💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

The Queen; and other musings on BTW

jimmytimestep

Featured Posts

jimmytimestep

I figured since the non-stans and youths are doing a deep dive, I should. So I listened to BTW from start to finish.

I used to DESPISE this song. But it hits differently now…it’s actually really special. It bops.

BTW might be one of those legendary albums, bad kids. I know it always was that for us stans, but after this TikTok trend…idk, maybe it is for everyone else too. And that is so exciting because it was a huge part of my self-discovery.  I hope a bunch of other queer kids that missed this moment feel the rush of passion and fighting spirit that this album gave me.

“I can be, the queen that's inside of me
This is my chance to release
And be brave for you, you'll see
I can be, the queen you need me to be
This is my chance to be the dance
I've dreamed it's happening
I can be the queen”

anyhow, let’s stream Bloody Mary and celebrate. What a cool moment. We stan the queen.

warhol killer

The Queen has always been one of my top songs from the album, I especially like when it begins to slow down in the last verse + the guitar solo in the end - such an amazing part of the song.

I was happy to see it added in the revamped version of the tour + it was the studio version!

The meaning fits well with the "embracement of individuality" theme of the album.

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

TheBadRomancer

The Queen is suuuuuuuch an amazing song- definitely one of my favourites. that pre-chorus 😭😭😭

SimonBaetens

I love this song but I feel like the production is a tad heavy, a more stripped down approach would have worked maybe. But it fits the full bodied Born This Way production of course!

I also adooooooooore Black Jesus Amen Fashion. The verses are some of her best lyrics if you ask me. It can compete with Babylon.

old sanuk

I love “The Queen” from day one; it’s rock elements and to me, her best bridge. I only wish it was in the setlist of the Born This Way Ball shows that I attended.

Archived