Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Alice at TCB didn't work?

Linus Gaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a dance bop. She wasn't dancing during the song so the people didn't as well. The sound was okay during my show in London. 

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

Paris version still remains superior. Those growls 🥵

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

TimotheeChalamet
3 hours ago, Linus Gaga said:

but I cannot judge as I'm only watching from YouTube videos. 

They should have kept Alice as the studio instrumental version, I agree with some of the comments here. Alice is a thumping House song so it sounded different playing with these live instruments, everything was too quiet.

i feel like this has happened a lot with Gaga’s songs live, apart from Government Hooker which sounded AMAZING at the BTWB

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Catnikko
6 hours ago, pinknailsemoji said:

I think it's because it's not a song that sounds good with a live band. It's an electronic house beat which can't be easily replicated with live drives and keyboards. I respect that gaga always uses a live band but it feel sonically short during Alice and 911, imo.

this 100%

House music just isn't made with a live kick drum so it just doesn't sound the same a huge bassy synthetic one

it's why i usually hate when house/d&b acts perform with a live band

Actual patient

My thoughts are exactly the same.

BUT, I can’t help but wonder. If Alice didn’t hit the same, as a house song performed with a live band, how come Replay totally did?

I’ve been trying to figure it out. I’m comparing the audible production aspects of the song only. No choreo or stage design considered. 

Linus Gaga
4 minutes ago, SS77 said:

My thoughts are exactly the same.

BUT, I can’t help but wonder. If Alice didn’t hit the same, as a house song performed with a live band, how come Replay totally did?

I’ve been trying to figure it out. I’m comparing the audible production aspects of the song only. No choreo or stage design considered. 

maybe becuz replay is kinda works as a rock/metal song as well?

Hit me a message and say hi !

Starmie25
10 minutes ago, SS77 said:

how come Replay totally did?

because..

"PUT YOUR ****ING HANDS UP REPLAY!!!" 

InTheCloset

I honestly fell in love with Alice after TCB's first show. The way she performed it. The dance, the being stuck in 'my mind', the hand movements. I still havent been able to get it out of my head 

The abyss stares back

Poltergeist

Tbh I loved the verses, but chorus vocals really irritate me, not only live, but also in the studio version.

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

Lextyr97

For me, I was super disappointed with Alice. I wish that the bass was heavier and that the last beat drop had some big visual element to accompany it. It built up and went nowhere, then the song was done. Fortunately Replay was right after it to bring the adrenaline up again

Archived