💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

For Awards Season…

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

EGOT2027

so nominations for hold my hand seem pretty likely. the golden globes are january 10th, and they go on from there. assuming gaga goes to the big ones, what do we think she’ll say on the red carpet when asked about joker? i guess it will be kinda hard to say she fully lived in character when she’s about to be in full gaga red carpet mode during filming. 

i guess there’s a chance she doesn’t go? but i don’t see her skipping the oscar’s especially. can’t wait for her performance !!

Maxine Puth

I think she might skip a lot of the award shows especially since she’ll be filing. But also she literally did no promo for HMH or the soundtrack… she didn’t go to any premiers or perform it at any event besides her tour. If she gets nominated for an Oscar she might go, but all the other shows I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t go. 

LilyLark
7 minutes ago, Maxine Puth said:

I think she might skip a lot of the award shows especially since she’ll be filing. But also she literally did no promo for HMH or the soundtrack… she didn’t go to any premiers or perform it at any event besides her tour. If she gets nominated for an Oscar she might go, but all the other shows I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t go. 

I sort of believe she's over the awards rush/season or at least taking a break from it. The fact that she just sort of disappeared before the Oscars, and then has done nearly nothing for HMH and has been laying low except for occasionally doing short clips for IG.

IDK, I could see her skipping all or most of it this year...esp. as she's filming Joker. Having a lot of film critics constantly hate on her on twt-even though the actual Oscar voters are not as terminally online as the critics-isn't great, even if some are objective about Ga's acting and still praise it, and I wonder if her team thinks its better for her to be out of sight/out of mind until Joker. I mean, they've already moved on to new targets to hate on.  JLaw's an example, in some ways. The critics-like the public-were increasingly, weirdly harsh on her and were taking personal digs at her (not just professional critiques of her acting). She took a break, and then the critics were fair when she came back.

*It's kind of sad. As others on here like @freebit have said, she shouldn't have to 'change' herself to please film twitter/journos and the catty film people or disappear for a bit. Not to mention a lot of the 'controversial' stuff during Gucci was way out of context or exaggerated...and in retrospect it's sort of insane people lost their sh*t over it when there are actual predators out there on the awards circuit and people who have said equally (if not more) outrageous stuff than Ga.

James Gibson

Out of the big awards she might attend Golden Globes and Oscars and that's it. She def doesn't need waste energy on smth like Critics Choice. Grammys are a big question mark since she didn't get nomd for top awards, so would be up to her performing or presenting an award I guess.

And I guess in the unlikely scenario of Top Gun being nomd for Best Original Music at BAFTA she could attend, but I doubt it.

Anderson123

I'm sure she's going to attend the Oscars, there's a chance of winning and she's been there several times before. She didn't get nominated for House of Gucci this year yet she got to announce BEST PICTURE with Liza so of course she loves being there.

As for the Golden Globes, they weren't even aired this year and there was some backlash about racism and stuff like that so who knows.

I think she will attend and perform at the Oscars. At the Grammys only if she has at least one nomination in the main program. I don't think any other award show is likely, especially since she is filming Joker.

EGOT2027
6 hours ago, Meat said:

I think she’ll only perform at the Oscars and that’s it. Don’t expect any other appearances.

yeah i guess you’re right. i hope they’re done filming by then. i can imagine her on the red carpet getting asked about joker and her saying some bonkers monologue like “well actually harley has been in me for months now…she’s still with me…..but tonight gaga is also with me. you know this movie, top gun, it’s really about love. and so is joker. i’m only really interested in doing things that have a heart……..” etc etc etc

EGOT2027
1 hour ago, Gaby15 said:

I think she will attend and perform at the Oscars. At the Grammys only if she has at least one nomination in the main program. I don't think any other award show is likely, especially since she is filming Joker.

yeah i don’t think i either of those categories are usually televised. and i don’t think she expects to win either tbh. so i don’t see her going sadly…i loved Drunk Elder Legend GrandmaGa last year

Archived