Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Todd Philips (Joker director) wants Joker 2 to be a dark musical movie

monketsharona

Featured Posts

phantasmas
8 hours ago, Oriane said:

Shh, 90% of this website still hasn't seen the first movie and thinks it's made for incels or something

and we never will watch the first movie! :iamfair:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G U C C I

I take the supposed info on the script that leaked months ago with a huge grain of salt but I 100% believe this movie is going to push every boundary possible and be one of the few female bloody action packed movies out there. When interviewed about his involvement in the movie, Brendan Glesson said quote:

"It wasn’t the material, which is a great way to get me out of having to answer any questions about the criteria. It was the achievement of the first film. I worked with Joaquin before on The Village... And so I knew him from then. And that performance, I’m still in awe of it. That performance as Joker, in that first movie. It was one of the most extraordinary achievements I’ve ever had. And for Todd to have - Worked the movie around to allow for that, I didn’t have to be asked twice. I really didn’t."

https://collider.com/joker-2-brendan-gleeson-joaquin-phoenix-comments/

That first line gives me a huge pause :gum: What does he mean “it wasn’t the material?” In another interview he did with Colin Ferrel he even said that he has hesitation about some of things he’s asked to do in the movie.  

plz let this mean we get a whole album curated and scored by Gaga like ASIB :giveup: Like I want jazzy covers but also a couple originals that may not be featured in the movie itself but used for promotional reasons so we can have something on radio. That would be cool AF. Even the jazzy covers could do well if it is in a pivotal moment in the film :giveup: This will be ICONIC

Oriane
5 hours ago, phantasmas said:

and we never will watch the first movie! :iamfair:

Ok then don't complain when you watch the second one and are confused :wtfga:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

10 hours ago, sillynate said:

Is Daddy Joaquin going to be singing in this movie ???

Sure.

In 2005, Phoenix co-starred alongside Reese Witherspoon in the James Mangold directed film Walk the Line, a Johnny Cash biopic. All of Cash's vocal tracks in the film and on the accompanying soundtrack are played and sung by Phoenix. For his portrayal of Johnny Cash, he won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy and the Grammy Award for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media for the film's soundtrack. Phoenix also received a second Academy Award nomination, his first in the Best Actor category as well as a second BAFTA nomination.

On 11/14/2022 at 8:20 AM, Cello said:

I'm here for something similar to the Sweeney Todd movie :legend:

Mhmm that’s what I’m expecting tbh

17 hours ago, G U C C I said:

I take the supposed info on the script that leaked months ago with a huge grain of salt but I 100% believe this movie is going to push every boundary possible and be one of the few female bloody action packed movies out there. When interviewed about his involvement in the movie, Brendan Glesson said quote:

"It wasn’t the material, which is a great way to get me out of having to answer any questions about the criteria. It was the achievement of the first film. I worked with Joaquin before on The Village... And so I knew him from then. And that performance, I’m still in awe of it. That performance as Joker, in that first movie. It was one of the most extraordinary achievements I’ve ever had. And for Todd to have - Worked the movie around to allow for that, I didn’t have to be asked twice. I really didn’t."

https://collider.com/joker-2-brendan-gleeson-joaquin-phoenix-comments/

That first line gives me a huge pause :gum: What does he mean “it wasn’t the material?” In another interview he did with Colin Ferrel he even said that he has hesitation about some of things he’s asked to do in the movie.  

Probably bc it’s weird lol

sillynate
59 minutes ago, Gaby15 said:

Sure.

In 2005, Phoenix co-starred alongside Reese Witherspoon in the James Mangold directed film Walk the Line, a Johnny Cash biopic. All of Cash's vocal tracks in the film and on the accompanying soundtrack are played and sung by Phoenix. For his portrayal of Johnny Cash, he won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy and the Grammy Award for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media for the film's soundtrack. Phoenix also received a second Academy Award nomination, his first in the Best Actor category as well as a second BAFTA nomination.

HE PLAYED JOHNNY CASH??? :nooo: 

36 minutes ago, sillynate said:

HE PLAYED JOHNNY CASH??? :nooo: 

Yes. I think Walk the Line is one of the best movies.

Archived