Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What was ARTPOP era like for you guys?

SevenAteNine

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Benji said:

The album leaked in low quality, it sounded kind of bland but I put that down to the quality of the leak… then it was released and it still sounded bland :poot:

the way we had the same experience and reaction :messga:

mother, what must i do?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
warhol killer

Loved the music, the visuals, the fashion. I was expecting a lot though ever since the hype began a year before. I always thought the album concept, the Venus/Do What U Want single switch, and the era as a whole was kind of a mess. 

Really missed the hype during the Applause era! From the MV premiere to the VMA stage. I remember I was also excited to see a video for Venus but sadly that was never filmed. I'm pretty sure she wanted to do more with the album and the songs.

I think it was also that time when I started doing more graphic designs about her, so if it wasn't for ARTPOP and its hype I don't think I would be doing more of what I am doing now.

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

1 minute ago, NATAH said:

the way we had the same experience and reaction :messga:

I remember thinking it was either the quality of the leak OR it was like the Applause leak where it’s all unmastered.

I was like, Swine is clearly missing some drum stems or a guitar or something… it can’t be that hollow… surely… wait :bear:

SevenAteNine
39 minutes ago, Charmz said:

ARTPOP is a very grown up piece of work. It sounds cliche, but I don’t know if it was “trendy” at the time to make smart, grown up EDM music. 

I personally think Chromatica will be remembered as being more “cursed” because of the delays/promo changes because of Covid.

I agree, the world just wasnt ready... 

I think u might be right with chromatica.. but at the same time perhaps not, idk hahah but i liked reading your response!

RIP 9.

SevenAteNine
52 minutes ago, sexy said:

It remains my favorite album from her to this day,

it truly is such a fun album! I often put it in when Im scared because the craziness makes me calm down

RIP 9.

32 minutes ago, Benji said:

I remember thinking it was either the quality of the leak OR it was like the Applause leak where it’s all unmastered.

I was like, Swine is clearly missing some drum stems or a guitar or something… it can’t be that hollow… surely… wait :bear:

omg Swine was SO anti-climatic :messga: i had been listening to a HQ rip of Swine from itunes festival so when the album leaked/came out, the album version felt so hollow like you said :messga:

mother, what must i do?

Auralegends

When I heard applause for the first time, I wasn't really a fan. Then I saw the performance of VENUS at Graham Norton and I loved it soooo much. Then I saw the DWUW performance at the AMA's and started listening to the album. I remember G.U.Y. as my favorite song next to VENUS. Since then, I became a little monster :pawsup:

6 minutes ago, NATAH said:

omg Swine was SO anti-climatic :messga: i had been listening to a HQ rip of Swine from itunes festival so when the album leaked/came out, the album version felt so hollow like you said :messga:

We had identical experiences.  I’ve purposely kept my iTunes Festival rip of Swine because I prefer it to the album version.  It goes way harder… what we should’ve had with ARTPOP upsets me still :fatcat:

SevenAteNine
14 minutes ago, Auralegends said:

remember G.U.Y. as my favorite song next to VENUS. 

are you me? ahhah

RIP 9.

SevenAteNine
1 hour ago, Warhol Killer said:

I think it was also that time when I started doing more graphic designs about her, so if it wasn't for ARTPOP and its hype I don't think I would be doing more of what I am doing now.

I wish you well in your job! graphic design is cool! i bet your killer at it! 

RIP 9.

TEANUS

Anyone remember the YouTube Awards? :bradley::selena::nooo::messga:

The rumor was that her management left her literally right before the performance

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Very traumatising, as everyone including  Angela Cheng , the media , Perez Hilton all were calling her a FLOP , Pretty sure it’s when the word flop came into pop culture. It started off so exciting wit the iTunes Festival , then when the album came out and the songs came out half of them all tweaked and not as good as the Demos so it was really disappointing and hard to watch her go from the worlds biggest pop star to struggling to chart 

RAMROD

It was great for me. I mean, most part if it. The teaser with her in that huge face mask were so hyped. (Who knew she actually predicted Covid back then, hm?), The music were enjoyable. The peculiar artsy stuffs she did with Marina and more are great. The tour was great. The itunes's swinefest are excellent. The tracklist reveal were fun, though can be better. 

There were significant gap during the era after it was released and Gaga got a lot of bad reviews and hate from medias for no reason. No mentioning some maniac also pretending to be false journalists to smear campaign on her. It must have took a lot on her mentality, and some fans who got aggressive cos she didn't get #1 or whatever didn't help, actually  calling her flop on her mention, she was still talking to us every day up to that point, but no t anymore after, so I understood why she was so quiet suddenly. 

Also, in retrospect I am glad I missed the drama that was happening against Applause vs ROAR, I was already in Singapore that time for my holiday, so I don't up in my phone as often as I usually would and missed events/news. But the residue of that is still annoying tho!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

SevenAteNine
25 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

Anyone remember the YouTube Awards? :bradley::selena::nooo::messga:

The rumor was that her management left her literally right before the performance

ohhhhh the one where shes crying? :(

RIP 9.

TheFame Monster

Aura leak was amazing

Applause hype was real within the fan base but it didn’t feel like the public cared

Do What U Want in the Beats commercial made me so excited

Venus was kind of bland and cringy (it grew on me)

I had mixed feelings on Dope

Then the album came and I think most were disappointed with how the songs sounded compared to the iTunes Festival version.

I thought the performances were all great. And then there was the puke performance… 

The blackout between December and February was so long. The era felt dead and it was until G.U.Y. video was released

And the ARTPOP app countdowns that led to disappointments every few months. 

Archived