💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

I wish that I could dance on a single????

ThatsGossip111

Featured Posts

littlepotter
6 hours ago, Charmz said:

“I wish I could dance on single prayer…”

To me, it means that I wish I could have the confidence to dance (dance = be myself) by just praying once. “I wish it were that easy to be myself.”

24 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I'm pretty sure I remember her saying she wrote the song after a night out in Berlin (which is why the song is influenced by techno dance music) where she felt like men were telling her what she could and couldn't do all night long, when all she wanted to do was let loose and have fun. So I always interpreted it to mean she was kind of 'praying' all night like 'god just let me dance and have fun' but it's not that easy. If only she could dance on a single prayer, if only she could be strong without permission from men. It's a feminist anthem after all

But hey I could be totally wrong lol

I get that this is the meaning of the song, but i still dont get the meaning of dancing on a single prayer :bradley: like the metaphore isnt metaphoring

chaeri pls

Always sang prayer tho even that makes little sense to me as well

it can make sense but it’s worded just wrong

ProfessionalClown
8 hours ago, Bonkers said:

I thought it was finger bare.

She wanted to dance on a finger bare.

In circles

While tappin them boots while she beats around 

Brooke Hoegan
1 hour ago, artd0me said:

Has none of you ever looked it up in the album booklet?😅

Many of us actually did. Since 2011 I know that it's "prayer" at the end. But it made zero sense to me.

As a non-native English speaker, I didn't really understand what meaning that sentence has (what "on a single prayer" meant, that is, saying like "OMG f*ck those men" only once and having your problem disappear just like that, and being able to move on with your life; in the song being able to dance freely in a club or simply being a free woman).

And Google didn't help me at all with that phrase.

But thanks to @Charmz and @Helxig I think now I understand, thank you :party:

After all those years, ffs :saladga:

Archived