💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Major changes to voting for Eurovision 2023

Magneto

Featured Posts

Magneto

Major changes to the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 voting system have been announced by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU):

- Viewer votes will decide countries qualifying from Semi-Finals 

- Viewers in non-participating countries will be able to vote online

- Jury votes will be combined with votes from the global audience to decide final result

https://eurovision.tv/story/voting-changes-announced-eurovision-song-contest-2023

Free my mind

• Magneto changed the title to Major changes to voting for Eurovision 2023
54 minutes ago, Magneto said:

- Viewers in non-participating countries will be able to vote online

this is going to be a mess

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Juanlittlem
41 minutes ago, River said:

this is going to be a mess

Apparently it isnt that bad. They'll vote online but they still have to pay + they'll only add those votes as 1 country, meaning it'd be just 12 more points (and 10,8,7 etc...)

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

4 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Apparently it isnt that bad. They'll vote online but they still have to pay + they'll only add those votes as 1 country, meaning it'd be just 12 more points (and 10,8,7 etc...)

I can f-ck the results at the end, like Europe wanted X singer to win because the song is loved by the majority of the people, but nah, the gays in the US decided that X singer should win, so they flood the votes and make them win :neyde:

Juanlittlem
1 hour ago, River said:

I can f-ck the results at the end, like Europe wanted X singer to win because the song is loved by the majority of the people, but nah, the gays in the US decided that X singer should win, so they flood the votes and make them win :neyde:

It wont work like that! Even if the US voted 1 million times for Norway they would only get 12 points. And they'll count every non participant country vote to give those 12 points. 

So if every non participant country votes for Italy for example and they get 1.000.001 votes for them, Italy would get the 12 points and Norway 10.

1 minute ago, Juanlittlem said:

It wont work like that! Even if the US voted 1 million times for Norway they would only get 12 points. And they'll count every non participant country vote to give those 12 points. 

So if every non participant country votes for Italy for example and they get 1.000.001 votes for them, Italy would get the 12 points and Norway 10.

ooh ok ok now i understand, so yeah it's not so bad lol

Juanlittlem
18 minutes ago, River said:

ooh ok ok now i understand, so yeah it's not so bad lol

Yeah it wont be that bad.

Anyways, vote for spain you gays.

espanita-dragonite.gif

StrawberryBlond

By "non-participating countries" and "global votes," does it mean countries outside Europe? Because I just thought it meant Euro countries that didn't make it to the final but the word global suggests we're talking worldwide. It seems nonsensical to have a European contest for Europeans by Europeans but any country can vote for it. I know Eurovision is international and they want to widen its appeal further but then it's just...an international singing contest? Albeit one that only features European nations? Just make a show that's international from the start instead of messing with the formula of an existing continent-specific one, basically.

Magneto
14 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

By "non-participating countries" and "global votes," does it mean countries outside Europe? Because I just thought it meant Euro countries that didn't make it to the final but the word global suggests we're talking worldwide. It seems nonsensical to have a European contest for Europeans by Europeans but any country can vote for it. I know Eurovision is international and they want to widen its appeal further but then it's just...an international singing contest? Albeit one that only features European nations? Just make a show that's international from the start instead of messing with the formula of an existing continent-specific one, basically.

To be fair they've always changed the format and added countries, including non European ones

Free my mind

Juanlittlem
28 minutes ago, YCHofficial said:

Just like Cleopatra

Lets start a fire. LETS GO.

That is rubbish. “Global audience” voting for a European competition. You will have countries with large populations with ties with a particular participating country. This will make smaller countries like Malta, Cyprus, etc have even fewer chances of winning. 

Juanlittlem
3 minutes ago, Aussie said:

That is rubbish. “Global audience” voting for a European competition. You will have countries with large populations with ties with a particular participating country. This will make smaller countries like Malta, Cyprus, etc have even fewer chances of winning. 

As we've already said they're only giving points as a country, so its only 12 more points.

Archived