question

New Version of Stupid Love?

jared011

Featured Posts

Joshie S
9 hours ago, Noah said:

It's probably just Dolby Atmos 

This is the answer.

Whoever mixed the audio for Dolby Atmos WRECKED a lot of songs on Chromatica, which is why I've turned it off on my Apple Music.

There's quite a few lines where the vocal is turned completely down. It's not just noticeable on Stupid Love either..

Also for everyone being confused about the lyrics.. it's obviously hey yeah hey yeah :haroon:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

This is the answer.

Whoever mixed the audio for Dolby Atmos WRECKED a lot of songs on Chromatica, which is why I've turned it off on my Apple Music.

There's quite a few lines where the vocal is turned completely down. It's not just noticeable on Stupid Love either..

Also for everyone being confused about the lyrics.. it's obviously hey yeah hey yeah :haroon:

Same intro Replay. I can't hear Gaga's voice.

I'm not having fun tonight

Defmix100
5 hours ago, RihBeyGa said:

Why would she say “higher”?

it’s hey yeah hey yeah , although I hear more of a hey/oh mix.  Like she saying “oh” but adds an H at the beginning.   

she's forcing herself to sing it higher :ally:

or shouting it at the guys she's levitating in the music video

4 hours ago, Joshie S said:

This is the answer.

I’m so mad how butchered Chromatica is in Dolby Atmos.  I have no idea what the person who mixed it was thinking.

VOLANTIS
13 hours ago, deactivated001 said:

Not you encouraging someone to stop listening to the second worst song on Chromatica only to have them listen to the worst song on Chromatica instead 💀

:toofunny:This is giving homophobia :selena:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Joshie S
1 hour ago, Benji said:

I’m so mad how butchered Chromatica is in Dolby Atmos.  I have no idea what the person who mixed it was thinking.

The first version released was worse, they had some feedback saying it was horrible so they released a newer 2.0 version shortly after, and that's what we've ended up with. It's still bad!!!

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

6 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

The first version released was worse, they had some feedback saying it was horrible so they released a newer 2.0 version shortly after, and that's what we've ended up with. It's still bad!!!

I remember that first version literally having a tonne of vocals not even existing… I wish they would do a 3.0 :enigma:

They done a good job with most of ARTPOP and Born This Way.  The Fame Monster sounds a bit janky annoyingly but it’s not quite as criminal as poor Chromatica.

BloodyM
2 hours ago, Benji said:

I will always sing “higher, higher” because it sounds better :ally:

Same and it makes perfect sense in that context!! 

43 minutes ago, BloodyM said:

Same and it makes perfect sense in that context!! 

Honestly, I never batted an eye at hearing “higher” because of the concept of a “higher love” - it just made sense to me :whitney:

3 hours ago, Benji said:

I remember that first version literally having a tonne of vocals not even existing… I wish they would do a 3.0 :enigma:

They done a good job with most of ARTPOP and Born This Way.  The Fame Monster sounds a bit janky annoyingly but it’s not quite as criminal as poor Chromatica.

do we know who's responsible for the dolby atmos? is it somebody in gaga's camp or somebody on the label or somebody independent on behalf of the streaming services etc?

mother, what must i do?

Ladle Ghoulash
6 hours ago, VOLANTIS said:

:toofunny:This is giving homophobia :selena:

Gay rights is speaking truth to power.

1 hour ago, NATAH said:

do we know who's responsible for the dolby atmos? is it somebody in gaga's camp or somebody on the label or somebody independent on behalf of the streaming services etc?

From my understanding, it would be upto Gaga’s camp or the label to find a sound engineer/mixer to do it.  I generally get the idea that whoever was in charge of arranging it skimped on the budget and gave it to someone who didn’t understand Dolby Atmos.

Some artists have sat down with engineers and worked on their Dolby versions together to get the perfect sound.  I can imagine Gaga doing this if she heard exactly how bad some of her songs currently sound in Dolby :ladyhaha:

Archived