💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Bloody Mary is OFFICIALLY a single in France

Meat

Featured Posts

Economy
3 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

Honestly, the album cuts on BTW still sound fresh as hell. The label was scared after Judas and leaned hard into the anthemic pop stuff, but Government Hooker, Heavy Metal Lover, Bloody Mary, Scheiße are still sick. I always wonder what would have been if BTW was not on the album and it was just called Highway Unicorn or Electric Chapel instead. There was just such a messy backlash around the single BTW for both musical and political reasons. 

I doubt any of those would have done well at the time anyway

Gaga was irritating a lot of ppl by the time her 3rd album came out. She was "really weird" she's for "gay people and weirdos" and everyone was "sick and tired of her"

Releasing unusual sounding stuff was not likely to win in her favour at the time. It's important when looking back to remember her appeal and image to the GP was not the same it is now

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SevenWonder

My straight friend - who likes Gaga well enough, but, as a straight man, is legally banned from being a stan - just texted. He said: Just listened to Bloody Mary. Dang. What a great song. 

So this makes it official: The straight GP is in love with our Bloody Mary queen. 

memomemome

rediscovered born this way because of bloody mary (In Dolby Atmos), and dang. Born This Way instrumental is Insane. Like the energy is insane.
if BTW got resurgence a la starboy, im not surprised.

chromaticainmyhead

the fact that many of the TikTok audience, mainly young people like 15+ who didn't really get into BTW when it was released now experience this album not only for the first time but by hearing it first via Bloody Mary and looking at the album from that perspective really means a lot to me... idk I feel like it really makes a difference through what song you've first listened to an album and experience it and don't get me wrong the singles off BTW are incredible and I'll love them till the end but they have such a massive status that they easily over shine other songs just like Bloody Mary as fillers but without them the album let alone the message and conceptional masterpiece it all is as a whole would not be the same. I feel like by appreciating songs like Bloody Mary and others off the album many people will now get to know what Gaga stands for through a very fresh, unknown perspective and witness the true values behind Born This Way how revolutionary this album was back at the time, how much it contributed to a generation of now 20-30 year olds that really can live much more freely thanks to icons like Gaga who paved the way with their arts and Born This Way really was the nail in the coffin to be a provocateur that broadens the horizon around LGBTQ+ topics for the whole world not only around ten years from now but also get a vision of how much it contributed since then that we can now live in a world where we've achieved so much. 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

Grammy 2024 here we come :firega:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

MonsterJay
15 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I hope not tbh. Gaga looks and feels so different now it would be like a BTW-Gaga parody, unless she has unreleased visuals from that era

Yes yes! Thats what i meant :vegas:

There has to be lots of unreleased footage :wtfga: (id imagine)

LilyLark
17 hours ago, GipJo said:

I don't think so. Judas is a song that conservatives thought smeared Jesus, but Bloody Mary is a song about Mary, I doubt the misogyny conservatives would care much about the wife of Jesus.

Interesting point (re: misogyny). I always thought Judas was a much more clear allegory about an unfaithful/bad partner being a 'Judas' than Bloody Mary (which had more direct religious references imo), but it's true that the word 'Jesus' and 'Judas' probably get conservatives worked up more than Mary (even if they care about Mary).

ALGAYDO

The fact that her team is learning! 

The fact that BLOODY FÚCKING MARY, one of my all-time favorite Gaga tracks that we all assumed would be paid dust til the end of time, HAS NOT ONLY GONE VIRAL BUT IS OFFICIALLY RELEASED AS A SINGLE 11 YEARS AFTER ITS RELEASE…. This has to be a glitch in the simulation lol 

I looked in the archives, NRJ has not played Bloody Mary yet, so GGD's account spread misinformation and the radio edit is probably fake as well:interestinga:

1 hour ago, The Z said:

I looked in the archives, NRJ has not played Bloody Mary yet, so GGD's account spread misinformation and the radio edit is probably fake as well:interestinga:

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

Guillaume Hamon
8 hours ago, River said:

Grammy 2024 here we come :firega:

If it had the 2012 rumored Tim Burton MV it would...

1 minute ago, The Z said:

Why is not on their archive?

I noticed that some fresh songs aren’t visible in the playlist in the first days. I don’t know how it works but they are playing that song. 

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

Archived