MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

USE CODE BLACKFRIDAY TO GET 20% OFF EVERYTHING
other

GGD Grammy Awards [SUBMISSIONS OPEN]

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche

ggd-grammys.png

We have almost reached the end of 2022 and to commemorate a year full of exciting music releases, it is time to hold the first edition of the GGD Grammy Awards! Participants will be able to decide which albums should be considered for each category, the final nominations, and eventually, the winners.

This thread was inspired by the ATRL Grammys, which are taking place now.

line.png

General Rules:

1. Only music released between October 1, 2021, and September 30, 2022, is eligible (just like in the real Grammys)

2. Any and all artists are eligible regardless of their popularity, as long as their release(s) fit into the time frame mentioned above 

3. Participants may choose to skip categories if they wish

4. Responses for each stage are final upon submission (no editing allowed)

5. Anyone can participate, and each participant can only participate once in each stage

6. All voting will be done through Google Forms

line.png

Stage 1: Submissions (Deadline: December 10)

In this first stage, participants are asked to submit the entries they see fit for each of the categories below. The chosen categories are in accordance with the official Grammys categories. Keep in mind the time frame of the releases while submitting. Also, I will disqualify submissions that do not fit the genres in which they are submitted (e.g. don't submit Break My Soul for Best Rock Song). 

>> CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT <<

skj8mxadhv

The categories we will be considering are the following (please open the spoiler):

Spoiler

General Field
Submit up to five entries in each subcategory (only the first 5 submissions will be considered in case a participant submits more)

Album of the Year
Record of the Year (awarded to the performer and production team)
Song of the Year (awarded to the songwriter and composer)
Best New Artist

Genre Fields
Submit up to three choices in each category (only the first 3 submissions will be considered in case a participant submits more)

Pop
Best Pop Solo Performance
Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
Best Pop Vocal Album

Dance/Electronic

Best Dance/Electronic Recording

Best Dance/Electronic Album

Rock
Best Rock Performance
Best Rock Song
Best Rock Album

Alternative

Best Alternative Music Album
Best Alternative Music Performance (song/track)

R&B
Best R&B Performance
Best R&B Song
Best R&B Album

Rap
Best Rap Performance
Best Melodic Rap Performance
Best Rap Song
Best Rap Album

Others
Producer of the Year

Songwriter of the Year

Best Music Video

Best Music Film

line.png

Stage 2: Nominations (Deadline: December 18)

In this second stage, participants will be provided with a list of the most frequent submissions for each category collected in the first stage. Participants will pick from this list which entries they want to see nominated. The nominations will be announced shortly after the deadline.

Participants may pick up to 10 submissions in the General Field categories and up to 5 submissions in the genre-specific categories.

LIST (also included in the Google Form):

Spoiler

line.png

Stage 3: Winners (TBA)

In this final stage, participants will select their winner in each category from the list of nominees. Each participant can only pick one winner in each category.

The winners will be announced during the official GGD Grammy Awards ceremony. The date of the ceremony will be communicated in due time.

line.png

For reference, you can check the official Grammy website which includes the current nominees and detailed descriptions of the categories: click here

And you can check the Wikipedia page for music releases and their dates: 

2021 (only albums released starting Oct. 1 are eligible): click here

2022 (only albums released before Sept. 30 (included) are eligible): click here

line.png

Participants

Edited by alsemanche
Soft, soothing, and succulent // FOSSORA IS HERE
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 7
  • Love 5
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alsemanche

• Teletubby

• Oriane

• RAMROD

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have almost reached the end of 2022 and to commemorate a year full of exciting music releases, it is time to hold the first edition of the GGD Grammy Awards! Participants will be able to decide whi

btw this album is eligible

Taglist (please ignore if you're not interested, I won't be tagging everyone again)  

alsemanche

Taglist (please ignore if you're not interested, I won't be tagging everyone again)

