💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The album from Gaga that you don't like at all?

Blackout19

Which album?   

160 members have voted

1. 1. Lets see..

• The Fame
    • The Fame Monster
    • Born This Way
    • ARTPOP
    • Joanne
    • Chromatica

Featured Posts

hieronymus
4 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

A lot of the songs on Joanne are not even about grief and loss. She's singing about smoking a whole pack of Marlboro in AYO and masturbation in DIC among other themes unrelated to her dead aunt. How she expected the album to heal her father's grief when most of the songs are not even about grief is still a mystery. It seems more like a theme she wanted to explore but never fully realized what she actually intented to do. Her calling the effort to heal her father with Joanne futile would be an understatement.

I've literally been saying this since I first heard it omg. It's such an aimless and uninspired album. It doesn't have a unifying vibe or sound besides vaguely sometimes "country" and sometimes forlorn.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SharGaga said:

A lot of the songs on Joanne are not even about grief and loss. She's singing about smoking a whole pack of Marlboro in AYO and masturbation in DIC among other themes unrelated to her dead aunt. How she expected the album to heal her father's grief when most of the songs are not even about grief is still a mystery. It seems more like a theme she wanted to explore but never fully realized what she actually intented to do. Her calling the effort to heal her father with Joanne futile would be an understatement.

i think she had that idea for the song Joanne but needed to still craft an album around it. you could interpret the other songs as from the perspective of Joanne herself but that gets a little uncomfortable with DIC.

i think the label shoe horned in songs like DIC because they wanted more "pop", we know they brought bloodpop in after hearing the album to make it more pop/commercial which makes me really curious to hear more demos as there's a chance they commit to being rock/country/americana more than the finished album which is pretty watered down

mother, what must i do?

Honestly the only Gaga albums I don't return to on a regular basis are C2C and Love For Sale so I find this hard to answer, out of her solo albums I listen to them all regularly but what I return to the least? The Fame.

Versace

I was almost gonna choose BTW but I saved you all from a meltdown. Ultimately it’s Joanne if I had to interpret the question as “least fav”. Don’t think you ever passionately dislike the work of an artist you admire so much. You’ll at least appreciate one from the vocals, lyrics or production. While I think BTW is overproduced and some songs didn’t age well for me, at least it has iconic highlights. Joanne is forgettable and something I rarely ever gave more listens to after 2017. ASIB soundtrack outdid what it wanted to do, let’s be real. 

Maxine Puth
1 hour ago, NATAH said:

i think she had that idea for the song Joanne but needed to still craft an album around it. you could interpret the other songs as from the perspective of Joanne herself but that gets a little uncomfortable with DIC.

i think the label shoe horned in songs like DIC because they wanted more "pop", we know they brought bloodpop in after hearing the album to make it more pop/commercial which makes me really curious to hear more demos as there's a chance they commit to being rock/country/americana more than the finished album which is pretty watered down

I think people forget that the album isn’t named after Joanne, it’s named after herself. She explained in an interview that it’s her middle name, and that the album explores the middle of her two sides, the crazy Gaga side who we know her for and the Stefani side who is her fathers daughter. Still the concept is kinda weak I agree, I just don’t want people going on thinking the album is from her aunts perspective lol. 

RAMROD
On 11/3/2022 at 6:15 PM, HIMe said:

I still can't believe they canceled the original LG5 concept (with RedOne songs) in favor of the mediocre Joanne.

On 11/3/2022 at 6:21 PM, Reginald said:

Joanne, by far. All of her other albums are great. 

On 11/3/2022 at 6:22 PM, GAGASEXUAL said:

Joanne is the only right answer. 

On 11/3/2022 at 6:27 PM, Maxine Puth said:

Literally this. Gaga showcased so much artistry in 2015, really improved her vocals, her image, etc. only to put out Joanne :saladga: Atleast we got some good songs though

On 11/3/2022 at 6:32 PM, MyARTPOPcouldmean said:

Joanne

22 hours ago, MessyTop said:

Joanne. The fans don’t like it, the general public don’t like it, Gaga don’t like it. Period 

22 hours ago, SharGaga said:

Joanne. Her grandma seeming indifferent when she heard the title track about her dead daughter is the icing on the cake. You could tell she wasn't moved by it at all. 

3 hours ago, SharGaga said:

3 hours ago, Hold My Ham said:

I've literally been saying this since I first heard it omg. It's such an aimless and uninspired album. It doesn't have a unifying vibe or sound besides vaguely sometimes "country" and sometimes forlorn.

Oh wow, y'all really said

48-E10260-1282-4734-BAFF-A2-EF62-E5-A968

:bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Blackout19
28 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Oh wow, y'all really said

48-E10260-1282-4734-BAFF-A2-EF62-E5-A968

:bradley:

this is not cool :awkney:

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

RAMROD
7 minutes ago, Blackout19 said:

this is not cool :awkney:

The original tweet actually not anout the alboom :billie:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bolkins

I guess mine is Joanne, I wouldn’t say I hate it but it’s definitely my least fave. It’s not like the music was terrible, or it wasn’t personal, it was just a very confused, strange era. I think we were all ready to hear about what had happened in her life since AP, and I don’t think anyone imagined the main focus of the era was going to be Aunt Joanne. 

skedaddleBItCh
46 minutes ago, Maxine Puth said:

I think people forget that the album isn’t named after Joanne, it’s named after herself. She explained in an interview that it’s her middle name, and that the album explores the middle of her two sides, the crazy Gaga side who we know her for and the Stefani side who is her fathers daughter. Still the concept is kinda weak I agree, I just don’t want people going on thinking the album is from her aunts perspective lol. 

This. It's just amazing how people never realized this when it's such a straightforward theme. The album was just telling stories about herself (Diamond Heart is basically about her when she was a go-go dancer; A-YO, John Wayne, Perfect Illusion, Million Reasons, and Sinner's Prayer is about her sexual self and her relationship; Come to Mama, Hey Girl, and Angel Down being her political self; Grigio Girls being about her and Sonja) with Joanne only being about her aunt, and even that she finds a connection to herself.

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

If I have tot choose it would be Joanne. Though I still rather listen to Joanne than the ASIB album or Jazz albums and I don't hate any those albums, but I don't ever listent to them either. All her other albums are just more fun to me.

On 11/3/2022 at 5:00 AM, Blackout19 said:

I can see already people choose Joanne, and it's actually one of her best. 

YES!!! We believe in Joanne Supremacy

making of joanne GIF by Lady Gaga

“I don’t separate my art from my life, it is one whole thing”. - Lady Gaga

AlabasterBones

If Joanne vanished into thin air today I think I could probably go at least a good year without even noticing it’s gone. I get an itch to listen to Perfect Illusion once every blue moon. Very snoozy album which has zero replay value for me - it has 461 plays on my last.fm (Perfect Illusion being 152 of those) - for context BTW has over 11,000 plays. JWT was a blast tho... at least it has that! 

People saying ARTPOP. Oh my goodness.... zero taste! It’s her second best record. <3

AlabasterBones

Joanne should’ve been an EP containing only the tracks: Joanne, Million Reasons, Perfect Illusion, John Wayne & Diamond Heart. 

Archived