Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Congress to hold hearing on Ticketmaster problems

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

U.S. Senate antitrust panel will hold a hearing on the lack of competition in the ticketing industry after Ticketmaster's problems last week managing the sale of Taylor Swift tickets, Senator Amy Klobuchar, chair of the panel, said on Tuesday.

Senators Klobuchar and Mike Lee, the top Republican on the committee, did not provide a date for the hearing or a list of witnesses.

"The high fees, site disruptions and cancellations that customers experienced shows how Ticketmaster’s dominant market position means the company does not face any pressure to continually innovate and improve," Klobuchar said. "We will hold a hearing on how consolidation in the live entertainment and ticketing industry harms customers and artists alike."

source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

I swear there is more important things that to deal with but yeah let’s focus on people not getting tickets to see their favs in concert at a reasonable price…

Reminds me of PETA boycotting Starbucks because they charge extra for vegan creamer or something like that lol Just stop buying coffee at Starbucks…. And stop buy expensive tickets that will leave you without money… remember you’re the problem if you give in as well…

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488636f2d601cc5b46dcc7

Hottie Detector

DelusionalGaga

To everyone saying this is unimportant, this is not just about concert tickets. The US has massive problems with anti-competitive behavior and a lack of trade regulations (look at Facebook, Google, Amazon etc) Because the Ticketmaster fiasco is such a hot topic, it's the perfect opportunity to push forward some antitrust regulations. Obviously there are always more pressing issues, but using that logic we would never get anything done. 

StarstruckIllusion
1 minute ago, DelusionalGaga said:

To everyone saying this is unimportant, this is not just about concert tickets. The US has massive problems with anti-competitive behavior and a lack of trade regulations (look at Facebook, Google, Amazon etc) Because the Ticketmaster fiasco is such a hot topic, it's the perfect opportunity to push forward some antitrust regulations. Obviously there are always more pressing issues, but using that logic we would never get anything done. 

This. I think it’s sad it took abortion restrictions and election denialism for people to finally realize Reps will always be worse at governing even when Dems tank, but I’m glad we’re, somehow, finally here. Ticketmaster being made an example of is a good thing for everyone 

Thomas P

People need to realize that this isn't about the ticket fiasco with Taylor, this is a greater issue of the US holding what has become a concert industry monopoly accountable. This is a good example to be sent to other massive companies who have nearly eliminated competition in smaller forms. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

RudraCNG

People really have the power to stop this. Just stop buying overprized tickets. But ofc in this case most of the tickets were bought by overexcited teenagers whose parents paid for them and do not have to worry for the money.

This is a very important matter and I don’t care what anyone else says. People just want to go to a Taylor or Gaga concert with for a reasonable price. 

Archived