, Cardi B posted a series of images on Instagram taken by photographer Jora Frantzis in which she dressed up as the cartoon character Marge Simpson for Halloween.
FgcF9CoXwAMroIp?format=jpg&name=small

Artist aleXsandro Palombo is claiming that one of Cardi B’s photographs is directly lifted from a piece in his artwork series, Marge Simpson Style Icon that he designed in 2013:
original
https://www.vogue.co.uk/gallery/marge-simpson-alexsandro-palombo-iconic-dresses

Palombo also claims that the rapper and her photographer, Frantzis shared his picture on social media without credit.

card.jpg

Palombo’s lawyer, Claudio Volpi of Barberi & Volpi, says that the artist is taking legal action against the American pop star and her “closest collaborators” for unauthorized use of the artwork.

“Cardi B has illegitimately appropriated the work of aleXsandro Palombo for mere business purposes in defiance of the most elementary rules on copyright and Instagram policies, with the consequent serious risks, both of compensation and of discredit for her public image,” Volpi says.
source

It’s literally…a cosplay 

TortureMeOnReplay

My favorite part is where his art is an "expression of women's emancipation and gender equality" and then proceeds to sue a woman over a cosplay. 

skaxboy

Article from 2013 says:

Italian illustrator, AleXsandro Palombo, as far as I can tell, does not animate for The Simpsons, but is the creator behind Humor Chic, a daily society portrait blog which heavily features Simpsons characters as you’ve never seen them before. Regarded as “the father of fashion satire”, Alexsandro is known for creating a bit of a stir in the industry with his provocative and unflattering illustrations of celebrities and calling out high fashion designers on stealing vs borrowing designs from the past.

https://www.messynessychic.com/2013/11/27/marge-simpson-the-style-icon/

So it sounds like he himself did not have authorization to use Marge’s likeness, or as the article is stating “unauthorized use of the artwork.” A true reverse Unauthorizedholian expedition. 

Archived