Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyonce hits back at Right Said Fred with statement

Teletubby

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Frank Potion said:

Cry about it 

Or maybe Beyoncé could actually be “classy” like she claims to be and politely ask someone before using their song?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
myluis617

Bruh like be happy a newer generation is using a phrase you penned. People are so ridiculous.

Stop acting like she stole a whole song please. 
Meat Cooking GIF by Beef. It's What's For Dinner.
playing Alien Superstar

Mocchi

Beyoncé is always criticized because of her lack of lyrics involvement. Why you all assume now this was her decision? :giggle:

Robo Ga

I love Beyoncé but I do agree sometimes she is too full of herself and people are starting to turn on that a bit 😬

🤖⚡️

TheOriginalOne

I’m not familiar with music history but has sampling always been a common thing that musicians do? As a kid, I feel like I never heard about this much, but now we have Dua, Olivia, and Beyoncé creating entire albums out of sampled material and Ava Max is basically a tribute artist with the amount of sampling being done. Not saying is a good or bad thing, just something that has come up a lot lately, at least in my sphere of knowledge. Very interesting stuff! 

monstertoronto
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

Look What You Made Me Do

This is literally just because of the rhythm in which she says “look what you made me do”.  There’s no lyrics or tune that is borrowed, it’s just the timing of how she says the words. It feels like a huge reach but she just paid to avoid a situation. 

TheSine
11 hours ago, TheOriginalOne said:

I’m not familiar with music history but has sampling always been a common thing that musicians do? As a kid, I feel like I never heard about this much, but now we have Dua, Olivia, and Beyoncé creating entire albums out of sampled material and Ava Max is basically a tribute artist with the amount of sampling being done. Not saying is a good or bad thing, just something that has come up a lot lately, at least in my sphere of knowledge. Very interesting stuff! 

You're correct. Sampling is a common thing in music artistry. From Hip-Hop, House and pop music. Sampling is an interesting thing. (Don't get this mixed up with inspiration, though. :laughga:) Musicans are legally required to ask permission to sample a piece of music. It seems more prominent in this day in age, though.

🖤TheSine🖤

BUtterfield 8
12 hours ago, Teletubby said:

Kelis, Robin S., Kevin Aviance

Kevin didn’t really care tho he was happy to be on the album lol

13 hours ago, Teletubby said:

Robin S.

“This is Robin S, and this message goes out to the Queen Bey herself, Beyoncé, to Jay-Z, to the entire team,” she said during her interview. “Thank you so much for giving me my flowers while I’m still alive. I am honored, and I’m excited to see what else can happen.”

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/robin-s-beyonce-break-my-soul-sample-show-me-love-1235301152/amp/

The only one not happy about it was Kelis, who didn’t even own the rights to the song that was sampled.

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

TEANUS

“Beyoncé” “Arrogant”

200.gif

A lot of her songs are top notch, including lots from RENAISSANCE, but things like this ain’t cute

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Aussie
14 hours ago, Teletubby said:Drake used the track in his 2021 hit Way 2 Sexy alongside Future and Young Thug.

Taylor opted to used the iconic song on her 2017 Reputation lead single Look What You Made Me Do, which peaked at number one in the UK

Not sure which is saddest. Beyoncé yet again using a song without permission or the fact that this song was sampled at least 3 times in the last 5 years, all in hit songs. Originality truly seems dead in the mainstream….Not even 22 writers for a song could come up with something fresh.

NATAH
15 hours ago, TheOriginalOne said:

sampling is super common, it's just that some are super obvious and others are very discreet

gaga has a bunch of samples that are so well implemented that nobody would guess it was a sample

mother, what must i do?

Sneaky Oliver

Maybe it’s the case her team asked the permission for whoever owns the main writing credit. it’s not always the main artist or performer. Like the mess that happened with Kelis. 

Also it’s a known fact she’s not a songwriter so you should blame her team. Calling her arrogant, full or herself or something isn’t fair.

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• Teletubby changed the title to Beyonce hits back at Right Said Fred with statement

Archived