Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

FIT Director: Gaga is the fashion celebrity of the last 10 years

Mills

Do you agree with the statement about Gaga?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the statement about Gaga?

Featured Posts

No. She designs most of her stuff and has it made by her "team" (Also known as the Haus of Gaga; her friends). Unless of course she wears designer's clothes, which she also does quite often. There's a big difference.

The vast majority of her clothing is sent to her by brands,Or art students trying to make it big

The Entire BTWBALL outfits are made by brands

Many of the hats are also Designer

its not exactly her intellectual property

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MelbHawker

No way Gaga is NOT a fashion Icon,Her outfits are just silly to catch peoples attention! If were talking real fashion Icon its someone like Kate Middleton or Angelina Jolie

Please. Gaga is a fashion icon.

She doesn't wear fashion for attention - it works in her favour sure, but essentially it's part of her overall style as a performer. She integrates her fashion with her music. She celebrates fashion in a way that no-one else does. Could you imagine Gaga without her clothes? No. It's something that is distinct about her.

She's an icon in a different sense compared to Kate Middleton etc. Kate celebrates fashion by consistently looking conventionally beautiful and channeling the grace, elegance and class of all those who made their mark before her. Gaga on the other hand has no rules or boundaries. She may wear the most absurd clothing at times - but who makes Gaga's fashion? The same people/designers that make Kate Middleton's clothes.

She definitely is a fashion icon!

I don't think she's trying to do anything,She is little to no input into her clothes most of it is sent to her or picked for her

Yeah! everybody knows she didn't create her outfits. that's why she mentioned designers' names as many as possible.

why do you think that she doesn't choose her own outfits, and why kate and angie does? and kate doesn't even do something remarkable enough to have that much of an impact to be a fashion icon, bc she's not as popular as gaga, and only few people are still interested in her.

Fashion is not just about beautiful hats, beautiful dresses, beautiful rings, beautiful purses, and beautiful shoes, it's more than that. There're earrings, make-ups, prothetics, hair styles, hair colors, shoulder pads, masks, bras, nails, panties, high heels, stilettos, platforms, capes, tats, leggings, socks, glasses, one's own body, etc. Being fashionable or a fashion icon doesn't mean you have to look normal, beautiful, or gorgeeeous all the time.(i call it a stereotype) But it means how can you develop it to another level. I think you know what i mean, and if you don't then i'm dead. :blehga: Zz

너와의 어색한 침묵이 차라리 좋아

Yeah! everybody knows she didn't create her outfits. that's why she mentioned designers' names as many as possible.

why do you think that she doesn't choose her own outfits, and why kate and angie does? and kate doesn't even do something remarkable enough to have that much of an impact to be a fashion icon, bc she's not as popular as gaga, and only few people are still interested in her.

Fashion is not just about beautiful hats, beautiful dresses, beautiful rings, beautiful purses, and beautiful shoes, it's more than that. There're earrings, make-ups, prothetics, hair styles, hair colors, shoulder pads, masks, bras, nails, panties, high heels, stilettos, platforms, capes, tats, leggings, socks, glasses, one's own body, etc. Being fashionable or a fashion icon doesn't mean you have to look normal, beautiful, or gorgeeeous all the time.(i call it a stereotype) But it means how can you develop it to another level. I think you know what i mean, and if you don't then i'm dead. :blehga: Zz

What are you on about? its on the freakin NEWS if Kate wears a coat,She's a fashion icon because she wears clothes that are stylish and not like something from The Venice Carnival,Big difference between attention grabbing outfits

will Katy's Yellow box ever be iconic? lol

Please. Gaga is a fashion icon.

She doesn't wear fashion for attention - it works in her favour sure, but essentially it's part of her overall style as a performer. She integrates her fashion with her music. She celebrates fashion in a way that no-one else does. Could you imagine Gaga without her clothes? No. It's something that is distinct about her.

She's an icon in a different sense compared to Kate Middleton etc. Kate celebrates fashion by consistently looking conventionally beautiful and channeling the grace, elegance and class of all those who made their mark before her. Gaga on the other hand has no rules or boundaries. She may wear the most absurd clothing at times - but who makes Gaga's fashion? The same people/designers that make Kate Middleton's clothes.

She definitely is a fashion icon!

Lets not forget she had no interest in fashion before she was famous,People send her clothes she wears them (most of the time)

not her intellectual property! Oh please you are telling me a LOBSTER isn't intended to be attention grabbing?

