Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga‘s Never-Lip-Sync-Rule Appreciation

Lextyr97

Featured Posts

Lextyr97

So I went down a rabbit hole of information based on an extremely talented artist who lip syncs a LOT more often than I realized. Discovering what I discovered gave me an even greater appreciation for Gaga. Even though she doesn’t always hit every note, or have her voice in perfect condition, she still ALWAYS sings live. She’s such an honest performer and I will appreciate that for the rest of my life. Love you Gaga. What are some Gaga performances that gave you a greater appreciation for her?

I was watching this video after getting out of the rabbit hole and its what led me here. It’s fanmade but I liked it a lot:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaism

That is one of the things that makes me feel like stuck on every single one of her performances. As you said, the way she’s really into and honest on her singing is definitely one of the most unique things about her. 
I love all her performances and one that I really jam and get goosebumps every time I watch is Manicure from the muppets special. 

Lextyr97
4 minutes ago, Gagaism said:

That is one of the things that makes me feel like stuck on every single one of her performances. As you said, the way she’s really into and honest on her singing is definitely one of the most unique things about her. 
I love all her performances and one that I really jam and get goosebumps every time I watch is Manicure from the muppets special. 

Honestly… she went so hard for that muppets special. Every performance was so good

Linus Gaga

I am very proud she always sing real live. However, I think sometimes she needs to use more playback when she sings dance truck, it gives her room to breathe and sound more polished. I'm glad she kinda did in TCB. 

Hit me a message and say hi !

cold heartedpop

I love that you made this post because some causal listeners think she really lips 😂

xoxo Feels so good!

Wet Fire

What's so awesome is that the live vocals of performances of Shallow sometimes outdo the greatness of the studio recording :giveup:

Monstermilo

yeah compared to her peers shes one of the few who always sings live and its very obvious she does, her backing track is also never louder than her voice. 

even ppl like beyonce lip a lot and mariah always lips now. i would prefer to hear something imperfect than not hear anything live at all. 

ariana also always sings live

Magneto
3 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

So I went down a rabbit hole of information based on an extremely talented artist who lip syncs a LOT more often than I realized.

read tiffany pollard GIF

Free my mind

I'm so glad she always sings live, it makes each performance so unique and let's her have those moments of talking in between. Or pausing cause of emotion :fatcat: I feel like it's one of the things that has us feeling so connected with her, and it lets her connect w us :kara: I really appreciate it so much and I hope she knows it!

Guillaume Hamon
4 hours ago, Monstermilo said:

even ppl like beyonce lip a lot

A lot? :/ I thought it was here and there...

Celine Dion also lipped quote a few climaxes I believe...

4 hours ago, Monstermilo said:

ariana also always sings live

I think she lipped a bit on her former tours.

Honestly I would rather listen to all the flaws and mistakes live rather than someone lip syncing to sound perfect. This is why we love Gaga. 

Kinda seems like an illogical thing to say, but I like the imperfections. I like the fact that you don't know exactly what you're going to hear until.you hear it. She misses some notes or shortens some notes, but at other moments she's hitting it out of the ballpark. 

Archived