💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billy Eichner blames homophobia for BROS poor numbers

Dojo

Featured Posts

• Dojo changed the title to Billy Eichner blames homophobia for BROS poor numbers
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AURAOFSHEISSE

I mean its kinda true, I rlly wanted to see it but the nearest theatre that's actually showing it is almost 50 miles away:samanthac:

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

Cameltoe Chariot

He's not wrong, even if he's coming across as a d*ck :partysick:

And I say this as a gay man who isn't particularly interested in the movie lol

Maxine Puth

The movie trailer did not interest me at all :awkney: Like yay for representation but it doesn’t seem like something I’d sit through. 

Cameltoe Chariot

The movie reminds of me the type of comedy that was popular like 15+ years ago with movies like 40 Year Old Virgin, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Knocked Up, etc... like it looks funny but also extremely dated and not what people go to see in theatres anymore :glamourpuss:

i think that even if we are not into the movie we should try to support it no matter what

just because the success of this type of projects ensure more lgbtq+ productions in the future and it's a win for the culture 

Werewolves Wanted

It was actually very moving! Not usually my kind of movie, but it really got to me. I even cried at some parts. It’s disguised as a love story, which it is, but it’s moreso a commentary on life as a gay individual and how different it all is from what the straight world believes. It kind of delves into a lot of prevalent topics being discussed in LGBT cultures. 
The writing was amazing. 

hieronymus
Just now, Cameltoe Chariot said:

The movie reminds of me the type of comedy that was popular like 15+ years ago with movies like 40 Year Old Virgin, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Knocked Up, etc... like it looks funny but also extremely dated and not what people go to see in theatres anymore :glamourpuss:

Exactly this... It felt like a modern version of Eating Out or Another Gay Movie.

Franch Toast

I watched the movie and thought it was cute and funny (for what it's worth, I'm a woman, not a gay man). I enjoyed it a lot. It was more serious than I expected, but it was still very light-hearted. 

She/Her/Hers

Anveeroy
58 minutes ago, NATAH said:

but i'm gay and have no desire to see this movie... now what? :samanthac:

52 minutes ago, JustDance1122 said:

The movie trailer did not interest me at all :awkney: Like yay for representation but it doesn’t seem like something I’d sit through. 

Exactly, as a Queer person I was like- nope, not watching this. Maybe it's very loud for me. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

SpiritBunny

I'm gay and I don't want to see it. That being said, he may have a point because only 1 theater near me is showing it

ItWasntLaauv

All the pick me gays saying “but I had no desire to see it either”… like okay. He’s describing one of the reasons people may not want to see it, not THE reason. He’s clearly very proud of his movie and wants everyone to get the chance to see it. People keep dragging him and it’s weird, people beg for representation that isn’t a tragic, death, AIDS storyline and we finally got a theatrically released romcom. Could he have worded these tweets in a different way, sure, but let’s not pretend we don’t see where he’s coming from.

monstertoronto

I watched this movie and I LOVED it. I seriously laughed out loud so many times and even teared up a bit. I thought it was amazing and I’m so sad that it didn’t do better. It’s very much like a 90s style New York romcom with Apatow type humour in it, and that to me was perfect. If those kind of movies aren’t your thing then maybe you wouldn’t appreciate it as much but honestly I really thought it was excellent. The whole theatre was laughing really really loudly. But also I’m in Toronto Canada and we’re prob less homophobic than most of the US. 

Archived