Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Disney’s ‘Strange World‘ to lose $100M

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

And of course, the Conservatives are having a field day with their “go woke, go broke” nonsense. :air: 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RudraCNG

Disney losing money is always a good thing. Not for THAT reason tho.

Btw, I haven't even heard of that movie. Did they promote it properly?

JazzGa

Seems like a marketing/advertising fail to me. I haven't seen a single ad for this movie. Had no idea it existed until now. What exactly is "too woke" about it? Looks like a story about a family of str8 wite dudes lol

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

38 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

Btw, I haven't even heard of that movie. Did they promote it properly?

They absolutely did not. 

Shipper

I think I only saw an ad for this once and cause I was looking for upcoming movie trailers. Honestly, it doesn't even look like it is for kids. It looks like a bunch of middle aged men in the poster. Is there a kid in this show and why is he not on the movie poster? I dont blame kids not wanting to watch this.

But then again, we always give Disney crap for not being original and always trying to recreate the old stuff they have. Now we know why. They go out of their box and cater to middle aged adults and they don't go to the theaters and watch Disney's animated movie.
:ladyhaha:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Economy
16 minutes ago, JazzGa said:

Seems like a marketing/advertising fail to me. I haven't seen a single ad for this movie. Had no idea it existed until now. What exactly is "too woke" about it? Looks like a story about a family of str8 wite dudes lol

I had never heard of it either

CautiousLurker

Disney does this sometimes where they will make absolutely no attempt to promote a film and let it fail, it feels almost intentional - they did that with Treasure Planet and I kinda feel like they just couldn't care less about that movie doing well cuz it was a passion project of the two directors, and not a film the studio wanted - who knows what went on behind the scenes with this film :cyanlights:

CoolTrainerTerry

I saw the movie last week and really enjoyed it. 

The main character's son is gay and it mentions his crush on a boy multiple times. 

2 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Disney does this sometimes where they will make absolutely no attempt to promote a film and let it fail, it feels almost intentional - they did that with Treasure Planet and I kinda feel like they just couldn't care less about that movie doing well cuz it was a passion project of the two directors, and not a film the studio wanted - who knows what went on behind the scenes with this film :cyanlights:

It's funny you mention that. I havent seen it yet. But Disney has a tendency to let their more mature adventure films, like Treasure Planet and Atlantis (both EPIC films) flop. Strange World seems to fall in that category as well. 

JazzGa
3 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Ugh Treasure Planet was such a masterpiece though :flutter: That makes me want to give Strange World a shot

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Tbf it looks interesting and creative, but I just don't really care for this artsyle. I really miss 2d animation.

Only 3d animated movies I liked were some Pixar movies like Toy story, The incredibles and Finding Nemo.

I did like Tangled and kinda liked Frozen because it's about princesses and based on fairytales, but still.

Archived