Spoiler

@alsemanche @AnnaNicoleSmith  @Cello @Ceres @Flippy @Franch Toast @Frank Potion @Healed My Heart @Ivy @JakubM316 @JaysAMess @Juanlittlem @Stevies Cockatoo @littlepotter @LovingIsACherryPie @Mother of Puppies @NicoB @Oriane @Ororo Munroe @PartySick @RAMROD @Rat Boy @River @Ronk @SamanthaC @SourCandySugarBomb @Sofianer @TheSine @Teletubby@old sanuk @Concertaholic @Rhiannon @Edonis @HIM820 @Not The Real Gaga @Borisapillar @Mr Ricky @monketsharona @Pop Music @Sirius @Reality @Schwerk @saltface @Why am I on GGD @Maryjanesdope @G U C C I @GregJA @PourItUpPourItUp @MikeyL @The Fame @brizoda @PeachJug @Burim, @candbaba69, @mamo @samaria, @Warhol Killer @thedirtymonster @Samma123 @Snorlax, @Economy @desnorteio @Nycboy @TEANUS @Teletubby @gaga 4foot7 @La Rosalia @Kimmo @Admin @TylerBR97 @Anderson123 @clarkmonstr @AnglerfishbraBENUS @Fernster7 @Sarah H @fraann @edgarz @jasperw @Citrom @Zamomin @NATAH @berlinforme @Dirty Diana @sarahb @itsdxnyul @Rivington St, @Neroneau @Shipper @LaLuna @Quasi @ignotus @Tomster4Life @Bolkins @PlayGaga @Ployd @Esteban @papergangster @Tonymel @aurahmed @Helloo @Gaga911chroma @Shav33l @Levine @RihBeyGa @Future Nostalgia @Meat @Gaga Lazuli @Early Version @Stupid Oreo @XxBones @Miky @chaseanything @BBhomemaker @Bruhndon @Tyler1992 @FATCAT @Dimitri @Chromatica @Marilyn MonHoe @ElectricChapelR @Bradley @Irrelevant @melon @Ronnie @Calveesi @Red @Benguan @MuglerHooker @fishinmyhair @cryingrainbow @LadyxGaGa @CannaeDrive @Taylor Swift @Mindblown @phantasmas @Corous @Sour Candy @bb3 @Healed My Heart @Blue wig @alsemanche @LoveGagaloo @ARTPOPulace @Sneaky Oliver @DoremonLove @AUARAOFSHEISSE @GAGASEXUAL @joemayzzin @xcx @XCX World @ristretto @JiWang2 @Nemanja @JamesonBaptism @iamamiwhoami @TasteofaFish @LunaUniverse @lady siwa @John Wayne @27monster27 @EvaSupernova @Urieyaki @darkgaga @high culture @theidlerwheel @D1SC0STICK @Plymouthgaga @Standing-o @AndrewGr @Patrickern777 @joannethenight @Mathieu44 @SlayMeToVenus @ARTPOPSTER @Godmatica @noahwamp @weed @qazplm123890 @Alexander @LastNight @CoolTrainerTerry @gypsygay @Garden Panty @Killerenigma @RichAssPiss @BabylonChristmas @nexus @Khepri @GrandeAvenue @Brizel @Amidana @Cereza @Ligufaca @JustTea @Rj Barker @RaraBitch @Aga Gydal @ARTBOP @Juanlittlem @Tinnitus15 @HomoWithFomo @mt1814 @Monstruous@Ororo Munroe @alsemanche @littlepotter @JaysAMess @Sofianer @Frank Potion @Cello @Mother of Puppies @JRCF29 @Franch Toast  @Flippy @Healed My Heart @Oriane @Ivy @LovingIsACherryPie @PartySick @Hola Soraya @NicoB @artdoll @COOOK @Teletubby @Juanlittlem @Stephen  @InTheCloset @RAMROD @Anveeroy @rumours @Kimmo @weed @Mikolaj @Rahrahbitchson @Rat Boy @Munchlax  @Pennywise @sexy @Dawson @Chesescake @Killa @Sachasuperstar @Xardas @Anglerfish @AnglerfishbraBENUS @RBNLM @GipJo @Gipsy @EdX @420 @Vojta @Blackout19

@Blackout19 @BLACKOUTbritney @DeluluSwine @Hey Boy @***** @Lippoutou @Joanne of Babylon @Zamomin @pachinko @berlinforme @Warhol Killer @TimotheeChalamet @BBhomemaker @Isma Monster @GoldenPonyboy @Railing @artd0me @uo111 @Maxine Puth @Comet @Bloody Judas @marktn

Edited by alsemanche
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

If bjork is not winning this grammy award is rigged:grr:

"There could be 99 toilets in a house, and it's my house" - River, 2021
  • YAAAS 3
alsemanche
Just now, River said:

If bjork is not winning this grammy award is rigged:grr:

Trust that I will make sure she gets nominated :grr: 

• YAAAS 2
1 minute ago, alsemanche said:

Trust that I will make sure she gets nominated :grr: 

If needed, disqualify Taylor

Smirk Evil Plan GIF by Pokémon

• LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1
alsemanche
3 minutes ago, River said:

If needed, disqualify Taylor

Smirk Evil Plan GIF by Pokémon

Midnights was released after Sept. 30 this year so it's not eligible :partysick:

• YAAAS 2
Teletubby

Will you rig it so Motomami wins Album of the Year??
 rosalia-chewing-gum-motomami-tour.gif

Reveals when?? Results when?? Do we have all submissions?? Do we have all votes?? Am I winning??
  • YAAAS 4
21 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Midnights was released after Sept. 30 this year so it's not eligible :partysick:

tumblr_inline_ojmxt69oqC1ra3px9_400.gifv

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
Teletubby

btw this album is eligible:lolly:
ab67616d0000b2730dc44030b5725fabfebe2a1c

Reveals when?? Results when?? Do we have all submissions?? Do we have all votes?? Am I winning??
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 3
alsemanche
2 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

btw this album is eligible:lolly:
ab67616d0000b2730dc44030b5725fabfebe2a1c

:ladyhaha: Can't wait to see it spammed in all the categories

7 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Will you rig it so Motomami wins Album of the Year??

I think it will make it without rigging 

• Thanks 1
Teletubby

@alsemanchedon't forget that Songwriter of the Year has to be credited on 5 songs only as songwriter and can't be credited as producer on performer on these tracks so Taylor or Adele are not eligible :lolly:

• Shook 1
alsemanche
2 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

@alsemanchedon't forget that Songwriter of the Year has to be credited on 5 songs only as songwriter and can't be credited as producer on performer on these tracks so Taylor or Adele are not eligible :lolly:

I was thinking if I should go that deep into the criteria :ladyhaha: I'll have to think about it (and anyway, no one has submitted those 2 yet :billie:)

alsemanche
16 minutes ago, NATAH said:

i'm too lazy to think of more than 1 for each category :cyanlights:

that's fine you can put one for each cat! 

a certain member called @River did the same :billie:

• LMAO 2
  • Shook 1