Kim Petras on DrLuke: "I have nothing to be ashamed of"

Dojo

Featured Posts

• Dojo changed the title to Kim Petras: "Shady gheys get away from me"
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hieronymus

she doesn't really think her release schedule is the issue people have with her...? right?

Squidward T

The amount of transphobia is unreal. I would like to see Doja Cat get nearly th same hate as Kim

RahrahWitch
15 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

I wanted to support Kim so bad but it's **** like this that stops me. Nothing to be ashamed of? seriously?

• Dojo changed the title to Kim Petras: "I'm not ashamed of working with Dr. Luke"
SpiritBunny

Ewww I'm a casual Kim listener but this isn't it at all. Glad she is irrelevant apart from Unholy which isn't even her song. 

Pop Music

Kimberly pls stop it 

Gaga đź’ťTaylor đź’ťCarly Rae đź’ťRina đź’ťMARINA đź’ťBritneyđź’ťLights đź’ťShania đź’ťSigridđź’ť

Werewolves Wanted
4 hours ago, Squidward T said:

The amount of transphobia is unreal. I would like to see Doja Cat get nearly th same hate as Kim

I think the issue lies more so with Kim chose to work with Dr. Luke after the allegations. Now, an argument can be made about how hard it is for trans individuals to find producers in the music industry, therefore limiting her choices—but that’s besides the point I’m trying to make. Doja, similar to Kesha, signed with him before the latter’s allegations. Doja has also hinted at her distaste for Dr. Luke. Kim on the other hand very much likes Luke. 
Now, it is true that Kim gets far more hate than let’s say J-Lo who worked with Luke post-allegations too. That isn’t fair, and perhaps there is some subconscious transphobia associated with that. But from what I’ve seen, many people don’t directly have an issue with Kim being trans, but who she chooses to work with.

EDIT: full disclosure, I am a very huge Kesha fan and protective of her. However, I really don’t hold any ill will against Kim as a human. I disagree with her choices, but really don’t wish her anything negative. Anyone who brings the matter of her being trans into the argument in a negative light should not be doing so. 

• Dojo changed the title to Kim Petras on DrLuke: "I have nothing to be ashamed of"

Archived