💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

GERMAN MONSTERS: your opinion about Scheiße

rinasawachanta

Featured Posts

rinasawachanta

This question is exclusively for German little monsters, or monsters whose native language is German. What is your opinion of Scheiße? What did you think of it the first time you heard it? How does it feel for a German-speaking person to hear Gaga's gibberish? And for your country's GP? Was it received as a "tribute", a "parody", something "funny" or rather "ridiculous"? I am very interested in your answers!

The Fame Monster

A great question! I’m also interestedto know! 🤓👍🏼 

Find your freedom in the music

theARTVampire

I remember we were trying to figure out the words during the gibberish parts, as we didn't know it isn't actual german.

Mother of Puppies

Since I'm german let me answer this :huntyga:

The first time I heard it I had to laugh, because it sounds really funny to me. It's interesting that this is what german sounds like to people. (or maybe to Gaga)

There is another word in there which is a real german word. ("Fräulein") but it's not really used that often. I sometimes call my cat like this when she's done something bad :billie:

I do get that some of the words or combinations have a german sounding tone though. (especially the -en ending)

Since the song wasn't a single I don't think the GP knows this song. It's always been one of my favorites though

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

tomsches

Im Austrian, so my native language is German.

when I first heard it I loved it and I was excited that she was doing a song in German. In the beginning I was trying so hard to make out the lyrics till I realized that it’s gibberish.

i still get mad when people call it Sheibe or SchieBe or something. ßßßßßßß 

NichuuB

Me, as a German, think it's stereotypical and detrimental to German people. Gaga should've done better

Property of @Whale

RAMROD

I'm not German, but....

1.) I am here to see if anyone write the song title as ScheiBe :partysick:

2.) I wanna ask how y'all Germans feels these days, when you say you're German, and some gheys who knows, will humor you with, "Oh! I don't speak German but I can if you like!"  :awesome:

3.) Do you choose Dusseldorf better, or Dusselford?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

As a German, I absolutely love it. I don‘t really mind the gibberish part, but knowing why she did it - makes it even more powerful and impactful. Also, when people try to look for hate videos on Youtube (in German) they most likely get the song requested and maybe even turn into stans - a marketing Genius!! 

@RAMROD I posted just after you sent your reply, so let me answer these as well lol!

I think when people quote the Songs beginning it‘s a fun / playful thing and as a Monster it actually makes me very proud to see that it stood the test of time. 

Dusselford is superior all the way! 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Mother of Puppies
16 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

ScheiBe

Scheibe is an actual german word, which confused me when people called it that when it came out :ladyhaha: put a "d" instead of the "ß" and then it's a whole other word again :selena: :river:

17 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

I wanna ask how y'all Germans feels these days, when you say you're German, and some gheys who knows, will humor you with, "Oh! I don't speak German but I can if you like!"  :awesome:

Love it :haroon:

18 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Dusselford

iconic if u ask me

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Ophelia
49 minutes ago, tomsches said:

i still get mad when people call it Sheibe or SchieBe or something. ßßßßßßß 

I'm not German, but I just wish more of these people knew they could just write it as SCHEISSE and they would be correct, there's no need to copy the scharfes S from google :classy:

...has anybody seen my disco stick?

Night Vision
3 hours ago, Mother of Puppies said:

Since I'm german let me answer this :huntyga:

The first time I heard it I had to laugh, because it sounds really funny to me. It's interesting that this is what german sounds like to people. (or maybe to Gaga)

There is another word in there which is a real german word. ("Fräulein") but it's not really used that often. I sometimes call my cat like this when she's done something bad :billie:

I do get that some of the words or combinations have a german sounding tone though. (especially the -en ending)

Since the song wasn't a single I don't think the GP knows this song. It's always been one of my favorites though

The funny thing is that to a non-German speaker, it really does sound like she's speaking German.

14 year old me was shook when I found out it was gibberish and I hadn't really been singing in German like I thought :billie:

Archived