Billboard: Madonna Tops Lady Gaga in First Tally of 2013

Paper Planes

Featured Posts

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to both Gaga & Madonna :legend:

You can all remain pressed :hor:

Well,her numbers are down in every city,just saying.

Great numbers Gaga.

Source: http://www.billboard...008074852.story

Well, I'm really tired of this whole competition. :nails: They didn't even mention that Gaga entertained over 100,000 more people than Madonna did, and when it really boils down to it, isn't that really what matters: How many people you can entertain? Not how much money you can wring out of people per ticket?

Oh is that true? I didn't know that. I thought more people attended the MDNA tour than BTWB

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

Source: http://www.billboard...008074852.story

Well, I'm really tired of this whole competition. :nails: They didn't even mention that Gaga entertained over 100,000 more people than Madonna did, and when it really boils down to it, isn't that really what matters: How many people you can entertain? Not how much money you can wring out of people per ticket?

Of course Gaga entertained more people, it's Gaga's 17 gigs vs Madonna's 10

Madonna will have entertained way more people when Gaga's tour wraps up anyway

She's already at over 2m with 4 shows yet to be reported and BTW at 1,6m

I just think it's interesting how Gaga is only on her second tour but they have to compare her to the top grossing solo touring artist ever because if they compared her to any of her contemporaries, she would absolutely demolish them.

Congratulations to Madonna though :clap:

If Gaga's tickets where as expensive as hers she probably wouldn't have done as well :shrug: Madonna is a legend who is able to draw a crowd with expensive tickets. The GP thinks she is worth it.

It is so incredible that Gaga is only being compared with touring legends :legend: She slays her contemporaries.

Very intriguing way to look at it. The media keeps comparing these two, one who is 30 plus years into her career and Gaga who has been around for 5.

Billboard says Madonna topped Lady Gaga in tour ticket sales. What they don't say on the headline is that Gaga topped everyone else except the Queen of Pop by coming up second.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

lechatjaune

Did any of Merdonner's shows sell out?

In fact all of her shows did sell out. Let's see how LG's next tour does...not so many people are willing to pay again to see her 'ball'...

Gaga having a bigger attendance than the ''queen of pop''

Only the legend :clap:

Not trying to shade Gaga but honey, Gaga had lots of more dates than Madonna. Lady Gaga started her tour before madonna and madonna had less dates yet Gaga cannot outgross madonna's tour having more dates and attendance.

Yes. Madonna > GaGa in cultural impact and stardom.

Rightfully so. She's THIRTY years into her career. The fact that GaGa is being compared Madonna (versus maybe Britney or Christina or whoever) screams volumes.

THIS.

Also, it speaks to Medoner's demand that she can charge so much and still sell-out. We should be thankful Gaga is getting compared to her rather than Beyonce or Britney.

Runway

Not trying to shade Gaga but honey, Gaga had lots of more dates than Madonna. Lady Gaga started her tour before madonna and madonna had less dates yet Gaga cannot outgross madonna's tour having more dates and attendance.

Still impressive considering gaga is 25 years younger in the industry

Archived