💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Dance In the Dark is Today's Featured Wikipedia Article

TEANUS

Featured Posts

TEANUS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

"Critics praised the song for its chorus and theme..... retrospective reviewers ranked the song as one of Gaga's best. 'Dance in the Dark' reached the top ten on charts in Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic, as well as the US Dance/Electronic Digital Song chart. It was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording." :legend:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

TEANUS
Just now, ALGAYDO said:

I did not know that DITD was nominated for a Grammy, wtf :giveup:

Yes! She won Best Dance Recording (now known as Best Dance/Electronic Recording) the year prior for Poker Face, but lost her nomination for Dance In the Dark to Rihanna's Only Girl (In the World). She was also nominated in 2009 for Just Dance, but lost to Daft Punk's Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

RAMROD

DITD IS THAT GIRL!

IMAGINE BEING THAT C*V*N*T!! 10 10 10 across the board!!

FLUpUnIVIAI5TK_.jpg

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

PSYCHOSHTICK

Never actually read the article, so I just did and it says that a critic claimed it had familiarities to Depeche Mode’s ‘Strangelove’. And I have to admit; the melody is very similar. Just like ‘Government Hooker’ and The Cure’s ‘Lullaby’.

No shade, don’t get me wrong! I love how she reworked those classics into modern pop songs. (I do wonder how she got away with it sometimes though, haha.)

36 minutes ago, ChristianDior said:

Never actually read the article, so I just did and it says that a critic claimed it had familiarities to Depeche Mode’s ‘Strangelove’. And I have to admit; the melody is very similar. Just like ‘Government Hooker’ and The Cure’s ‘Lullaby’.

No shade, don’t get me wrong! I love how she reworked those classics into modern pop songs. (I do wonder how she got away with it sometimes though, haha.)

She didn’t rework them, otherwise the artists you mentioned would’ve been officially credited. There aren’t an infinite amount of melodies in the world, things are going to sound similar. 

1 hour ago, ChristianDior said:

Dang, I listened to these 2 songs just now but I don't really hear the similarities. All I hear is Ja Rule "Life Ain't a Game!" lmao

Tinnitus15
5 hours ago, weed said:

her 3 AOTY noms 3 years in a row, her first 3 albums, was so iconic

And not winning a single one, was a true hate crime 

DITD is my all time favourite Gaga song, deserved to win something 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

gaga4lifer

dance in the dark is just a masterpiece

Ora et labora, Deus adest sine mora

Archived