What function does it hold? Purpose? Meaning? its all part of her marketing 'The Art of fame' everyone does it would Katy wear a yellow box on her head at home on the couch no

The vast majority of her clothing is sent to her by brands,Or art students trying to make it big

The Entire BTWBALL outfits are made by brands

Many of the hats are also Designer

its not exactly her intellectual property

It is her intellectual property if she's helped design it (at least partially).

Then WHY do you feel the need to tell me?

Clothes are for warmth and comfort not a steak on your head,Practical clothing IS what most people want,Her clothes are NOT iconic it grabs peoples attention and they usually call her ''weird'' ''nuts'' or just laugh,and cut the 'avant garde' pretentious crap a lobster on your head is just bonkers its not fashion,Call me back when you see people going shopping with a slab of meat on there head lol

Kate Middleton for example

She wears something

-Instantly on the cover of magazines

-People buy it right away

-it sells out

Gaga has a team of people to make and come up with her clothes...d

Don't wear high heels. They are uncomfortable. Don't wear a swimsuit. It is uncomfortable. Don't wear earrings. They are not for warmth or comfort, it is unnecessary to wear them.

and ps.if you think avant-garde is a crap, then you should see a psychiatrist, really.

너와의 어색한 침묵이 차라리 좋아

Don't wear high heels. They are uncomfortable. Don't wear a swimsuit. It is uncomfortable. Don't wear earrings. They are not for warmth or comfort, it is unnecessary to wear them.

and ps.if you think avant-garde is a crap, then you should see a psychiatrist, really.

This!

Stephen

You know NOTHING about Gaga. You can't even call yourself a fan.

Educate yourself:

I ****ing love that interview.

MelbHawker

Lets not forget she had no interest in fashion before she was famous,People send her clothes she wears them (most of the time)

not her intellectual property! Oh please you are telling me a LOBSTER isn't intended to be attention grabbing?

What function does it hold? Purpose? Meaning? its all part of her marketing 'The Art of fame' everyone does it would Katy wear a yellow box on her head at home on the couch no

Are you sure she had no interest in fashion before she was famous? I always have this debate with people. She DID have some level of interest for fashion prior to her career taking off. Her interest for fashion has increased because she's been exposed to the fashion industry and has began learning and understanding the industry/craft. She couldn't dress is any designer clothes prior to her fame simply because she couldn't afford to!

Of course designer fashion isn't her intellectual property - I'm not claiming she invented it.

A Lobster is designed to be attention seeking. It's part of her act. Doesn't mean she's not a fashion icon because of it. But in terms of fashion - the designer's aim was to push the boundaries of what we consider to be conventional headwear.

It's your opinion at the end of the day - I'm not here to change it but there's no denying it - Gaga is a fashion icon in her own right.

Galactic Mess

Do you mean how Katy Perry 'Co-writes' more like adds the full stops and crosses the T's

No, she actually did stuff. Of course she doesn't have a say in most of her clothes, but she does create the concepts for attire made for special ocasions.

Galactic Mess

Her fashion shocking people(and being intentionally designed for that) doesn't exclude the fact that she still has some creative input on it.

A swimsuit IS practical :fail:

Earrings aren't clothes...

Don't tell be what you think I need LOL

Are you sure she had no interest in fashion before she was famous? I always have this debate with people. She DID have some level of interest for fashion prior to her career taking off. Her interest for fashion has increased because she's been exposed to the fashion industry and has began learning and understanding the industry/craft. She couldn't dress is any designer clothes prior to her fame simply because she couldn't afford to!

Of course designer fashion isn't her intellectual property - I'm not claiming she invented it.

A Lobster is designed to be attention seeking. It's part of her act. Doesn't mean she's not a fashion icon because of it. But in terms of fashion - the designer's aim was to push the boundaries of what we consider to be conventional headwear.

It's your opinion at the end of the day - I'm not here to change it but there's no denying it - Gaga is a fashion icon in her own right.

The disco ball bra maybe but that was just part of her act then

Couldn't afford it?! Her parents are rich Republican Italians,That sent her to the same school as Paris Hilton!!

That's what I'm saying she would not have said ''I would kill for fashion'' before she had all these fashion friends I get she needs to keep up with etc but she ain't a fashion ICON especially after 2 studio albums!

Archived