celeb

Taylor Swift releases statement regarding the Ticketmaster sale

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
andy232000

Love that she shaded Ticketmaster! But at the same time she really isn't doing much rather than putting the blame on them (rightfully so). Like I want her to do something that will bring ticketmaster down. I wanna see them burn. Their fall is my oxygen lol. 

(I obviously know she may not be able to do much, but I guess I was expecting here to come with a more concrete "solution" since many fans were saying she usually takes her time before releasing a statement)

Cameltoe Chariot

I dunno what everyone expects her to do at this point. She and her team trusted Ticketmaster to follow through on their promises and they failed to do so. A vast majority of those sales were scalpers, but many of them are also real fans that legitimately bought their tickets. Is Taylor supposed to cancel all sales and try again, screwing over those who DID get tickets? Lmao

Cello

she should sue them for real 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Anderson123

It must be really frustrating to see this happen, especially for her with the demand she has right now. I guess this was to be expected but it went beyond that, millions of people were trying to get those tickets and Ticketmaster keeps getting away with re-selling them. Taylor is very smart and hope she will figure a way to not let this happen in the future. They should've done something like a pre-pre-sale code on every copy of Midnight or an official fan list priority or something like that but still, I know they've have found a way to cheat and take advantage of fans.

AnglerfishbraBENUS
13 minutes ago, Cello said:

she should sue them for real 

they really messed with the wrong b*tch

LilyLark

Ticketmaster is a mess and a monopoly (same dude also owns LiveNation and a bunch of other music related entities). I'm glad Taylor is going after them as are politicians.

I will say in the past, when artists have occasionally spoken out, the (music) media has somewhat smeared them. Feels a little tin foil/conspiracy-esque, but I always thought they (music media outlets) were afraid to anger Ticketmaster because the media would often counter with dynamic pricing, this, and that instead of going 'well, this is effed up.'

One thing she could do is force Ticketmaster to cancel all tickets that are on resale sites. I believe Ed Sheeran has done this before

The problem is people willing to pay so much for a resale ticket. Ticketmaster saw the opportunity and they took and people kept paying. I can’t believe some people pay their whole monthly paycheck just to see a singer.  Is nuts. Everyone is the problem :duck:

Hottie Detector

MessyTop

I’m sorry what a lame statement. I’m a huge fan, but girl say something. Vague dot com dot over it. Bye 

Archived