other

Disney’s ‘Strange World‘ to lose $100M

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ModernEcstasy

I knew people were gonna start blaming the fact that there is a gay character in the movie, the moment I read about it :lana:

skaxboy

I haven’t seen it yet but plan on it this week. 

What is so “woke” about the move?

I don’t understand that narrative. Disney movies have been “woke.” The Little Mermaid is woke, Ariel sings “bright young women, sick of swimming, ready to stand.” Princess Jasmin didn’t want to be treated as a “prize to be won.” Mulan was a strong woman. 

I got so many ads for Disenchanted which released on Disney+ but never for this one. :stalkga:

Don't visit my profile

Since Covid the theatrical release for animation movies is limited, most of them are straight to D+ but to give them a chance to compete for the Oscar's they must release it for the cinema for a few weeks, the real promo will start once they will add it to D+

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

RebeldeFaith
2 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

So he probably paid $12+ per person to just leave after 10 minutes because his eloquent and we'll spoken son didn't like the first 10 minutes if the movie?

Also, 

:ladyhaha:

Something something idk

Batwings
4 hours ago, RebeldeFaith said:

So he probably paid $12+ per person to just leave after 10 minutes because his eloquent and we'll spoken son didn't like the first 10 minutes if the movie?

TOTALLY HAPPENED!

"Dearest Father, while I am positively felicitous at your procurement of theatre tickets, I am stupefyingly vexed by the content of this motion picture and therefore wish to return to our familial domicile, post haste!" 

I think Disney doesn’t really know how to promote to kids today tbh. Like why am I seeing billboards in the car for this movie that just say the name of the film and nothing else? :laughga:

I remember seeing a trailer for this movie a while back can’t remember before which movie. I think lightyear? I kinda wanted to see it. Didn’t realize it wasn’t really being promoted. 

RAMROD

What can we expect, Disney didn't even bother to promote it much. :enigma:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bloody hooker

What’s crazy to me is everyone saying they never heard of it or saw a commercial. I saw the 2 minute trailer ad 1-2 months ago, and seen ads since then.

Maybe it has to do with demographics.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

papergangster
8 hours ago, CoolTrainerTerry said:

I saw the movie last week and really enjoyed it. 

The main character's son is gay and it mentions his crush on a boy multiple times. 

Yeah I really liked it as well! 

RAMROD
5 minutes ago, Bloody hooker said:

What’s crazy to me is everyone saying they never heard of it or saw a commercial. I saw the 2 minute trailer ad 1-2 months ago, and seen ads since then.

Maybe it has to do with demographics.

The promotion is definitely to blame. Disney usually do many TV spots and more than 2 trailers for their movies. Alongside printed campaigns on magazines and banners on websites.

None of that happening to Strange World. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived