💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift releases statement regarding the Ticketmaster sale

Teletubby

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

Taylor is BANKING form the ticket sales. Dynamic pricing is approved by the artist and Ticketmaster. They all make way more money. She probably trying to find a way to clean her image and the rest of the tickets for the tour

Wow an artist trying to make money. Send her to the flames :ladyhaha:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MessyTop
6 minutes ago, AYURO said:

Wow an artist trying to make money. Send her to the flames :ladyhaha:

Not to the flames, but the abuse of having floor tickets go from 250 to 900 in seconds is insane. Not listing VIP details or prices until you are buying tickets panicking is abuse. 
adding the VIP price to a bad seat is a scam. They sold nosebleed VIP tickets for 399.  That is abuse 

Cameltoe Chariot
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

Cancel resales :vegas:

I mean they could, but what about instances where people need to resell their tickets because they can't go? I guess a possible solution would be to offer refunds up until the day of the show or whatever, and then those refunded tickets would be released for sale again... :saladga:

I feel like even if they did this, third party resale groups would still be selling physical scalped tickets. I think a more extreme measure needs to happen like in other countries where it's illegal to resell tickets for profit/above the actual ticket cost.

32 minutes ago, AYURO said:

She is in her more successful era, these fans abandoning her won't make any difference. Watch her recover them and gain others when she finishes Ticketmaster :billie:

Her most successful era with a tainted tour. This won’t end until people forget about it and that won’t happen until the tour is over. She’s going to be posting outfits and clips etc and there will be hate, anger, sadness and jealousy 100% attached to it now no matter what. That’s the opposite energy you want going into any live performance. I’m already seeing people saying she can “shove it” to the inevitable tour movie. I don’t see how this successful era is going to be looked back upon fondly now compared to any of her other albums because of this. Her fans are the first people to make her a victim in every possible situation
 but not this one. Good luck to her and her team! Knowing the perfectionist she strives to be, this will bother her for quite some time. 

TheFame Monster

Guess she has an NDA and can’t really say much since she didn’t  directly say “Ticketmaster” in her statement

The thing that will stop scalpers is if they lose money. So, don't buy the resale tickets above list price. I am not a scalper. But I resold my Chicago Chromatica ticket when the Houston and Pennsylvania shows were added. With the purchase fee and the resale fee, a scalper needs to make 150 percent of purchase price on the resale or it's a loss. With the presale tickets going for higher prices, it should make it more difficult for scalpers to profit. :iamfair:

If I were a scalper, I would certainly join the fan presale. đŸ€· What would prevent that?

Did fans share the presale codes? Like if a code allows 4 ticket purchases, did 2 different fans each try to buy 2 with the same code?

2 hours ago, LilyLark said:

Ticketmaster is a mess and a monopoly (same dude also owns LiveNation and a bunch of other music related entities). I'm glad Taylor is going after them as are politicians.

I will say in the past, when artists have occasionally spoken out, the (music) media has somewhat smeared them. Feels a little tin foil/conspiracy-esque, but I always thought they (music media outlets) were afraid to anger Ticketmaster because the media would often counter with dynamic pricing, this, and that instead of going 'well, this is effed up.'

They probably are since the same dude owns live nation and iheart radio also 

Schwerk
2 hours ago, OMonster said:

This.

And if Ticketmaster really is the problem and won't change their policies to align with this... why doesn't Taylor Swift and multiple other artists team up to create a 'fan only' ticket service that prohibits inflated resales and sets standard, fixed pricing for each artist/venue?

Sounds like a business idea... :D 

I wish, but most artists and especially their teams care a lot more about money than fans. 

In my country there have been attempts to stop reselling and dynamic pricing. It's getting completely out of hand and it's sad a lot of people will never be able to enjoy a live show of their favorite artist or living legends with prices going through the roof. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

elijahfan

She should also speak up regarding the literal scam that is "dynamic pricing", whatever the **** they want to call that.

huttont
2 hours ago, Kimmo said:

I can’t believe some people pay their whole monthly paycheck just to see a singer.  Is nuts. Everyone is the problem :duck:

We, hi, we’re the problem. It’s us.

Learn Music Video GIF by Taylor Swift

2 hours ago, PartySick said:

Literally the two problems are fluctuating ticket prices and scalpers.

"Demand" should never impact the price of a ticket :laughga:

And resales simply shouldn't be allowed period.

Boom. Problem solved. It's not complicated and I'm sure both of these things are well within artists' power when negotiating with Ticketmaster as the medium for selling their tickets.

move to the EU

It's always someone else's fault with her:huntyga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Better Day
4 minutes ago, River said:

It's always someone else's fault with her:huntyga:

It is literally Ticketmasters fault 

Together You And I!

Mirrion Rizzons

I just can't justify scamming fans out of so much money for a 2 hour show - Don't really care whose to blame but I reckon every ticket should be refunded and a re-sale should happen. I can imagine tons of fans were expecting reasonably priced tickets, which was advertised. I couldn't fathom the financial situations some of them must be in where they thought they had no choice but to buy these steep priced tickets

ChavaWM

So what's going to be done about the $12000 individual tickets on stubhub? They're just gonna be able to sell them for that much?

Archived