mother, what must i do?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HeavyMetal Halcyon
11 minutes ago, NATAH said:

wait isn't that the normal album tracklist? :poot:

i already have all these :poot:

It's the first time they'll be available on streaming, and hopefully vinyl! 

ItWasntLaauv

THANK GOD!! This album means the world to me, I listened to it so much back in middle school and beyond. So excited! :legend::flutter:

HausOfAntonio

Its bizarre how amazing she was until Halcyon which indeed is a masterpiece and how mediocre (MY OPINION!!!) she became on Halcyon Days and thereafter… I used to stan her SO much back then :bradley:

hieronymus
29 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Its bizarre how amazing she was until Halcyon which indeed is a masterpiece and how mediocre (MY OPINION!!!) she became on Halcyon Days and thereafter… I used to stan her SO much back then :bradley:

I agree, she's been pretty much unlistenable since

NATAH
2 hours ago, Railing said:

That was basically a various artists tribute EP, I wouldn't say that's comparable to an album's worth of additional songs :toofunny: Here's hoping for ARTPOP though

turns out these were already released, just not on vinyl/streaming :messga:

however i am here for our fave dropping 18 extra songs for an album anniversary

mother, what must i do?

HeavyMetal Halcyon
1 hour ago, monstertoronto said:

How do you pronounce “Halcyon”. Hal-see-on?

Correct! 

HausOfHarlow

YALL I RAN when I saw this. I thought she was announcing a new album (with Easy Lover being the lead single) and thought to myself "wow, she's going back to her core with the Halcyon theme" - low-key disappointed it's a re-release of all songs we already have. Sure, Halcyon and Halcyon Days were technically two separate releases, but all 31 songs on that list are songs I'm already familiar with/have on my iTunes (yes, I still use iTunes to manage my songs/albums collection). Hoping to have a new album announcement soon! 

ALGAYDO

You My Everything, Flashlight, and Stay Awake are some of the best bops ever, I’m so ****ing happy and excited y’all :selena:

bpmMonkey

I’m in love ! This was my first breakup album back when I just finished school, almost every song slaps. All that nostalgia, Skins 7th reunited season and all that good stuff !! :firega:

ALGAYDO
10 hours ago, LaFama said:

Btw, I'm still pissed about You My Everything, the Skins version was superior :grr:

There are two versions of YME??? 

RAMROD
13 hours ago, PMM said:

really? the same cover???

You get 18 new tracks, and you still manage to complain? Tisk tisk :billie:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

DiamondHeart326
16 hours ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

Ellie Goulding has announced the 10 year re-release of Halcyon!  (One of the best albums ever)

It will include 18 bonus tracks on streaming services on October 12th, one week from today. 

Also: for those that don't know. The word halcyon comes from a story in Greek mythology about the halcyon bird, which had the power to calm the rough ocean waves every December so she could nest. Hence why the album is a dark "healing" album filled with references to water, rivers, and the sea. 

Halcyon DAYS the follow-up, takes it's name from a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful. Hence why Burn and other songs sound brighter on the re-up.

Funny I always thought it was a sleeping pill 💀🤣🤦🏼‍♂️

Archived