Gaga‘s Never-Lip-Sync-Rule Appreciation

Lextyr97

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lextyr97
1 hour ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

A lot? :/ I thought it was here and there…

Yeah I was shocked myself. She is who I was referencing in the OP but it’s not like she has anything to prove

9 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

My posts are always such a failure. God damn it

Take them clothes off, and they'll always be a hit

Wink Rihanna GIF by AnimatedText

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

rinasawachanta

There are many things that have changed. Many things promised that were not fulfilled, but there is one thing that was. The unbreakable oath. This is why she is the best.

badfaith
8 hours ago, Linus Gaga said:

I am very proud she always sing real live. However, I think sometimes she needs to use more playback when she sings dance truck, it gives her room to breathe and sound more polished. I'm glad she kinda did in TCB. 

This! There is definitely a time and place to when she SHOULD use playback more, especially when the choreo is heavy, or the song really is hard to sing live (911, Alice)

Monstermilo

a lot of beyonces tour vocals and tv appearances are lipped, shes just better than her peers at lipping

Lextyr97
8 minutes ago, Monstermilo said:

a lot of beyonces tour vocals and tv appearances are lipped, shes just better than her peers at lipping

Well that’s because she can actually sing really well lol so that make goes on and off all the team to make us believe she’s singing. It’s very well done. Still not crazy about it, but if you’re gonna lip sync, this is the way to do it

I also appreciate that she did the tour sober.  And that she danced so hard. When I watched, I was thinking she's just tryin to break that hip again. But no, she's all good.

:firega:

Lextyr97
2 hours ago, Fresco said:

I also appreciate that she did the tour sober.  And that she danced so hard. When I watched, I was thinking she's just tryin to break that hip again. But no, she's all good.

:firega:

So proud of her :diane:

ALGAYDO

The day she has to lip-sync her performances due to health reasons is the day she will officially quit music, I think. 

JohnDeWayne

While I certainly appreciate her authenticity as a talented vocalist who doesn't lipsync, I do think her live performances would benefit from just a touch more playback. As she ages, it's going to be harder and harder for her to dance and hit certain notes without sounding out of breath and off key. We already know she can sing. She doesn't have anything to prove. As much as Beyoncé is hated on this forum, I think she really strikes a great balance between live vocals and playback in her performances. 

Lextyr97
40 minutes ago, JohnDeWayne said:

While I certainly appreciate her authenticity as a talented vocalist who doesn't lipsync, I do think her live performances would benefit from just a touch more playback. As she ages, it's going to be harder and harder for her to dance and hit certain notes without sounding out of breath and off key. We already know she can sing. She doesn't have anything to prove. As much as Beyoncé is hated on this forum, I think she really strikes a great balance between live vocals and playback in her performances. 

I agree but would like to add that there is a difference between playback and straight up lip syncing lol but regardless I agree, but only if Gaga chooses to continue doing such intense choreo like at the Chromatica Ball. If she doesn’t want to lip sync/use playback, then she could also plan her choreography around sounding good first. I think Enigma did that pretty well where she didn’t do much choreo but still had spectacle (yes I know the show was messy lol but the point stands). What she SHOULD do is tell Richy to stop doing such ridiculous choreography, or the better option of hiring someone new. A bunch of her earlier songs have far less intensive choreography that work well with her singing. Nowadays, how tf is she supposed to sing Rain On Me or Stupid Love with that choreo? I don’t know how she does it to begin with but yeah. The choreo is insane for someone who is supposed to also be singing. Bad Romance, to me, strikes the perfect balance of great choreo that allows for great steady singing

6 hours ago, JohnDeWayne said:

I think she already accepts plenty of help from playback. There have been loads of moments over the years where you can hear her voice but her lips aren't moving. But if her lips ARE moving, then she's singing.

YCHofficial

One time in Australia she was sick, so she sang over the original track and got accused of lipsyncing. 

Julien Lockhart

The first time I noticed her lypsincing a lot was during the Itunes Festival back in 2013 and that's all, nothing noticable since I guess

He ate my heart

Archived