💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Alice at TCB didn't work?

Linus Gaga

Featured Posts

Jeroen Bloeming

It sounded pretty good to me. But the platform didn't rise in Arnhem so that was a bit lackluster. I loved the guitar sound after the first drop

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starmie25
7 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

My thoughts exactly as I attended it. Lighting in general for most songs was a lot more tame than it should have been

The strobe lighting comes in just after the bridge, along with the dancers arriving.

stevana229

its an electronic pop song that was played with a live band... she should have used WAY, WAY, WAY more backing track. especially during the chorus. the song sounds so flat live 

22 hours ago, Stephen said:

All of you are correct! It's an unpopular opinion (that I've been roasted for in the past) but a good handful of Gaga's songs would sound better live if she just played the track instead of forcing rock/band drums etc. But the band sounds great for most of the show so :shrug:

Oh I’ve had this thought since TMB hahaha it’s ok I put it aside bc it’s still a good show but yeah it’s part of why songs like bad romance and scheiße are better in clubs. They’re literally designed for clubs not stadiums lol 

On 11/22/2022 at 3:09 PM, zerojk said:

Tbh i never noticed anything wrong with it until I just read it here, i saw it live and it was amazing

This, live it was perfect.

Performances from a tour are going to look sh*t through someone’s phone.  The crowd was hyped, the song was great live.

I don’t know what fans expect.  If any performer done crazy 110% effort, dancing and effects for every song then the whole performance would be a 10 minute slot at the Super Bowl but a tour is an hour and half performance taking place multiple times a week

On 11/22/2022 at 7:59 PM, Notthebling said:

I remember being FRONT ROW and thinking to myself 

1 - why is the song so quiet? I can hear my own voice and my screams more than the track itself

2 - why is no once dancing?! Its my favorite song on Chromatica and I think it hits so hard but for some reason, people around me are not jammimg

so yes, something def didnt work with that song during the concert

Sound isn’t mixed for the front row of the pit, she has a full STADIUM to fill with sound.  Plus, she just performed three of her biggest hits
 a crowd needs highs and lows.  Not that Alice was a low but controlling a crowd and a whole tour performance is different than a short little performance of one single song.

Notthebling
3 hours ago, Benji said:

Sound isn’t mixed for the front row of the pit, she has a full STADIUM to fill with sound.  Plus, she just performed three of her biggest hits
 a crowd needs highs and lows.  Not that Alice was a low but controlling a crowd and a whole tour performance is different than a short little performance of one single song.

Im a sound engineer myself, I didn’t notice anything wrong with the first songs (Bad Romance, PF and JD) even with the Brain interlude it sounded rich and fully mixed.

there really was a line of instrument missing in Alice, an extra synth / guitar to make it sound more full and less like the album version could have helped. 

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

10 hours ago, Notthebling said:

Im a sound engineer myself, I didn’t notice anything wrong with the first songs (Bad Romance, PF and JD) even with the Brain interlude it sounded rich and fully mixed.

there really was a line of instrument missing in Alice, an extra synth / guitar to make it sound more full and less like the album version could have helped. 

Sounded perfectly fine at my show, if it was that bad at your show then it must’ve been a one off, sorry to hear!

r4therupbeat

I was at the London show and Alice was great. I guess if you are used to know what to expect with gaga on tour which is always with a live band for the instrumental of each song:yennefer:

Archived