1. She did the bare minimum for that song 

2. It's a hard song for her to sing 

3. Live band cannot replicate songs like alice 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StressedOut

I still liked it in end

But I agree it didn't hit as hard, part of it was definitely the fact that there was no overt choreo. And yeah I agree with the bass sentiments. 911 has a more militant beat that transitioned well with the band. I wouldn't have been upset if they had just played the track for it tbh. But still fun performance.

Linus Gaga
1 hour ago, TylerBR97 said:

For me, I was super disappointed with Alice. I wish that the bass was heavier and that the last beat drop had some big visual element to accompany it. It built up and went nowhere, then the song was done. Fortunately Replay was right after it to bring the adrenaline up again

Alice definitely goes better with more crazy lightings with the build ups and drops, but it was just red from start to finish i think, not even strobe lights.

Hit me a message and say hi !

Emigrante

From what I’m hearing from the videos it sounds great buuuut I also quite don’t get the idea of heavily electronic-influenced album being played live of accompaniment of so much guitars. Same goes for artrave which I personally attended twice. Was a great show but still, Gaga could sometimes let go of her band for some parts of the tours.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

pachinko

Alice did work. You are just seeing performance videos without the background video screen that make this performance epic. 

AnglerfishbraBENUS

i think it was perfect? not sure what you were expecting 

for 1 - her vocals in the song are basically all in head voice which is hard to project

and 2 - it’s an electronic song mixed for the dance floor so it’s not going to sound like you’re listening to it wearing headphones ina quiet room

Lextyr97
37 minutes ago, Linus Gaga said:

Alice definitely goes better with more crazy lightings with the build ups and drops, but it was just red from start to finish i think, not even strobe lights.

My thoughts exactly as I attended it. Lighting in general for most songs was a lot more tame than it should have been

skedaddleBItCh
1 hour ago, TylerBR97 said:

My thoughts exactly as I attended it. Lighting in general for most songs was a lot more tame than it should have been

Well TCB is more theatrical than a "rave party" one

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

Lextyr97
4 minutes ago, skedaddleBItCh said:

Well TCB is more theatrical than a "rave party" one

That’s not an excuse for lackluster lighting

Notthebling

I remember being FRONT ROW and thinking to myself 

1 - why is the song so quiet? I can hear my own voice and my screams more than the track itself

2 - why is no once dancing?! Its my favorite song on Chromatica and I think it hits so hard but for some reason, people around me are not jammimg

so yes, something def didnt work with that song during the concert

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

Stephen
15 hours ago, pinknailsemoji said:

I think it's because it's not a song that sounds good with a live band. It's an electronic house beat which can't be easily replicated with live drives and keyboards. I respect that gaga always uses a live band but it feel sonically short during Alice and 911, imo.

14 hours ago, Ziggy said:

The problem seems to just be the mixing. In the OG, the beat is about in line with her vocals and on tour it’s waaayyy back there. So it sounds more boring bc your ear is following her singing rather than the beat of the song and sonically Alice is super repetitive.

clear album standout, but it’s the limitation of bringing house music to a stadium tour. House is called that for a reason. It’s not really meant to be best enjoyed anywhere but tight, indoor spaces like houses or clubs. A lot of chromatica eschews house so the rest of it sounds awesome but Alice is *very house and deep house sound at that. Neither translate super well unlike, say Enigma which I think can be adapted

10 hours ago, Bowman said:

They should have kept Alice as the studio instrumental version, I agree with some of the comments here. Alice is a thumping House song so it sounded different playing with these live instruments, everything was too quiet.

i feel like this has happened a lot with Gaga’s songs live, apart from Government Hooker which sounded AMAZING at the BTWB

3 hours ago, The Powerpuff Girl said:

From what I’m hearing from the videos it sounds great buuuut I also quite don’t get the idea of heavily electronic-influenced album being played live of accompaniment of so much guitars. Same goes for artrave which I personally attended twice. Was a great show but still, Gaga could sometimes let go of her band for some parts of the tours.

All of you are correct! It's an unpopular opinion (that I've been roasted for in the past) but a good handful of Gaga's songs would sound better live if she just played the track instead of forcing rock/band drums etc. But the band sounds great for most of the show so :shrug:

Ladle Ghoulash
44 minutes ago, Stephen said:

All of you are correct! It's an unpopular opinion (that I've been roasted for in the past) but a good handful of Gaga's songs would sound better live if she just played the track instead of forcing rock/band drums etc. But the band sounds great for most of the show so :shrug:

Imo her songs pretty much always sound better with a live band. 

Excuse me? Alice was a highlight for me. Sounded great live and didn't care at all about the lack of dance. I am sure 90% of the people who didn't enjoy it saw the performance in Youtube :queenga:

Archived