💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Pop songs don’t have key changes anymore

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

SevenAteNine

I actually like perfect illusion.. Why am i such an outlier here... i just wanna relate to you guys.. but i like it 

RIP 9.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimotheeChalamet
8 minutes ago, Sir Bride said:

I actually like perfect illusion.. Why am i such an outlier here... i just wanna relate to you guys.. but i like it 

It's one of her best songs, people dislike it only because it's not a pop song about riding **** 

Mother of Puppies

I like key changes a lot and I don't think it's cheesy. It really depends on the song and if it fits.

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Mother of Puppies
3 hours ago, Original Diva said:

I think it's a shame we don't really see many anymore, but perhaps they just don't make sense and don't fit into the modern era of really short songs.

Ohh they'll come back... everything will repeat itself because at some point you can't invent new stuff anymore... at least not completely new. This is why all fashion styles will also eventually come back around (which we see now with the 90s)

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

That's why I enjoy more of older music especially 80/90s, and I'm totally not surprise by this, most music is now done without heart put into it by "writing camps". 

tumblr_o0canfg64U1r90m4vo1_250.gifv

Pennywise
6 hours ago, tomsches said:

For me that’s a good thing because I think key changes sound sooo cheesy/kitschy 

yup, they make songs sound like shitty eurovision entries 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Teletubby
28 minutes ago, Dojo said:

i am actually a music connoisseur but was a key change in a song?

A key change is when you change the key of a song 

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

3 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

A key change is when you change the key of a song 

thank you! i will watch this video rn 

TonzaPOP123
5 hours ago, Mr Mendes said:

*Radio pop songs.

There are plenty of soulful, impactful, powerful pop songs out there you just won’t hear them on them on the radio. Music’s never been more interesting than it is now, it’s just the easily digestible stuff is what gets on TikTok and the radio. Not to say there aren’t mainstream artists doing amazing work with meaningful music, there are. But the independent scene is so alive and vibrant right now, you just have to go to it rather than it coming to you. 

Independent hard working electronic artist here and I agree with you 100%.

Teletubby
5 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Where’s the key change on Perfect Delusion?

1:51

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

StrawberryBlond

Songs now are so short that they don't have time to factor in a key change! :ladyhaha: Honestly, I miss the days when you'd really be getting into a song and then they went up a gear and don't even get me started on guitar solos. Now they seem in a hurry to end to encourage more replays and thus, more streams.

Bully Pop

Not to be contrary to the fact it isn’t as big of a thing in music lately, but I would like to point out that a very recent example is that there’s a key change in the lead-in to the final chorus of Rina Sawayma’s “Hold The Girl”; it’s around the 3:17 mark 

Archived