💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift releases statement regarding the Ticketmaster sale

Teletubby

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, HIM820 said:

Her most successful era with a tainted tour. This won’t end until people forget about it and that won’t happen until the tour is over. She’s going to be posting outfits and clips etc and there will be hate, anger, sadness and jealousy 100% attached to it now no matter what. That’s the opposite energy you want going into any live performance. I’m already seeing people saying she can “shove it” to the inevitable tour movie. I don’t see how this successful era is going to be looked back upon fondly now compared to any of her other albums because of this. Her fans are the first people to make her a victim in every possible situation… but not this one. Good luck to her and her team! Knowing the perfectionist she strives to be, this will bother her for quite some time. 

You are depicting what every single fanbase feels with every era. Don't you see that hate, anger, sadness and jealousy 100% with Gaga? :billie:

I would bet anything she will recover from this and her next era will be equally or even more successful :glamourpuss:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, AYURO said:

You are depicting what every single fanbase feels with every era. Don't you see that hate, anger, sadness and jealousy 100% with Gaga? :billie:

I would bet anything she will recover from this and her next era will be equally or even more successful :glamourpuss:

Your first mistake is thinking Gaga and Taylor’s fans remotely act the same. Gaga has a huge gay fanbase that are very tongue in cheek when they critique her. Yes, overall there have been frustrations over how things are managed (Chromatica) but I’ve never seen a large response of “we can’t stomach to listen to Gaga for awhile.” Gaga cultivated this type of fanbase from the beginning. People who were loyal, but also very outspoken- because she’s always been. Taylor has been pretty conservative in this regard for a good part of her career. Her fans aren’t prepared to react to this because they’ve never felt they had to before. They rarely ever critique her in this way. I can see it in how they are describing this, that they don’t know how they should feel. Sometimes you won’t be able to win these people back.

I’m also not saying this won’t be a successful era overall- the album was great and she’s broken so many records. But the tour (which is usually the crown jewel of pop eras) will be a sore spot. People have been “pissed” at Gaga for having to cancel her remaining dates for heath reasons. I can’t imagine having that same negative energy x10 before the tour has even started! 

Gagaism
5 hours ago, Kimmo said:

The problem is people willing to pay so much for a resale ticket. Ticketmaster saw the opportunity and they took and people kept paying. I can’t believe some people pay their whole monthly paycheck just to see a singer.  Is nuts. Everyone is the problem :duck:

I agree until certain point. I mean there’s definitely people who will pay for it no matter what because they’re either rich or they are really fans who save money to make it. On the other side there’s a lot of fans also who are not rich and can’t pay or at least has to make it worth the money they will spend.

For example I got tickets for the Chromatica Ball and payed 550 to golden circle and ended up being at the 3 row very close to the stage. It was not cheap but also didn’t cost me a week paycheck so that’s nice. 
Then another thing is paying like 600 to be in sections far from the stage and I am not paying that. That’s what we saw after being in a 5hr queue to get tickets for ms Swift. 

TortureMeOnReplay
4 hours ago, PartySick said:

Literally the two problems are fluctuating ticket prices and scalpers.

"Demand" should never impact the price of a ticket :laughga:

And resales simply shouldn't be allowed period.

Boom. Problem solved. It's not complicated and I'm sure both of these things are well within artists' power when negotiating with Ticketmaster as the medium for selling their tickets.

Resales are such a scam but work so well for Ticketmaster too. I got floor tickets to Gaga during a presale but saw pit tickets during general sale. They wouldn't let me refund my floor tickets and I had to sell them. Not selling for a profit allowed me to avoid fees, but I didn't even get paid back for those sold tickets until 3 months later, after the concert. So ticketmaster had my original ticket money, my new seats ticket money, and the resale ticket money. And I had to provide a card so that they can charge it and pay out the buyer in case the concert got cancelled as if that'd be my fault. 

Future Lovers
13 hours ago, PartySick said:

Literally the two problems are fluctuating ticket prices and scalpers.

"Demand" should never impact the price of a ticket :laughga:

And resales simply shouldn't be allowed period.

Boom. Problem solved. It's not complicated and I'm sure both of these things are well within artists' power when negotiating with Ticketmaster as the medium for selling their tickets.

13 hours ago, MessyTop said:

She signed on for dynamic pricing. She can stop that. She won’t 

She did sign on for dynamic pricing*, however she ALSO gave them an upper limit for that pricing. She released before the pre-sales began the range of prices that tickets would go for and those were not starting rates, that was the range she provided for them to move around within. This was a measure to counteract their out of control dynamic pricing. She gave them a limit whereas they previously had none.

