💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kim Petras calls out Pitchfork on Teenage Dream review+shades Billie Eilish

noa234

Featured Posts

hieronymus
32 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Born this way wasn't experimental yet some folks here call it that and idk why...

Because they've mostly listened to pure pop for their entire lives so any pop music that incorporates anything else is suddenly avant garde and wild. I remember how hard the popheads pooped their pants when Hold it Against Me came out because Britney had a song with dubstep.

31 minutes ago, Ronk said:

a terrible look for Kim.

That's nothing new :toofunny:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pachinko
9 hours ago, Versace said:

Do you consider Born This Way commercial cause it was quite experimental sounding to me…

(Eats popcorn) :popcorn:

AURAOFSHEISSE
2 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

they way people say how Pitchfork's opinion doesn't matter, yet everyone always read their reviews, repost them and get mad about their scores, like if you don't care why you are so pressed? 

Right like everyone writes off pitchfork until they give their fave high scores:saladga:

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

10 minutes ago, AUARAOFSHEISSE said:

Right like everyone writes off pitchfork until they give their fave high scores:saladga:

For me there's two conflicting considerations here.  Many critics have agendas that have nothing to do with an honest appraisal of the music, so I write them off.  However I like when my faves get great reviews because it might make my faves happy to see accolades and I want them to be happy.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Versace
2 hours ago, Hold My Ham said:

We need to put a moratorium on the word "experimental" around here until people know what it means and how to use it.

Oh please you wanna convince me that songs like Gov Hooker, Highway Unicorn and Electric Chapel were not sonically adventurous for a “Pop” record? :interestinga: 

swakby

Ok so can we call her out for being a little toxic?

I’m not sure why she needs to bring people down to make her point. Now Billie, she also dragged Ava in the past. Lowkey she’s just mad Pitchfork won’t review her music.

And don’t get me started on her working voluntarily with Dr Luke.

Wolf Boy

Maybe Kim should actually have a hit album before she starts dragging other artists for no reason.

Roughhouse Dandy

Once again Kim is giving me more reasons to ignore her existence over all the queer screaming to give her a second, third, fourth chance. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

RudraCNG

Whispering albums are boring but Teenage Dream wasn't so great either. And I love albums full of color, carefree and optimistic.

Ziggy
14 hours ago, Versace said:

I agree with her. Teenage Dream is the best commercial pop album of the 2010’s. It’s not even a debate. 

Ehhhhhh the second half isn’t nearly as strong as the single-loaded first half lbr it’s a great album but I would hesitate to say the greatest

OT: this tweet is funny bc pitchfork has never been that into whisper stuff. I’d say they can lean into loving minimalistic music a lot but not exactly whisper

hieronymus
6 hours ago, Versace said:

Oh please you wanna convince me that songs like Gov Hooker, Highway Unicorn and Electric Chapel were not sonically adventurous for a “Pop” record? :interestinga: 

They are pop songs on a pop record. Idk what else to tell you. Listen to more music than top 40.

Versace
4 hours ago, Hold My Ham said:

They are pop songs on a pop record. Idk what else to tell you. Listen to more music than top 40.

Lol my fav genres are rock and alternative and I can tell you for a fact that BTW incorporates those genres as well. You need to listen to more music in general. 

hieronymus
1 hour ago, Versace said:

Lol my fav genres are rock and alternative and I can tell you for a fact that BTW incorporates those genres as well. You need to listen to more music in general. 

Yeah, no. I never said they didn't incorporate other genres. You keep changing your argument. lol

Versace
2 hours ago, Hold My Ham said:

Yeah, no. I never said they didn't incorporate other genres. You keep changing your argument. lol

If it does incorporate them then it’s literally experimenting for a “Pop” record. Don’t complain to me and make assumptions about me just cause our definitions of experimental differ. Like what are you expecting, an apology or something. Ridiculous. 

Archived