💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

TCBT wasn't that great to me

JoanneMonster

Featured Posts

RodeckDanny

Everyone that has attended the show and thinks it's her best tour, have you been to other tours?

It was my 4th tour and I don't understand how it could be her best tour. In terms of props it was sooo poorrrrr

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tomsches

I haven’t seen any Gaga tour yet unfortunately, but I’m just here to say that people need to stop thinking that every tour needs to have a story or a crazy concept. Literally 90% of all tours in the world are just the band or the artist singing the songs of their latest album, with maybe the lighting and outfits matching the vibe of the album. That doesn’t make them bad tours. People go to concerts to see their favorites perform the songs live after all. 

JoanneMonster
8 hours ago, tomsches said:

I haven’t seen any Gaga tour yet unfortunately, but I’m just here to say that people need to stop thinking that every tour needs to have a story or a crazy concept. Literally 90% of all tours in the world are just the band or the artist singing the songs of their latest album, with maybe the lighting and outfits matching the vibe of the album. That doesn’t make them bad tours. People go to concerts to see their favorites perform the songs live after all. 

TCBT is not a bad tour, but we can't compare Gaga to regular touring artists because she is much better than that. I've been to most of her tours and this one just felt a bit boring compared to the others, there weren't really any highlights or iconic moments.

I See You

It felt manufactured and quickly churned out. Old songs, old choreos, old concepts recycled. This might work for other artists but it doesn't for her, because the verve of her original performances came from her commitment to the fantasy she was creating. Recycling these robotically feels like a knockoff. 

I struggled with the structure as well which felt disjointed and killed the flow. The 'acts' were unnecessary to me. Either commit to a concept or don't do one at all. 

I went to the first London show and the sound was off. The music didn't feel 'live', she just sang over the studio versions of the songs, and the beats didn't hit hard. It was all just a bit quiet...

Perhaps it was the stadium setting that forced her to act more impersonal than usual? I don't think the show was built as 'a stadium tour' though, it gave me theatre vibes ala madame X tour. For me, it would have landed better in that type of venue.

pachinko
9 hours ago, RodeckDanny said:

Everyone that has attended the show and thinks it's her best tour, have you been to other tours?

It was my 4th tour and I don't understand how it could be her best tour. In terms of props it was sooo poorrrrr

You obviously were not in the pit. 

Ladle Ghoulash
10 hours ago, RodeckDanny said:

Having seen: TMB x2, her performance at the ARTPOP album release party, the Roseland ballroom residency, the ArtRave tour, the JWT, and the CBT...the CBT is only second to TMB.

On 11/23/2022 at 8:55 AM, pachinko said:

It’s literally her best tour. It eats all her other tours up.

I’ve attended every Gaga tour and I would like to know why you think it’s her best because it’s most definitely not. Was it a bad concert absolutely not but lazy and seemed like it was thrown together in a few weeks and kinda like she didn’t want to do it yes 100% and for me that’s not the Gaga I know. I just hope she’s doing okay because it seems like she’s losing her creative spark and making everything about ads and stuff lately.

JgHaus78

I saw her in Atlanta for TCBT and the artRAVE, both completely different shows and vibes. TCBT would have been perfect if the stage was more of an open space and not an open faced box. The minimalism paired nicely with her showmanship. The artRAVE was fun because so much was going on at once and props galore. Also, there was no bad spot at the artRAVE unlike TCBT where the only good spots were the pit and anything straight ahead of the stage. I didn’t see anything going on inside the stage unless they showed it on the screens briefly and that was really shitty. 

Tony31511

I saw TCB in Houston and I loved it. But is it her best tour she’s ever done? In my opinion, it’s not.

What I loved about the show was her top notch singing, dancing and interludes (some of her best). Working with Nick Knight again was one of the best things she could have done. The outfits were also really great and so was the tree piano. Overall, I had an amazing time and I can’t wait to see her again.

At the same time, it felt sort of generic. I guess I was expecting so much… considering this would be her first all stadium tour. The stage was very basic, there weren’t many props, no storyline, she didn’t interact with the audience that much (and when she did she said the exact same thing at every show), and it felt like she just sang song after song without connecting them properly. I don’t know… I think I’m just comparing to her past tours where she REALLY set the bar high.

But in a way I like how there was a clear focus on her talent without any distractions. She is a performer known for singing live, dancing and playing the piano. We got all of that at the Chromatica Ball and it was so enjoyable to watch.

Sepsami

Its not like she danced through the crowd or anything :partysick: o wait she did :tony: the show was perfect, I dont see what the problem is honestly. The setlist was perfect apart from Applause missing and maybe another fan fav like Monster. The encore ending with HMH was beyond epic and emotional, the Intro was godlike as well as all the interludes making a new Act start just like the album. Costumes were great, fire being sprayed all over. Big piano segment in the middle of the stadium. Sorry but you're wrong :trollga:

On 11/23/2022 at 10:55 AM, pachinko said:

It’s literally her best tour. It eats all her other tours up.

I think TMB takes that crown tbh. The “Gaga” energy we know and love was basically coined there and the tour was like her victory lap of success up until that point. Plus the songs hit after hit after hit. Chromatica def ranks, though!

21 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

Its not like she danced through the crowd or anything :partysick: o wait she did :tony: the show was perfect, I dont see what the problem is honestly. The setlist was perfect apart from Applause missing and maybe another fan fav like Monster. The encore ending with HMH was beyond epic and emotional, the Intro was godlike as well as all the interludes making a new Act start just like the album. Costumes were great, fire being sprayed all over. Big piano segment in the middle of the stadium. Sorry but you're wrong :trollga:

She performed monster :) 

Blackout19

I still can't believe how boring was Rain On Me and Free Woman performances :bradley:

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

Archived