💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Alice at TCB didn't work?

Linus Gaga

Featured Posts

Linus Gaga

As some of us mentioned about the bassline (?) , or what else was lack of in the live version?

I think the same thing happened to Enigma, especially during beautiful dirty rich,, the chrous is like only light drum and cannot even hear the music ? but I cannot judge as I'm only watching from YouTube videos. 

I wonder if anyone went to Enigma and TCB in person, is the bass really that bad during these songs?

Hit me a message and say hi !

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not me thinking the entire TBC was perfect :stalkga:

Always & Forever, 🧚🏻‍♂️🦉CHARMZ🦉🧚🏻‍♂️

skedaddleBItCh

At first I thought that it was because of the non-choreo that some were disappointed:sweat: Then I saw someone comment that the sound for Alice was also too quiet. I didn't go to TCB but for me I wasn't exactly a fan of the band arrangement when I first watched it (the guitar wasn't just doing it for me).

But seeing more videos and hearing the Tokyo Soundboard made me change my mind:tony: The stage looked GORGEOUS during the Chromatica I + Alice performance.

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

pinknailsemoji

I think it's because it's not a song that sounds good with a live band. It's an electronic house beat which can't be easily replicated with live drives and keyboards. I respect that gaga always uses a live band but it feel sonically short during Alice and 911, imo.

no king, or court!

Prostitute Barbie

It’s just a hard song to do live. I thought the vocals sounded weird. (Still lived for it though :lolly: )

Joshie S

I think it worked. 

Is anyone going to talk about the choreography being strikingly similar to her performance at Swinefest when she performed ARTPOP for the first time? Her hands up in the air moving from side to side..

I know Chromatica is about Gaga's trauma, and ARTPOP does play into that a lot in my opinion.. 

from 2:40

from 1:55

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

ChavaWM

I agree

The whole time I was waiting for the bass to drop and then the song was over lol

I couldn't even quite hear her vocals until the piano section

The Fame Monster

I saw Gaga live in Stockholm and I was really looking forward to Alice but was surprised that the background of the song didn't quite stood out as much as I was expecting. Gaga's vocals were great though. It's a such a danceable song but no one around me was dancing... :eww: So something was definitely missing from the live version.

Find your freedom in the music

Monstermilo

studio its one of my faves

i think choreo and a remix wouldve made it stand out 

it was my least fave performance at tcb..... it was just so boring lol 

i dont get the contraption shes laying on either, it looks cheap and doesnt serve a purpose. 

pinknailsemoji
1 hour ago, pinknailsemoji said:

I think it's because it's not a song that sounds good with a live band. It's an electronic house beat which can't be easily replicated with live drives and keyboards. I respect that gaga always uses a live band but it feel sonically short during Alice and 911, imo.

edit: drums not drives lol and FELL not feel :laughga:

no king, or court!

The problem seems to just be the mixing. In the OG, the beat is about in line with her vocals and on tour it’s waaayyy back there. So it sounds more boring bc your ear is following her singing rather than the beat of the song and sonically Alice is super repetitive.

clear album standout, but it’s the limitation of bringing house music to a stadium tour. House is called that for a reason. It’s not really meant to be best enjoyed anywhere but tight, indoor spaces like houses or clubs. A lot of chromatica eschews house so the rest of it sounds awesome but Alice is *very house and deep house sound at that. Neither translate super well unlike, say Enigma which I think can be adapted

Archived