news

DJWS teases something 'special' for ARTPOP's anniversary

Auralegends

Featured Posts

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty Savage

She released a project for Born This Wayā€™s tenth anniversary why not for ARTPOP? Itā€™s a specialĀ album for Gaga and monsters. Even if itā€™s not ACT II i think they will do something special.Ā 

3 minutes ago, rinasawachanta said:

It is. And the worst part is that it's not because of Gaga. I'm absolutely certain that what ARTPOP turned out to be had NOTHING TO DO with what Gaga wanted it to be. She just ended up bowing to pressure from her label and management team and making an album that was supposed to be "commercial" after BTW was interpreted as not being as successful as it could have been (bombastic hits ala Bad Romance). I think during that time she tried to sustain the experimental album narrative, as if to reinstate some control over the product, but that she eventually dropped that narrative ("I don't remember ARTPOP"). There is literally one song produced by Guetta and will.i.am (which turns out to be surprisingly the best on the album, but where it is clear Gaga's input that she managed to make something worthy out of a label-mandated collaboration). I think many of us, and especially her, know that that album is a lackluster effort, that has little and nothing to do with what she wanted to do at the time and was in a position to deliver to the world. Each and every one of her previous and subsequent musical projects are exceptional, and true works of authorship. I love that many of those who accuse me of "trashing" Gaga's work are the same ones who throw sh*t at Joanne and Chromatica (which are GREAT albums).

Ā  Ā Youā€™re literally creating a head canon for how Gaga feels about ARTPOP when she continues to perform songs from it on all but one tour. JWT, Coachella, Enigma - all had ARTPOP - and album tracks at that. Enigma even had Petga brought back as a driving piece of the narrative and visuals of the show. ARTPOP went ā€œbadā€ because of issues with management and her being held back from releasing the songs she wanted as singles.
Ā 

Ā  Ā She loved that album and desperately fought for control back over it and at the very end did get some of it back. But to be so contrarian about the album just to trash it is so weird. And Joanne and Chromatica are great albums. But she has said with Joanne she essentially tried making an album to fix her Dad and it didnā€™t work and with Chromatica that she was miserable the whole time making it had to be forced to do it and had songs turned into dance tracks that were meant to be ballads and let the producers just do whatever they wanted and she would review it.
Ā 

Ā  Ā  If you want to go down the path youā€™re going down with ARTPOP you gotta acknowledge those. Because those 2 albums are ones that she explicitly expressed more sour feelings towards than ARTPOP as an album. Because aĀ meme tweet of ā€œI donā€™t rememberĀ ARTPOPā€ at a time when Bloodpop was also sending out random tweets from her account for the meme material means nothing in comparison to all of that.Ā 
Ā 

Ā  Ā That being said maybe itā€™s just better to accept that ALL albums are difficult to make when youā€™re a global pop star. You get a ton of say because itā€™s your music sure - but thereā€™s still bullet points to hit to make sure the label is comfortable finding you and continues to fund you. That is the case for every release she has ever done. Even Paparazzi exists solely because the label wanted a song with that title - so they went and made it. Doesnā€™t make it any less amazing of a song after all.

RaraBitch

tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ tea pleaseĀ 

rinasawachanta
3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Ā  Ā That being said maybe itā€™s just better to accept that ALL albums are difficult to make when youā€™re a global pop star. You get a ton of say because itā€™s your music sure - but thereā€™s still bullet points to hit to make sure the label is comfortable finding you and continues to fund you. That is the case for every release she has ever done. Even Paparazzi exists solely because the label wanted a song with that title - so they went and made it. Doesnā€™t make it any less amazing of a song after all.

I agree. I think it's a fair point and I'm glad to get a respectful and fair response to the debate.Ā 

Donatellah

I swear to God some of y'all are the most negative people ever omg...Ā :cryga:

Anyway, I choose to believe him. Why? Because he knows we're craving for unreleased ARTPOP tracks for oo long and releasing uninteresting stuff such as remixes or megamixes would lead him to receive A LOT of hate as he knows exactly what he's doing...Ā 

The only thing I hate about all of this is that we'll have to wait a whole ****ing year for whatever they got for us which is gonna make me feel anxious lmao

Ā 

Also, some of y'all should stop saying things like Act II wasn't never finished or that releasing it would be worthless because there are in fact finished scraps and I'm very sure they know whatever they release next year wouldn't smash on charts since they're releasing something specifically for the fans.Ā 

Anderson123

Oh he just posted something interesting to his stories. First of all, he gives credit to Nick Monson (co-writer and co-producer),Ā says there would be no ARTPOP without him.

He also says he didnā€™t need DJ Snake at all, he didnā€™t even listen to the album til it was out and they should stop giving him so much credit.Ā (P*tchfork reviews? He tagged them)

Snake has credits on Sex Dreams, Do What U Want and Applause. I wonder if this situation was just on ARTPOP or also Government Hooker.Ā 

EGOT2027

i feel like it sadly will just be some random stems or at most a random demo, but i would kill for a proper 10th anniversary edition with a few from the vault type things

artdoll

I'm hopeful that after last year's petition + years of demands from fans that we'll getĀ something,Ā but I'm not going to hold my breath.Ā :selena:

However, the clown in me REALLY hopes it's act II or at least a couple of songs released in some kind of EP like Brooklyn Nights, PARTYNAUSEOUS, TEA, etc. :giveup:Ā -- Maybe DJWS will officially release the instrumentals of unreleased songs w/ Gaga's permission?Ā 

ļ½”ļ¾Ÿā˜ glued up, sometimes it's too much ā˜ ļ¾Ÿļ½”

Archived