Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Disney’s ‘Strange World‘ to lose $100M

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

waterfall

the headlines promoting all this woke stuff (most families i doubt wanna sit through that stuff) but honestly i feel like the movie is super weak. i get why disney didn’t advertise this flop. i hate how hollywood always stereotypes representation and it makes things feel forced ig.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PSYCHOSHTICK

Perhaps they didn’t promote it because there is a gay character in there. As in “Let’s silently release this one and see what happens. If the backlash of having a gay character is too big then at least we didn’t spend millions on promo.” It might have been an experiment for them.

However, the conservatives dominate twitter so they’re getting their backlash anyway.:shrug:

Omar Vela

This is getting pretty strange (the irony)... the new leaders at the company seem to want to tear down the animation studios ONCE AGAIN. 

Animation is way expensive than bad CGI live action superheroe flicks and it sells way less tickets (specially now with this superhero fever). So they probably didn't promote this movie as they should because they want to have an excuse to tear down the animation part of the company (the only part I have a truly respect for, the only part of the company who still have artists that love what they do).

The movie is pretty good, but it didn't have any marketing at all. I found it way more interesting than MEHncanto ...

Omar Vela
58 minutes ago, waterfall said:

the headlines promoting all this woke stuff (most families i doubt wanna sit through that stuff) but honestly i feel like the movie is super weak. i get why disney didn’t advertise this flop. i hate how hollywood always stereotypes representation and it makes things feel forced ig.

I didnt' see any stereotype or anything forced... 

Hecturr
13 hours ago, waterfall said:

diversity is woke or? What about the movie is woke?

blackpink

im SO tired of conservative people calling films with diverse casting “woke” :rip: like are people of color/lgbtq+ identifying people just supposed to not appear in media or something :rip: 

waterfall
2 hours ago, Hecturr said:

diversity is woke or? What about the movie is woke?

15 hours ago, Omar Vela said:

I didnt' see any stereotype or anything forced...  

1 hour ago, blackpink said:

im SO tired of conservative people calling films with diverse casting “woke” :rip: like are people of color/lgbtq+ identifying people just supposed to not appear in media or something :rip: 

nah it’s not that. it’s the way the headlines push the movie. if u go look up the film, the only thing people talking about is his sexuality/etc. Hollywood pushes the narratives of “oh this movie flopped cuz of the gay” etc, when really it’s cuz of the weak storyline and non existent promotions

Hecturr
6 hours ago, waterfall said:

nah it’s not that. it’s the way the headlines push the movie. if u go look up the film, the only thing people talking about is his sexuality/etc. Hollywood pushes the narratives of “oh this movie flopped cuz of the gay” etc, when really it’s cuz of the weak storyline and non existent promotions

I see, I was assuming you meant the movie was just some woke trash.

SwissMonster

I’m sorry, but this must’ve been planned from Disney. NO ADVERTISEMENT not a single bit, are you kidding? At this point it serves “see we tried, it failed, so now stop complaining”. Makes me so angry. Especially the conservatives feeling validated thanks to this makes me SICK

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

I personally haven't had any interest in these 3d disney movies since wall-e (which i dont even know if its a disney movie but w/e) so ive been living under a rock when it comes to these movies, however i would at least see an ad or two for other movies they had released... but none for this one, which is weird bc jake gyllenhaal is in it, gabrielle union, lucy liu, dennis quaid so you would naturally expect to be more marketing around it !

Starmie25

Disney needs to grow some balls and bring back the hand drawn animation. 

Last time they released a 2D film was Princess and the Frog and that was 2009 agh.

RAMROD
1 minute ago, Staryu17 said:

Disney needs to grow some balls and bring back the hand drawn animation. 

Last time they released a 2D film was Princess and the Frog and that was 2009 agh.

Fam, I fear it's not coming back. Even Ghibli have released their first 3D animation for their last movie. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

BUtterfield 8
21 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Fam, I fear it's not coming back. Even Ghibli have released their first 3D animation for their last movie. 

And it was bad 

Archived