Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

is Taylor's success becoming too much?

Dojo

is Taylor's success becoming too much?   

143 members have voted

1. 1. is Taylor's success becoming too much?

• Yes, quite scary tbh
    • No, normal for her iconic standards

Featured Posts

45 minutes ago, Trunks said:

No, just be grateful that we have a pop girl who dominates the industry instead of some rapper or some basic white male

Yes! Let’s cancel all the basic white makes! They don’t deserve happiness or success! 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ELECTROHEART
17 hours ago, LaLuna said:

I'm not Taylor's biggest fan but let's be honest, if this was Gaga we wouldn't be asking this question.

Because Little Monsters wouldn't stream, buy and idolize they're fave anymore like they do with Taylor, we let flop Gaga but not other artists, this site seems to be more full of swifties than Little Monsters tbh.

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

PartySick
10 hours ago, Cello said:

Not to mention the HIStory tour alone had 4.5million tickets sold and the only US dates were in Hawaii :ladyhaha:

7 hours ago, Dojo said:

edit. 

nevermind, why do i even bother

Why do you, honestly :bear:

Comparing anyone to MJ is setting them up for failure. Taylor is a local act compared to MJ from the 1980s-1990s :deadbanana:

🖤

SarahYuko

I thought it was a good thing Gaga found a balance in her career and it didn't balloon exponentially, it's a healthier balance for her, her loved ones, her brand, her employees, AND for us. I'm not even particularly enamored by this (historically) pretty recent phenomenon of entertainers being a locus of economic and cultural capital across the world. It feels unsustainable knowing it's part and parcel a (late-stage?) capitalist by-product; resources pooling in the hundreds of millions, AND a cult of personality that can withstand or destablise institutions is a lot of power in the hands of individuals who are, at the end of the day, entertainers. Like, sure, I'm glad the Ticketmaster issue is finally coming to a head because Swifties reported and complained in drones rightfully, but it irks me that that is what it took to finally address a vicious monopoly after years and years. 

Taylucifer

it is not too much but I think it has reached a level where people are once again ready to jump on anything to bring her down, its giving 1989 era which lead to 2016 all over again 

1989 (TV) is out NOW

2School4Cool
On 11/18/2022 at 6:34 PM, Dojo said:

She is basically surpassed the level of success of legendary acts like The Beatles or Michael Jackson.

I absolutely adore Taylor and think she deserves all of her success, she’s the best lyricist today and one of the most creative minds of this generation of musicians, but to compare any artist to the success of these two acts isn’t remotely accurate in my opinion. MJ completely changed the landscape of pop culture and paved the way for today’s biggest musicians, and The Beatles were not only the most influential and innovative act of the past 100 years but the peak of Beatlemania is still like nothing that’s been seen before or after.

That's in no way to diminish Taylor’s success, she’s on a stratospheric level and is on her way to legend status, no one in today’s music scene can compare to the level she’s on.

See The Best In Everyone

The girl is extremely dedicated to her music career, maybe the most dedicated one among all current pop-stars (talking music wise), she’s not only making tons of new music, she’s also putting a-lot of thought into the processes of each album (even her re-recordings), so I guess hard work pays off at the end :vegas:

SevenWonder

She's not bigger than peak Beatles or MJ. She's HUGE. But not that big. Let's not let the recency effect make us lose perspective. 

I don't think she's even as big as her 1989 era, Gaga during TFM and maybe BTW, Madonna during Like A Prayer and a couple other eras, Janet during her Rhythm Nation, Mariah four or five times during her 1990s eras, Whitney during The Bodyguard.

Meaning, she's the biggest pop star on the planet right now. By miles. But others have been just as big in the past.

But to answer your question: No. I don't think she's too big. I think she's as big as the public wants her to be. I don't really get it. But I don't have to. She's the industry right now. 

I’m not necessarily scared by Taylor, more by the fact that someone can have this much power/influence.  Her success is crazy and she always does the right thing, but what if this success fell in the hands of the wrong person. 

Monstermilo

i think so. shes not super talented at anything except songwriting, but even there she has cowriters and i personally dont like her lyrics - plus doesnt antonoff contribute a lot to the songwriting??

shes not a great singer, shes not a good dancer, her stage presence is lacking 

take away all the music, the dancers and her production and analyze her voice and she is  beyond mediocre..... like the epitome of an average singing voice

beyonce or gaga should have this kind of success not taylor swift.......... 

Monstermilo
On 11/18/2022 at 10:38 PM, insight said:

Her success just shows how bland and vanilla are the masses that consume her music. 

yeah theyre putting her on the same level as whitney and mariah lmao 

this girl can barely sing 

Ophelia

Yes, her success is too much because it doesn’t translate to star quality.

I tried to educate myself on the Swift case and watch Reputation tour recently…had to turn it off after the third song :air: The music was cringy (sorry, „Ready for it” was too much for me), her moves and singing were like watching a High School talent show. And shots of the audience excited for all of this vanilla content :air: 

Pls don’t compare her to MJ. He was born an all-around enternainer, she was born a song-writer. 

I feel like (despite her huge success) she will vanish more in history than for example Gaga, who may have less success but has one in a lifetime star quality.

...has anybody seen my disco stick?

I don't think you can say her success is too much. It is what it is.

I don't understand it for one second, but that is what it is too and it doesn't matter anyway.

Archived