Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift releases statement regarding the Ticketmaster sale

Teletubby

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

I’m sorry what a lame statement. I’m a huge fan, but girl say something. Vague dot com dot over it. Bye 

Say something? She literally shaded Ticketmaster and said she is trying to figure something out to fix the mess. What do you expect her to do? :duck:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

No :neyde:

I don’t even know why I commented twice here….

Anyway…

“I want your stupid love, oh oh oh oh “

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886a07ccf032c9032ef38fc8939e1eb06fd802ec30f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Hottie Detector

PartySick
38 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I dunno what everyone expects her to do at this point. She and her team trusted Ticketmaster to follow through on their promises and they failed to do so. A vast majority of those sales were scalpers, but many of them are also real fans that legitimately bought their tickets. Is Taylor supposed to cancel all sales and try again, screwing over those who DID get tickets? Lmao

Cancel resales :vegas:

🖤

PartySick

Literally the two problems are fluctuating ticket prices and scalpers.

"Demand" should never impact the price of a ticket :laughga:

And resales simply shouldn't be allowed period.

Boom. Problem solved. It's not complicated and I'm sure both of these things are well within artists' power when negotiating with Ticketmaster as the medium for selling their tickets.

🖤

MessyTop
8 minutes ago, AYURO said:

Say something? She literally shaded Ticketmaster and said she is trying to figure something out to fix the mess. What do you expect her to do? :duck:

She signed on for dynamic pricing. She can stop that. She won’t 

OMonster
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Boom. Problem solved. It's not complicated and I'm sure both of these things are well within artists' power when negotiating with Ticketmaster as the medium for selling their tickets.

This.

And if Ticketmaster really is the problem and won't change their policies to align with this... why doesn't Taylor Swift and multiple other artists team up to create a 'fan only' ticket service that prohibits inflated resales and sets standard, fixed pricing for each artist/venue?

Sounds like a business idea... :D 

subtext / fantasy

2 minutes ago, OMonster said:

This.

And if Ticketmaster really is the problem and won't change their policies to align with this... why doesn't Taylor Swift and multiple other artists team up to create a 'fan only' ticket service that prohibits inflated resales and sets standard, fixed pricing for each artist/venue?

Sounds like a business idea... :D 

Mte.  An alternative to Ticketmaster is a solution.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Pennywise
12 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Well, the solution is simple sis, down with the capitalism :vegas:

It’ll be hilarious if Swifties would be the spark to revolution :huntyga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

mr.peter
9 minutes ago, Ronk said:

Mte.  An alternative to Ticketmaster is a solution.

Ticketmaster is also Livenation... so they are really the only big company that knows how to produce these huge tours

Kandy life
52 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

The problem is people willing to pay so much for a resale ticket. Ticketmaster saw the opportunity and they took and people kept paying. I can’t believe some people pay their whole monthly paycheck just to see a singer.  Is nuts. Everyone is the problem :duck:

I agree. I would never. It's not like Taylor, Gaga, or whoever singer was a god for me to bankrupt in order to see them live, really stupid. 

I sit and press rewind

1 hour ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I dunno what everyone expects her to do at this point. She and her team trusted Ticketmaster to follow through on their promises and they failed to do so. A vast majority of those sales were scalpers, but many of them are also real fans that legitimately bought their tickets. Is Taylor supposed to cancel all sales and try again, screwing over those who DID get tickets? Lmao

She’s probably not going to do anything but needs to accept that this has tainted her tour and significantly lowered her image. Knowing what we do about her, she’s going to be unable to. This has really cost her in the long run. 

I have been in fan groups on Reddit, Facebook, Twitter etc for the past 24 hours and she’s lost A LOT of them. They stuck by her in 2017, but this feels very different. Some are saying they can’t stomach to listen to her for a while. What’s also interesting is I am seeing lots of comparisons to Gaga and artists who share similar morals to their audiences and constantly express them. They’re basically saying Taylor might share those too, but she’s a capitalist first and they can’t support that anymore. I’m sure they will be fans again, but wow reading all of this and seeing her grip on them crumble is so interesting!

MessyTop
10 minutes ago, HIM820 said:

She’s probably not going to do anything but needs to accept that this has tainted her tour and significantly lowered her image. Knowing what we do about her, she’s going to be unable to. This has really cost her in the long run. 

I have been in fan groups on Reddit, Facebook, Twitter etc for the past 24 hours and she’s lost A LOT of them. They stuck by her in 2017, but this feels very different. Some are saying they can’t stomach to listen to her for a while. What’s also interesting is I am seeing lots of comparisons to Gaga and artists who share similar morals to their audiences and constantly express them. They’re basically saying Taylor might share those too, but she’s a capitalist first and they can’t support that anymore. I’m sure they will be fans again, but wow reading all of this and seeing her grip on them crumble is so interesting!

Taylor is BANKING form the ticket sales. Dynamic pricing is approved by the artist and Ticketmaster. They all make way more money. She probably trying to find a way to clean her image and the rest of the tickets for the tour

14 minutes ago, HIM820 said:

is similar to what happened to Adele with her Vegas shows, some fans can't see her the same way they used to

16 minutes ago, HIM820 said:

She is in her more successful era, these fans abandoning her won't make any difference. Watch her recover them and gain others when she finishes Ticketmaster :billie:

Archived