Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

is Taylor's success becoming too much?

Dojo

is Taylor's success becoming too much?   

143 members have voted

1. 1. is Taylor's success becoming too much?

• Yes, quite scary tbh
    • No, normal for her iconic standards

Featured Posts

PartySick
14 minutes ago, Dojo said:

She is basically surpassed the level of success of legendary acts like The Beatles or Michael Jackson.

Wait. Stop.

You're trolling, right? :laughga: last I checked, even Mariah Carey and Eminem outsold her in total album sales, let alone the actual legends like MJ, The Beatles, Madonna, etc.

There are some estimates that put MJ's album sales alone in the 750 million range. Good first week streaming numbers from a dedicated stan base and a Ticketmaster scandal ain't touching that, be serious. And tour revenue counts for f*ckall when tickets are going for $75,000 each :deadbanana:

I have no idea what the initial question means though. Is she at risk of overexposure? No, the only people tired of hearing her name are people who find her dreadfully boring (hi, it's me, I'm the problem).

🖤

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

No. She is one of popstar who have the largest appeal right now, why the hate? I am happy for her. And her songs are always relatable.
Plus, she is literally rare breed of pop stars who are so busy but still actually giving her fans what they wants. Every single time. Rarely, if ever, shelves any project she said she'd do. Her fans are very fortunate.
Haters just gonna say anything to discredit her. Jealousy is a disease and I am praying some of y'all get well soon, cos Taylor is not the one to hate. :pray:

i hope you don't mean me because i am not a hater at all

RAMROD
7 minutes ago, Dojo said:

i hope you don't mean me because i am not a hater at all

No, it's more to those who come to Taylor's threads and said "this is not Taylor daily" or something like that. Which is, bybthe way, technically not true cos this cult site can be whatever Daily now, even the site logo on top corner literally just said DAILY. Ask admin for assistance. :ally:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Just now, RAMROD said:

No, it's more to those who come to Taylor's threads and said "this is not Taylor daily" or something like that. Which is, bybthe way, technically not true cos this cult site can be whatever Daily now, even the site logo on top corner literally just said DAILY. Ask admin for assistance. :ally:

RAMRODDAILY :firega:

RAMROD
11 minutes ago, Dojo said:

RAMRODDAILY :firega:

:fan:  well, I'm sorry :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Wow yeah I guess I agree she hasn’t had her peak yet…. Thought it was 1989 but 5 #1 albums later she is stronger than ever. I don’t know how her career will evolve, what could possibly bring her down except herself. 

Reject False Icons

There are no other iconic main pop girls at the moment, like in 2012 you could pick between 5 or 6 but right now the only one feeding their fans, and releasing a full-fledged era plus giving their everything is only Taylor.

PartySick
52 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

this cult site can be whatever Daily now, even the site logo on top corner literally just said DAILY. Ask admin for assistance. :ally:

I hate you so much :ladyhaha:

🖤

Crescent Bloom

Nope.

The effort she puts in her music/songwriting, the strong relationship she has with her fans, and her attention to detail is what landed her in the position she is in today.

It's weird because she's extremely successful but it doesn't feel like she has an iconic status, iconic songs or long lasting cultural impact

Economy

Kinda. She is the reason Gaga will not be the most successful female artist (commercially) of this century or even generation

Adele doesn't release often, Rihannas success was mainly singles and she's mostly left music now anyway, Katy Perry's career basically died after her peak ended so Gaga I think could have more commutative success than any other female artist that came out within a 10 year span of her...

Exept for Taylor Swift that is... :neyde:

But good for Taylor tho. The success is undeniable :applause:

CaliforniaDreamin
2 hours ago, Pennywise said:

if this was Gaga, we'd be the most insufferable people on the planet, even passing the bts fans :billie:

Gaga’s quite popular but there’s still something I like about her not being 100% gp popular.like I could be the only person in a room of 100 that has listened to her entire discography besides shallow

Archived