Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kim Petras calls out Pitchfork on Teenage Dream review+shades Billie Eilish

noa234

Featured Posts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teenage Dream is great but 6.8 is a fitting score for it. It’s actually very generous because back then Pitchfork was even more strict with pop albums.

bpmMonkey

Arent we just a little over exaggerating here with the title..? :selena:

Also she’s not wrong tbh. 
coco-get-her-jade.gif

And I love Kim but if she’s trying to shade Billie Eillish with her second tweet then it unfortunately fell flat. Pitchfork has never really loved Billie :bear: They gave her debut album a 7.2 :bear:

• noa234 changed the title to Kim Petras calls out Pitchfork on Teenage Dream review+shades Billie Eilish
AkariGaga
15 minutes ago, Meat said:

And I love Kim but if she’s trying to shade Billie Eillish with her second tweet then it unfortunately fell flat. Pitchfork has never really loved Billie :bear: They gave her debut album a 7.2 :bear:

7.2 for that album is a choice.TD surely is not 8 or 9 worthy but it deserves better .Pitchfork tends to hate everything mainstream so it is no suprising they hate TD.

sorry Kim but a 6.8 to 7 is a solid and fair score for that album. 

Teenage Dream ERA is iconic because of how big the singles were and the great visuals Katy served throughout it as well as the super fun theme BUT the music itself is just "good" pop. Nothing amazing and I think a 6.8 reflects a good enough score.

Railing

I don't agree with her; Teenage Dream is a bit all-over-the-place sonically, it's not mind-blowing, but it shines through its visual presentation and the sheer catchiness of some of those songs. It was a special era, but I feel like a completely positive rating would be disingenuous.

One Of The Boys, however, I think is underrated and deserves a reevaluation. People are quick to dismiss that album for the "I Kissed a Girl"/"Ur So Gay" dichotomy, but I think it's just as catchy as TD, more consistent/cohesive, and presents a lot of manic but honest stories :hor:

Versace

I agree with her. Teenage Dream is the best commercial pop album of the 2010’s. It’s not even a debate. 

Monstermilo

commercial success doesnt equate to quality music lmao 

katys music is the epitome of cookie cutter pop 

6 minutes ago, Versace said:

I agree with her. Teenage Dream is the best commercial pop album of the 2010’s. It’s not even a debate. 

Do you live in an alternate universe where Born this way wasn’t released in the 2010s? 

ProdigyARTPOP
7 minutes ago, Versace said:

the best commercial pop album of the 10s is adele’s 21, it’s literally the best selling all around and critically lauded, that’s what commercial means 

AURAOFSHEISSE
7 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

the best commercial pop album of the 10s is adele’s 21, it’s literally the best selling all around and critically lauded, that’s what commercial means 

Commercial has nothing to do with critics opinions in fact most critics trash commercial albums… and 21 being the best pop album of the 10’s is highly debatable:huntyga:

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

Versace
14 minutes ago, Meat said:

Do you live in an alternate universe where Born this way wasn’t released in the 2010s? 

Do you consider Born This Way commercial cause it was quite experimental sounding to me…

Archived