EDIT: I'm now seeing many discussions online that dynamic was in fact not on, there was just a difference in price between the sales. Verified fan was cheaper than Capital One which is apparently common. Dynamic pricing is seats changing price in real time as surrounding seats are bought which was apparently not happening. 

It's pretty clear from her wording that she and her team were misled about how Ticketmaster was going to approach this sale. The Wall Street Journal reported (it hasn't been confirmed by other sources yet but they are reputable and likely have an insider or else they wouldn't have reported it) that it was Taylor herself, not Ticketmaster, that cancelled the general sale likely due to fear that the situation would continue to get worse and that there are indeed tickets remaining for the shows. At this time, as she explicitly said, it seems they're discussing the possibility of more shows and as she implied, discussing what to do with those remaining tickets. 

As for the scalping...there really is nothing she can do about it. Unlike Ed Sheeran's situation, there's a higher volume of resale tickets out there that have already sold. She can cancel the ones that are still on sale, but doing so would put the ones that've already sold in jeopardy as well as they will be able to be traced back to resale sites. That could potentially mean thousands of people who got burned in the Ticketmaster sale are now going to get burned for buying a resale ticket in desperation which won't make the situation any better. 

Ticketmaster is the only one who can fix the scalping issue, but they don't want to. They own ticket resale sites and profit off of resales just as much, if not more, than they do the initial sale. That is something that can only be addressed by the government. 

She also cannot combat what was the biggest issue of the sale: a faulty website. A website that wouldn't accept credit card numbers, incorrectly flagged legit accounts as bots, broke due to high traffic despite knowing it was coming, logging people out of their accounts, not  requiring presale codes to enter the sale but only to purchase which made the queues longer. 

Oriane

Forbid resales that are higher than the original price. That's what we do in my country.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Versace

Like some of the comments here are so childish.

What do you realistically want her to do, have her concerts on a damn island to accommodate the demand. She already added more shows and you never know she might make another leg later in the US. She’s not gonna base the whole tour around US only, there are other continents that Americans love to ignore. Also she’s not a cyborg, with the amount effort and shows that will go into this, hope her health is taken into utmost consideration (Gaga broke her hip to please us in case you forgot, let’s not overwork artists). 

To those who say she should just stay quite instead of release a statement that doesn’t solve anything. Well the intention isn’t to solve, it’s to show empathy. Y’all would read her anyways if she stayed quite. Anyways it’s a learning experience and I’m sure next time she won’t deal with Ticketmaster, most artists/fans are getting fed up with them as well. 

CatelynnMarie

If I was rich I’d literally buy Ticketmaster & change the whole system. It’s all such bs. No one should have to jump through hoops in any form just to experience their faves live. There’s so much wrong with Ticketmaster beyond the obvious, it needs to all change :saladga:

ALGAYDO

The way 50% of her fans are tearing into her, while the other 50% are blindly defending this :air: that’s the price you pay for being this famous, I guess :air:

ALGAYDO

Not to the flames, but the abuse of having floor tickets go from 250 to 900 in seconds is insane. Not listing VIP details or prices until you are buying tickets panicking is abuse. 
adding the VIP price to a bad seat is a scam. They sold nosebleed VIP tickets for 399.  That is abuse 

Should’ve bought the $250 when you had the chance :awesome: don’t re-fresh next time? 

im jk 😭 

RAMROD
15 hours ago, MessyTop said:

I’m sorry what a lame statement. I’m a huge fan, but girl say something. Vague dot com dot over it. Bye 

15 hours ago, MessyTop said:

She signed on for dynamic pricing. She can stop that. She won’t 

Taylor is BANKING form the ticket sales. Dynamic pricing is approved by the artist and Ticketmaster. They all make way more money. She probably trying to find a way to clean her image and the rest of the tickets for the tour

She didn't signed to that scheme. Some fan you are for accusing her before any facts :bradley:

Fh6HHgRXwAccBpK?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.nj.com/opinion/2022/11/springsteen-finally-comments-on-ticket-price-controversy-he-must-be-joking-opinion.html

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/taylor-swift-announces-2023-tour-1235419454/

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Helxig

I don't understand this mess :blink:

When I bought tickets for the Billie show a couple months ago, Ticketmaster clearly stated that tickets could only be resold through their website, and at no price above original retail price, otherwise they may not be honoured at the door

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Controversiaga
22 hours ago, Kimmo said:

If you care, give the tickets for free then :partysick:

No one should do their job for free gurl 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Archived