💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

TCBT wasn't that great to me

JoanneMonster

Featured Posts

misha4ever

as a very recent new fan i have been watching a few of her past tours and shows, and the one i love the most is coachella 2017! yes, is not a tour, but as a one time show it's amazing, so re-watchable.

TCBT was when i became a fan, i love the visuals, the colors, i love how it made some songs i didn't care from the album my favorites now (alice, fun tonight, enigma). i love the dances, the dancers, the clothes.

what would i changed to make it better? maybe more dancers or they could spread out better because there were times when they were dancing on one of the catwalks(?) and the other one was always empty.

also she likes to interact/talk a lot between songs and that's nice but if she has done this the shows would have been 3 hours long BUT why not changing wigs like in other tours? that would have been cool.

the concept of the entire show and visuals were interesting and different. for comparison, the amount of props used in coachella were perfect, a few things but enough to make old songs feel different so maybe a few props on TCBT would have been super cool, but it didn't make the tour less enjoyable for me.

english is not my native language >.<

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monstermilo

her vocals and dancing are the strongest during tcb 

at all her other tours including the monster ball, her dancing was inconsistent 

at first i didnt like the stage but looking back i think it was effective 

the one thing i would change is the lighting, looking at the weeknds and blackpinks lightning, i think tcb could had way better lighting lol 

also tcb is better cuz it proves she can fill stadiums and it has hits from every era (except ARTPOP, she shouldve included applause)

metalguru

My stadium went ballistic from the first minute she appeared on the stage. She was electric, dominant and beyond. 

rasclautmangos

I had a blast at the show and thought it was great. The staging sucked big time though. There were some very expensive seats with AWFUL views. I suppose that's to be expected at a stadium concert though.

Sorcerer

TCB is her best and most polished tour. It's her most critically acclaimed tour for a reason. Gaga had great vocals and dancing. She never seemed like she was exhausted and just trying to finish a show like in Monster Ball and there were no long blackouts between segments like in BTWB. The stage isn't elaborate and there were very few props, but Gaga carried an entire stadium on her own showmanship (see Enigma performance).

Sugar Baby

I get your point

the stage was literally the same the entire show just different lighting and colors for each song

and most of the outfits and the wig didn’t feel Chromatica tbh 

Omar Vela

Seems that everyone who liked tha Artrave (her worst tour to date) hated TCBT... I think it's a matter of taste

warhol killer

The only thing I disliked with the tour was the lack of dates (which was reasonable) and the unnecessary side catwalks. It would have been better if it was one catwalk on the middle because other than going from one side of the stadium to the other. It doesn't really serve any other purpose and is kind of a wasted space.

Also, I think the huge screens on the side would have been better if it was angled a little to the viewers on the side, so that it would feel more inclusive to those on the higher seats on the sides.

I think it's her best tour in terms of interludes, visuals, and outfits. I believe it is the vision of Chromatica or her mind that has no colors, which is why it is in its brutal state.

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

candydarling

ppl will defend anything chromatica related because it's her return to dance music and they want to keep her there

Head Empty
4 hours ago, Omar Vela said:

Seems that everyone who liked tha Artrave (her worst tour to date) hated TCBT... I think it's a matter of taste

They're my two favorite tours :billie:. And I attended all of Gaga's tours since Born This Way Ball.

2 hours ago, candydarling said:

ppl will defend anything chromatica related because it's her return to dance music and they want to keep her there

or maybe we're just gaga stans :samanthac:

mother, what must i do?

pachinko
9 hours ago, Sorcerer said:

TCB is her best and most polished tour. It's her most critically acclaimed tour for a reason. Gaga had great vocals and dancing. She never seemed like she was exhausted and just trying to finish a show like in Monster Ball and there were no long blackouts between segments like in BTWB. The stage isn't elaborate and there were very few props, but Gaga carried an entire stadium on her own showmanship (see Enigma performance).

This. This. This. 

SevenAteNine

The tour wasnt as crazy as her others but you need to realize that this is the way she has to perform so she can be without pain. 

Do you want her to go back to that horrible painful dark place she use to be in? i dont. I am glad tcbt was not as crazy as before. I perfer happy healthy calmish gaga over depressed, chronically hurting, "crazy" gaga.

RIP 9.

Luke78619

I happen to agree, whilst I had a blast and absolutely loved the show, it lacked a flow to me. It really felt like song-song-song-interlude-song-song-interlude etc., and not so much of a story, or even interaction with the audience between songs, until the piano part 

however, I think it has my favourite close of a tour, I adored hearing HMH live, gave me chills :nick:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Archived