💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

TCBT wasn't that great to me

JoanneMonster

Featured Posts

JoanneMonster

First of all, don't come for me please, I'm just trying to express my opinion.

The Chromatica Ball wasn't by any means a BAD show, it was great. It had great costumes, great dancing and great singing... but that's about it for me. I don't think TCB brought anything new to the table, while all her other tours did:

- TMBT : Great story, different stage sets, a whole aura of magic...

- BTWB : Her most impressive stage, story, artistry...

- ArtRave: Those transparent catwalks, the crazyness, the creativity...

- JWT: Not the biggest fan of this tour, but the stage was great and very creative.

I just think TCBT lacked originality, the stage was extremely simple, the story was too vague, and it felt like it was song after song after song, with no connection between them. I could see any other singer doing something like TCBT, but I could see no one other than Gaga doing the ArtRave. What really made Gaga's tours so special to me was the interaction with the fans, and that was lacking during TCBT and JWT.

Don't get me wrong, I still went to the TCBT and had a great time, because Gaga is great and I don't think its a bad show at all. But I don't get how everyone is raving about it when, to me, it doesn't come close to any of her past tours.

I See You

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
D1SC0STICK

I really get your point. Kinda had the same feeling.

Especially for a stadium tour, I was thinking: damn, props, fireworks, crazyGa, but it was barely that. I think the general public (like some friends of mine) who went to TCBT was like: well, is this it? She's just singing and dancing.

Don't get me wrong, but after an amazing story, fireworkb**bs, a monster, a crazy castle, a driving motorcycle and all of those crazy stuff in the past, the bar is high.

Like the visuals though, for example on 911.

But other than it's THE Gaga who is so incredibly talented, it was just a set of songs being performed without that crazy vibe to it, in my opinion.

(are people coming after me now?) :stalkga:

Find your freedom in the music.

Blackout19

I never liked the tour, from the beginning. I had big expectetions, because Chromatica is my favorite album from her, but the tour was.. :bear:

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

JoanneMonster
3 minutes ago, pachinko said:

It’s literally her best tour. It eats all her other tours up.

how?

I See You

asfittingasmcqueen

The thing that makes the Chromatica Ball Tour special is that everything was up for interpretation. Gaga herself has said multiple times that Chromatica is a mental state, a world within her imagination, which is why most of the songs talk about trauma.

Story telling wasn't as explicit as her previous tours, but you can't look at the interludes and deny that there's clear messages everywhere. It's all about the details, which in my opinion is a much more mature way to express her ideas

Moonlight on Water

no ma'am... TCB was THAT bitch. It was the highlight of this year. The flames, the tears, the naked people, the community, MONSTER!!!!, HOLD MY HAND!!!, THAT REPLAY CHOREO

it was amazing :fatcat: I want to live in chromatica. I can't wait to see her again. I NEED to see her again

she/her

JoanneMonster
2 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Did you actually attend the show live in person?  

yes!

I See You

JoanneMonster
2 minutes ago, gagaliens said:

The thing that makes the Chromatica Ball Tour special is that everything was up for interpretation. Gaga herself has said multiple times that Chromatica is a mental state, a world within her imagination, which is why most of the songs talk about trauma.

Story telling wasn't as explicit as her previous tours, but you can't look at the interludes and deny that there's clear messages everywhere. It's all about the details, which in my opinion is a much more mature way to express her ideas

I'm not saying there isn't a message or a story. But the whole concept of the tour was too simple for me, it was a plain stage with people dancing, nothing happened other than that.

I See You

JoanneMonster
3 minutes ago, Stevies Cockatoo said:

no ma'am... TCB was THAT bitch. It was the highlight of this year. The flames, the tears, the naked people, the community, MONSTER!!!!, HOLD MY HAND!!!, THAT REPLAY CHOREO

it was amazing :fatcat: I want to live in chromatica. I can't wait to see her again. I NEED to see her again

I think it was great! def one of the highlights of this year, but far from being as good as her other tours.

I See You

Archived