Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyonce hits back at Right Said Fred with statement

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Update:
Beyonce's statement

The comments made by Right Said Fred stating that Beyonce used “I’m Too Sexy” in “Alien Superstar” without permission are erroneous and incredibly disparaging. 

Permission was not only granted for its use, but they publicly spoke of their gratitude for being on the album. For their song, there was no sound recording use, only the composition was utilised. 

Permission was asked of their publisher on May 11, 2022 and the publisher approved the use on June 15, 2022. They were paid for the usage in August, 2022. 

Furthermore, the copyright percentage of the Right Said Fred writers with respect to the use of “I’m Too Sexy” is a substantial portion of the composition. 

Collectively the Right Said Fred writers own more than any other singular writer and have co-writer credit. This accusation is false.' 

source
kres.png
Right Said Fred hits out at Beyonce at the 2022 BMI [Broadcast Music Inc] Awards held at London's swanky Savoy Hotel for using their biggest hit without permission.

Her album track Alien Superstar samples their 1992 single I'm Too Sexy - picking up 71 million streams on Spotify alone singe its release at the end of July.

But while fans assumed Right Said Fred had given Beyoncé the nod to use the track it seems she didn't even try to reach out.

Right Said Fred said: "Normally the artist approaches us but Beyoncé didn’t because she is such an arrogant person she just had probably thought 'come and get me' so we heard about it after the fact when you did. But everyone else, Drake and Taylor Swift, they came to us."

Drake used the track in his 2021 hit Way 2 Sexy alongside Future and Young Thug.

Taylor opted to used the iconic song on her 2017 Reputation lead single Look What You Made Me Do, which peaked at number one in the UK charts.

The duo continued: "To use our melody they need our permission so they send us the demo and we approve it and if so we get a co-write credit. With this Beyoncé thing there are 22 writers it’s ridiculous so we would get about 40p.

"The reason that is happening we think is because there is so little money now in the actual sales people like friends, golfing partners, engineers, bookers and the guy who brings the coke, they all want a cut."

"We cant stop it. There is nothing we can do. It is s***," they said.

"You are going to get into a conversation with someone who has a lot more presence and power and money than we do. And that won’t go well. It’s best to let it go. If you’re not careful you spend your life looking back. We keep looking forward the whole time."

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teletubby
2 minutes ago, Dojo said:

Taylor? for what song?

Look What You Made Me Do

Rahrahbitchson

Its funny because that is so true and speaks volumes of her. She is too full of herself 

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Cello

why does this happen so often tho :deadbanana:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Controversiaga
6 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Its funny because that is so true and speaks volumes of her. She is too full of herself 

Tbh I don’t think Beyoncé wrote that lyric or has really much of any idea what goes on behind the scenes with the songwriting process for her music .  She just takes what she’s given.  Her songwriters/team are the ones to blame.

all that said, it would look super cute if Beyoncé at least tried and pretended to be more involved in the process and spoke about collaboration and the importance of communication and consent when it comes to sampling lol 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

erfaan

Yikes. This is the third artist that's come out and mentioned they weren't asked to be sampled on Renaissance. 

misham0nster
4 minutes ago, erfaan said:

Yikes. This is the third artist that's come out and mentioned they weren't asked to be sampled on Renaissance. 

Who were the others? I missed this 😭

Would you love me if I ruled the world?

Teletubby
1 minute ago, misham0nster said:

Who were the others? I missed this 😭

Kelis, Robin S., Kevin Aviance

Gagaism

I mean, I really appreciate the way she paved patches in music, the way she comes with her stuff all well done specially the visuals and her skills when it comes to perform and sing but I’ve always had something that doesn’t click about her… and Jay Z. Good musicians but something around them never seemed right to me. 

Anderson123

Mess. I like Beyoncé and want to think she's a nice person because Gaga and Adele love her but all of this drama keeps coming and coming. It seems more like the people that are in charge of these technical stuff during her album cycles are taking the wrong decisions or doing a lot of things that they can get away with only because "it's Beyoncé, why would they say no".

I honestly would be very very surprised if Beyoncé is the one doing all of this and on purpose.

• Teletubby changed the title to Beyonce hits back at Right Said Fred with statement

Archived