Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Coldplay forced to postpone 8 shows in Brazil

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Coldplay has been forced to postpone 8 shows in Brazil due to a “serious lung infection” affecting singer Chris Martin.
In an Instagram post on Tuesday the group wrote, “With deep regret, we’ve been forced to postpone our upcoming shows in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo until early 2023. Due to a serious lung infection, Chris has been put under strict doctor’s orders to rest for the next three weeks.”

The impacted dates include the following shows: Estadio Nilton Santos in Rio De Janeiro (Oct. 11, 12) and a planned six-date run at Allianz Parque in São Paulo (Oct. 15, 16, 18, 19, 21, 22). The band’s next scheduled date is the kick-off of a 10-show stand at Estadio River Plate in Buenos Aires, Argentina, which is slated to kick off on Oct. 25 and run through a Nov. 8 date.source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

GypsyVida

Jesus, SIX dates at Allianz Parque?

An TEN in Buenos Aires??

All stadiums?

THAT many people are going to see Coldplay lmao??

Stream COWBOY CARTER

Mother of Puppies
2 minutes ago, GypsyVida said:

THAT many people are going to see Coldplay lmao??

ehmm... yeah, why not? :excuseu:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

TheSine

I do hope that he heals from his infection and has the optimal recovery :heart:

🖤TheSine🖤

those dates and venues :omg: oh my god their touring power is absolutely stratospheric 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Rahrahbitchson
33 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Fd5R1U6XgAIG-qn?format=jpg&name=large

They can't catch a break

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

GypsyVida
7 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

ehmm... yeah, why not? :excuseu:

I just didn't know they were that popular. I mean... ten dates at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires is almost 500,000 people. That's A LOT of tickets to sell out in just one city.

For reference, when Gaga performed at that same stadium in 2012, she just did one show with 45,000 attendees.

Stream COWBOY CARTER

Mother of Puppies
1 minute ago, GypsyVida said:

I just didn't know they were that popular. I mean... ten dates at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires is almost 500,000 people. That's A LOT of tickets to sell out in just one city.

For reference, when Gaga performed at that same stadium in 2012, she just did one show with 45,000 attendees.

Well...

"With 100 million albums sold worldwide, Coldplay are the most successful band of the 21st century and one of the best-selling music acts of all time. According to Fuse, they are also the sixth-most awarded group in history."

I mean.. Coldplay has been around for more than 20 years... I grew up listening to them. I guess they're more of a "millenial" band - or even with loads of Gen X fans since they started in 2000 where most of Gen Z weren't even born :teehee:

GypsyVida
1 minute ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Well...

"With 100 million albums sold worldwide, Coldplay are the most successful band of the 21st century and one of the best-selling music acts of all time. According to Fuse, they are also the sixth-most awarded group in history."

I mean.. Coldplay has been around for more than 20 years... I grew up listening to them. I guess they're more of a "millenial" band - or even with loads of Gen X fans since they started in 2000 where most of Gen Z weren't even born :teehee:

That is true, I suppose. For reference, I was born in 2000. I know a few of their songs but I'm not super familiar. I guess it's just a generational gap.

I mean good for them, they're clearly doing super well. But I just had no clue they were that crazy popular.

Stream COWBOY CARTER

Mother of Puppies
1 minute ago, GypsyVida said:

That is true, I suppose. For reference, I was born in 2000. I know a few of their songs but I'm not super familiar. I guess it's just a generational gap.

I mean good for them, they're clearly doing super well. But I just had no clue they were that crazy popular.

Yeah then it's understandable that Gen Z isn't really that aware of how big they are. I went to their show this summer too and they played the venue 3 times in a row and when I was there it was completely sold out as were the other shows.

I guess for most of Gen Z it's also hard to really understand/know how insanely big Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys were in the 90s.... they were HUGE and these days it's kinda hard to believe.

I guess there are more bands and popstars who were huge in the 70s/80s too and I can't really tell, because I wasn't alive yet at the time. I think this is a generational thing.

NATAH
24 minutes ago, GypsyVida said:

i feel that too... coldplay are for sure a household name but you never hear about them the same way some stars like beyonce, taylor swift, justin beiber, BTS or harry styles are talked about

mother, what must i do?

Night Vision
35 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Well...

Even with all those stats, these kind of touring numbers aren't just normal. It is surprising and super impressive that any music act on earth is capable of those kind of attendance numbers in each respective cities, it's never really happened before in history.

Mother of Puppies
10 minutes ago, NATAH said:

i feel that too... coldplay are for sure a household name but you never hear about them the same way some stars like beyonce, taylor swift, justin beiber, BTS or harry styles are talked about

I believe it's because they don't really share that much of their private lives. The only one of the 4 who's in the spotlight is Chris Martin - most people wouldn't even recognize the rest of the band members. They have also never really cared for photoshoots or music videos in a "sexier way" since sex sells as we all know. That's just my thought though

It may also depend on where you live. I feel like Taylor isn't nearly as big here in Germany as she is in the US. 

Archived