news

DJWS teases something 'special' for ARTPOP's anniversary

Auralegends

Featured Posts

Anveeroy
12 hours ago, rinasawachanta said:

Let it die please

12 hours ago, rinasawachanta said:

It is very sad how he held on to such a mediocre product.... Day after day reminiscing about something that never worked but allows him to extract revenue from those heavy fans who continue to live in the past and what "could have been."

No, there are a lot of people who loves ARTPOP. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starmie25
59 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Just because there were a few good songs on it does not mean the album was ahead of its time

Do I think it was ahead of its time? Not really, but it did have a wide variety of electro-pop and electronic styles

Also -Applause, Mary Jane, Venus, Sexxx Dreams, ARTPOP, Aura, Mannicure is more than "a few" 

Roughhouse Dandy

The little naysayers trying to crush my hopes can seethe. 

I've been campaigning and manifesting and my dream Gaga project is coming to fruition :firega:

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

elijahfan

Not sure he has the power to do much without Gaga's approval. His clinging to the ARTPOP era is a little sad, imo. I do hope we'll get to hear some unreleased tracks someday, but y'all should also keep in mind that these songs didn't make the cut for a reason.

Maxine Puth
21 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Not sure he has the power to do much without Gaga's approval. His clinging to the ARTPOP era is a little sad, imo. I do hope we'll get to hear some unreleased tracks someday, but y'all should also keep in mind that these songs didn't make the cut for a reason.

“These songs didn’t make the cut for a reason” yeah, because she only had 15 spots for the album… :partysick: The number of songs on an album is usually agreed upon before the release, that’s why she had to cut from the original 18 anyway (hence why she had to take Brooklyn Nights out).

Bolkins

I love AP as much as the next girlie, I have so many fun/fond memories with the album but I’m realistic that it was a very tough time for Gaga. I think about the BBC interview where she just can’t even pull a sentence together, at the time it felt like she was being kooky but really her mental state was on a razors edge. Its taken so much to overcome what happened, and if she never really wants to revisit that point again I’m personally okay with that. 

monketsharona

Even if I think it's some kind of unofficial event, I would definitely love having remastered versions of Brooklin Night, Nothing On The Radio and I Wanna Be With You on streaming services. It's the three songs that were meant to be on the final tracklist before being scrapped.

It's probably the only finished songs they have totally finished with no additional work to be done on it apart some remasterings.

elijahfan
44 minutes ago, Maxine Puth said:

“These songs didn’t make the cut for a reason” yeah, because she only had 15 spots for the album… :partysick: The number of songs on an album is usually agreed upon before the release, that’s why she had to cut from the original 18 anyway (hence why she had to take Brooklyn Nights out).

Thanks for confirming my point: the fact they most likely picked the 15 best songs of the bunch. As much as I enjoy Brooklyn Nights, I wouldn't sacrifice any song of the released album for it.

People seem convinced she's been keeping masterpieces away from us, and the truth is: for a fan, there's no better song than the one they haven't heard. I'm afraid y'all might be in for a bit of a disappointment when you finally end up hearing those.

I've been fantasizing about these songs like any other fan, but I'm also trying to stay realistic about the reasons why they haven't made the cut in the first place.

Anderson123
7 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

I chatted with him a little today and he confirmed with me that essentially legal reasons are what has got Act2 so tied up in the first place. (ie the label, the Troy split, and the whole Gaga going out on her own from underneath Troy thing)

I don't think Act 2 has a chance of seeing the light of the day because of that mess but it'd be a miracle if we hear something like Tea and maaaybe even Temple, which were the closest songs to being finished. We've heard Brooklyn Nights, Radio and Hallellujah and they weren't that bad for demos. Crossing my fingers it's music related but I know Paul also wanted to make a book and I'd be here for that too.

Also, this is Gaga we're talking about, I don't think she'd just drop 10 year old songs like that. If she wanted to, I knooow she'd change a lot of stuff on them, re-record vocals, etc. I'm not sure she'd have the time to really work on that with such a busy schedule.

Maxine Puth
49 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Even if I think it's some kind of unofficial event, I would definitely love having remastered versions of Brooklin Night, Nothing On The Radio and I Wanna Be With You on streaming services. It's the three songs that were meant to be on the final tracklist before being scrapped.

It's probably the only finished songs they have totally finished with no additional work to be done on it apart some remasterings.

Temple, not IWBWY. But I agree

monketsharona
37 minutes ago, Maxine Puth said:

Temple, not IWBWY. But I agree

I just hardly can't see Lady Gaga releasing in 2023 a song about Taylor Quiney's body

skedaddleBItCh

Could people just not ask for Act II

ARTPOP is already great as is, we don't need another one just to have it redeemed when it doesn't even need one.

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

Maxine Puth
16 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

I just hardly can't see Lady Gaga releasing in 2023 a song about Taylor Quiney's body

Yes but you said IWBWY was one of the three songs meant to be on the final track list, that’s not true. It was Temple, Brooklyn Nights, and Heard It On / Nothin On. 

Archived