💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jared Leto to play Karl Lagerfeld in an upcoming biopic

Teletubby

Featured Posts

elijahfan
5 minutes ago, Meat said:

He did a good job. It was Ridley’s fault that he couldn’t decide if he wanted the movie to be campy like Jared or serious like Gaga.

Yeah ‘cause Gaga wasn’t campy at all :ally:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

She definitely took a more serious approach than Jared. A lot of reviews mention the same thing.

elijahfan
4 minutes ago, Meat said:

She definitely took a more serious approach than Jared. A lot of reviews mention the same thing.

For sure, but I don’t think she should be used in the context of this film as a counter-example to campiness.

Bradley
33 minutes ago, Meat said:

He did a good job. It was Ridley’s fault that he couldn’t decide if he wanted the movie to be campy like Jared or serious like Gaga.

I'd say it was more the writer's than Ridley's. I still feel Jared deviated from the central tone of the movie too much, and Adam, Al and Gaga were much more respectful of it.

I'm always ready to defend Jared but I couldn't for his performance in Gucci. There were some comedic moments in Gaga and Salma's scenes but Jared single-handedly took it to a whole other level which was most responsible for the inconsistency of the film. :messga:

Bradley
22 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Apart from the "i'm f*cking positive" and "father, son and HoG" scenes, most of her scenes were quite serious and intent on delivering the pathos behind Patricia's madness and descent.

It was Jared who was responsible for 80% of the comedy.

5 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I'd say it was more the writer's than Ridley's. I still feel like Jared deviated from the central tone of the movie too much, and Adam, Al and Gaga were much more respectful of it.

I'm always ready to defend Jared but I couldn't for his performance in Gucci. There were some comedic moments in Gaga and Salma's scenes but Jared single-handedly took it to a whole other level which was most responsible for the inconsistency of the film. :messga:

I agree. I remember you pointing out the fact that the writer is very inexperienced like two years ago and you were right :messga:

Bradley
Just now, Meat said:

I agree. I remember you pointing out the fact that the writer is very inexperienced like two years ago and you were right :messga:

I'm surprised anyone remembers that. :partysick: Yes, I took a look at his imdb and he didn't have many writing credits. I guess House of Gucci was his practice then. We're his lab rats. :partysick:

SimonBaetens
3 hours ago, Sherry said:

He's so overrated. I mean he ruined HOG yet they still hired him :patrizia:

Agreed, wtf was he even doing in that role.

elijahfan
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

Apart from the "i'm f*cking positive" and "father, son and HoG" scenes, most of her scenes were quite serious and intent on delivering the pathos behind Patricia's madness and descent.

It was Jared who was responsible for 80% of the comedy.

You can be serious and campy at the same time.

Bradley
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

You can be serious and campy at the same time.

Yes you can. But Gaga's performance leaned more heavily towards the serious, dramatic side. Besides, the overall tone of the script is much determined by the writer, and if they'd written something campy, then no matter how much Gaga tried, it was going to sound a little funny.

My point was that Gaga tried her best to make it a serious drama and Jared less so.

elijahfan
31 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Yes you can. But Gaga's performance leaned more heavily towards the serious, dramatic side. Besides, the overall tone of the script is much determined by the writer, and if they'd written something campy, then no matter how much Gaga tried, it was going to sound a little funny.

My point was that Gaga tried her best to make it a serious drama and Jared less so.

I think they both tried to make it whatever Ridley Scott wanted it to be, and that was their jobs as actors.

He'll probably **** this up too

I hope they show a scene where Karl says "hmmm fat women are not beautiful nto worthy of being on my show honhonhon *arrogant voice"

Damn I hate this man, yikes, he gave me the yikes, what an odd man honestly, he always wore turtlenecks to hide his aging neck, always judging people's bodies and ****, he was so alone, i remember seein a docu of him in his parisian appartment, very beautiful but it gave me lonely sad depressed vibes. maybe he couldn't love or anyone or nobody could love him but he seemed messed up to me

"I hate intellectual conversation with intellectuals because I only care about my opinion."

"Life is not a beauty contest, some [ugly people] are great. What I hate is nasty, ugly people...the worst is ugly, short men. Women can be short, but for men it is impossible. It is something that they will not forgive in life...they are mean and they want to kill you."

"I've always known that I was made to live this way, that I would be this sort of legend."

“You’ve got fat mothers with their bags of chips sitting in front of the television and saying that thin models are ugly. The world of beautiful clothing is about ‘dreams and illusions.’”

“The hole in social security, it’s also [due to] all the diseases caught by people who are too fat,”

On Pippa Middleton in the days following Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding, he said, “I don’t like the sister’s face. She should only show her back.”

Lagerfeld was also a vocal critic of the #MeToo movement. “If you don’t want your pants pulled about, don’t become a model! Join a nunnery, there’ll always be a place for you in the convent,”

“I’m fed up with it,” he added. “What shocks me most in all of this are the starlets who have taken 20 years to remember what happened. Not to mention the fact there are no prosecution witnesses.”

“Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.”

Some Karl quotes for yall

Archived