💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Irene Cara has died at age 63

sara57

Featured Posts

Irene Cara, the singer best known for performing the title tracks to the classic 1980s films Fame and Flashdance, has died. She was 63.

Cara's publicist, Judith A. Moose, confirmed the news of her death in a statement shared on the singer's Twitter account early Saturday morning.

"It is with profound sadness that on behalf of her family I announce the passing of Irene Cara," Moose wrote. "The Academy Award-winning actress, singer, songwriter and producer passed away in her Florida home."

"Irene's family has requested privacy as they process their grief," the rep added. "She was a beautifully gifted soul whose legacy will live forever through her music and films."

Cara's cause of death is currently unknown, but it will be released when information is available, her rep said. Funeral services are currently pending and a memorial for Cara's fans will be planned at a future date, she added.

63 is rather young in today's day and age :( I feel like people die more in their mid to late 70s on average now. 

May she rest in peace. 

Oriane

What a feeling was my favorite song at some point.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

At the height of the pandemic where I live, with a full lockdown and curfew, dancing and singing to Fame night after night alone in my apartment brought me so much joy. If you have a few minutes, see with how much life and joy she dances herself, it's beautiful. 

Irene Cara, best known for singing the title songs to the films Fame and Flashdance, has died aged 63.

She co-wrote Flashdance … What a Feeling for Flashdance, for which she won an Oscar for best original song and two Grammy awards for original score for a motion picture and best female pop vocal performance.

Cara was nominated for an Oscar for best actress for Fame, and won gongs from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), including for her part in 1982 film Sister Sister.

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Archived