Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

Russia may cut gas supply to Moldova fully, claiming Ukraine consumes part of it

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

Economy

I wonder how many sad reacts there will be from the same ppl who wanted 0 purchases of Russian gas anyway and for everyone to go cold Turkey on it to not fund Putin's war... Well the end result is the same whether u go cold Turkey on it or Russia goes cold Turkey on u when they shut off the valve

Anyway, of course they'd wait until mid November when everybody is gonna freeze. As it Russia wouldn't already know Ukraine consumes part of it (assuming it's actually the case cuz I don't know anything about those flows)

Dennis
1 hour ago, Economy said:

I wonder how many sad reacts there will be from the same ppl who wanted 0 purchases of Russian gas anyway and for everyone to go cold Turkey on it to not fund Putin's war... Well the end result is the same whether u go cold Turkey on it or Russia goes cold Turkey on u when they shut off the valve

Anyway, of course they'd wait until mid November when everybody is gonna freeze. As it Russia wouldn't already know Ukraine consumes part of it (assuming it's actually the case cuz I don't know anything about those flows)

I'm not sure I understand what you're arguing here. Russia is clearly not someone you can deal with in good faith. Why it's so hard for people to understand this?

They literally made up a bullshit excuse to cut supply to Moldova for example, and they would've done the same to any country that continued to rely on their energy.

So people who wanted to decouple from russian gas in the summer were RIGHT for this exact reason. Because they knew that in the middle of winter Russia would pull these moves and it'll be too late for you to do anything about it. Better to decouple in the summer on your own will and sign contracts with alternative sources like Germany did, rather than keep the faith in Putin, wait until winter and be surprised when he makes up a bullshit reason to not honor his contractual obligations anyway.

Why continue to rely on a source you know is unreliable.

Now obviously countries like Moldova who aren't even in the EU don't have the same capacity to find replacements. But I don't think people were criticizing Moldova back then. People were criticizing the EU. And thanks to that criticism, the EU will now be safer energy wise this winter, because they made plans with other countries.

Edited by Dennis
  • Like 1
Economy
10 hours ago, Dennis said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're arguing here. Russia is clearly not someone you can deal with in good faith. Why it's so hard for people to understand this?

They literally made up a bullshit excuse to cut supply to Moldova for example, and they would've done the same to any country that continued to rely on their energy.

So people who wanted to decouple from russian gas in the summer were RIGHT for this exact reason. Because they knew that in the middle of winter Russia would pull these moves and it'll be too late for you to do anything about it. Better to decouple in the summer on your own will and sign contracts with alternative sources like Germany did, rather than keep the faith in Putin, wait until winter and be surprised when he makes up a bullshit reason to not honor his contractual obligations anyway.

Why continue to rely on a source you know is unreliable.

Now obviously countries like Moldova who aren't even in the EU don't have the same capacity to find replacements. But I don't think people were criticizing Moldova back then. People were criticizing the EU. And thanks to that criticism, the EU will now be safer energy wise this winter, because they made plans with other countries.

Yeah I agree they aren't reliable

I just mean ppl wanted a full cut off of Russian Gas to not fund their war. So what Countries didn't do voluntarily Russia did

The end result is the same. The only difference is that it's malicious on their part

• Thanks 1